Contribute
Register
hello to all,

i have not got an ethernet card in my notebook that works, how do i get the device to show up under ethernet. i only have wifi perfekt working.

@lil007,

First you need to identify the laptop's ethernet card, use DPCI manager to identify the device (click on the 'PCI List' tab), then try and find a kext device driver that is compatible, Multibeast supports most of the popular ones if it's not supported by multibeast then you'll have to try and find kext that will work, you could try here - use Kext utility to install the correct one.

Once you have the kext driver loaded ensure that it is flagged as 'Built-in' in the 'Status' page of DPCI Manager - See Part 1, Step 2 of the guide for further info on this ...

If you are getting different values for ROM and MLB on each boot then you'll need to address this issue, Part-1 Step 5d of the guide explains the issue in detail with suggestions on how to resolve it.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Jay

Hi just wanna ask you if USB Lan card works for iCloud,Appstore,iMessage and Facetime? i have a working Hackintosh Mavericks 10.9.3

2014-09-12 08:17:03.779 imessage_debug[930:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <00000000 09a4>

Thanks in advance

@treblA311,

USB Ethernet does work but it can be problematic to get working with iCloud services, First run DPCI Manager and ensure that the USB NIC is flagged as built-in, I suspect that it isn't as your not able to use any iCloud services, if so then try injecting the EFI device string generated by DPCI-Manager - See Part-1, Step 2.

Once its flagged as 'Built-in' you then need to address the issue of your Invalid ROM Value (if still present), I would try using the MAC address of the Internal NIC rather than the USB one - See step 5d for info on how to inject the MAC address as your ROM value - however if the internal NIC is not working and returning an invalid value then use the USB MAC address it really doesn't matter as long as it's unique (6 Bytes)

Finally make sure that its persistent between reboots. If it's not then the issue is most likely your boot-loader, see the suggestions in Step 5d for solutions to this. Try Chameleon r2283 with FileNVRAM 1.1.3 that seems to be the most reliable combination for getting persistent MLB & ROM Values but it can have issues with SystemID UUID injection if your motherboard suffers from the Sid Bug - See part-2 of the guide.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

Thank u sir for the fast reply, downloaded the DPCI Manager when i run it USB Ethernet is detected but built-in is grayed out, do you think that's the culprit? or is there anyway that i can inject it to be recognized as built in

@jaymonkey,

Thank u sir for the fast reply, downloaded the DPCI Manager when i run it USB Ethernet is detected but built-in is grayed out, do you think that's the culprit? or is there anyway that i can inject it to be recognized as built in

@reblA311,

You wont be able to use Apple's iCloud services while it's not recognised as built in, Read to lower half of Step 2 in Part 1 of the guide, it concentrates on this exact issue ....

Cheers
Jay

I installed UEFI method, although on initial install, the boot loader wasn't initiating correctly so had to USB back in and reinstalled with default options for UEFI. Then used Clover Configurator, Mounted EFI, loaded EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, disabled graphics injects (GTX 770), injected my MLB/ROM, setup my SMBIOS with identical numbers from Chameleon (system definition, Sn, etc), CMD+S, crossed my fingers and rebooted.
Hi u,
Are u Vietnamese? Can u help me fix it :(

Hi @JayMonkey,
I got values MLB/ROM from real Mac (I signed in my apple id) but I cannot use on my hackintosh (smbios imac12,2). Can u help me? Thx for ur help :(:(
Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 10.16.00 PM.jpg
1.jpg

Attachments

• config.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 130
Messages and FaceTime went down and Went through all recommended steps. Forced a change to the ROM and MLB. Finally got the Customer Code to come up with call Apple Support for further Assistance. After making sure my Serial number was good I called them up and it was taken care of in under 3 minutes with no questions asked other then taking me through the system preferences and making sure my date and time were correct along with the timezone settings.

Very interesting. I also was logged out of iMessage and was given the customer code and the prompt to call support. I haven't called them yet but suspect all will be fine after I call. Interesting it's affecting both of us. I wonder if there are any others that have been affected?

Messages and FaceTime went down and Went through all recommended steps. Forced a change to the ROM and MLB. Finally got the Customer Code to come up with call Apple Support for further Assistance. After making sure my Serial number was good I called them up and it was taken care of in under 3 minutes with no questions asked other then taking me through the system preferences and making sure my date and time were correct along with the timezone settings.

Called Apple today and got my Messages and Facetime working! I gave them my parents MacMini serial to get past that part. Looks like all is good now, hopefully it will continue.

One last question. I went through the process outlined in the beginning of this guide and now I do not have any of my old messages. Can I restore them from a Time Machine back up? What file or folder should I be restoring for that to work?

Thanks jaymonkey for this great guide and all your hard work.

Can I restore them from a Time Machine back up? What file or folder should I be restoring for that to work?

@pkdesign,

Glad you up and running, Messages used to be stored in the iCloud but i think changed that recently, you could try restoring the messages folder form /users/name/library/messages which should have the local copies ... I've not tried it as don't really ever need old msgs .... let me know if it works.

Cheers
Jay

Back