Contribute
Register
I am using Chimera 2.2.1 with the FileNVRAM 1.1.2. Do You think I should use the Chimera 3.0.1 instead?

@tommo84,

If your using OSX 10.9.2 or later then i would definitely try updating your boot-loader and FileNVRAM its all covered in detail in the guide. Be sure to use the correct System Type SMBIOS and make sure your S/N is correct - See Step 3 for more info.

Cheers
Jay

GA-Z77N-WIFI is another board (might have been mentioned on previous pages, did not read the whole lot) that has SId Bug

SystemId' is set to a default (non-unique) UUID "00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009" with ALL options set to Legacy in BIOS

No matter what I try, nvram entry

4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM:

gets reset on each & every reboot to something different each time.

FileNVRAM 1.1.3 is used with Chimera 3.0.1 & <key>SMsystemuuid</key> entry in Smbios.plist

I must have "locked" my real MAC address xxxxxxxxxxxx somewhere on Apple servers, because if I use it

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=xxxxxxxxxxxx

and try to connect to iMessage I get registration error.

After reboot (with random ROM value re-generated - HOW?) I get instead:

Your Apple ID can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.

So no iMessage or Facetime working

Spoke to Apple UK support (with no resolution, as they have no idea really)

sebus

@McMighty,
As detailed in the guide I strongly advise against using cloned Apple Device ID's,

True and i don't want to clone somebodys serial. Thats why i stopped this call. I don't want to harm somebody.

But: you need a serial to pass the automatic part of the phone call. I don't know how it is in the US, but here they ask for a serial immediately. And i thought i just could pass this part with a real serial and then continue with the lock at my AppleID. But, no chance.

And now i'm a bit afraid to generate a serial and repeat the phone call. Apple can see, that the AppleID now has a new serial...

GA-Z77N-WIFI is another board (might have been mentioned on previous pages, did not read the whole lot) that has SId Bug

SystemId' is set to a default (non-unique) UUID "00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009" with ALL options set to Legacy in BIOS

@sebus,

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi is already in the confirmed SId bug Motherboard list in Part 2, but thanks for confirming your hardware.

No matter what I try, nvram entry

4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM:

gets reset on each & every reboot to something different each time

If the MLB & ROM values are not persistent between reboots then the mechanism between the boot-loader and FileNVRAM is not working correctly. Try the fixes detailed in Step 5d:-

If you are having issues with either MLB or ROM value its possible that your BIOS is using UEFI for booting, if you have the option available and are not running windows 8 in UEFI mode then disable all the UEFI options in the BIOS (use legacy boot options) apply step 4 again and reboot.

Another theory is that Chimera / Chameleon has issues with FileNVRAM if too many dylib files are in the modules folder, you could try removing some or all of the other dylib files and see if that helps.

It has also been reported that ACPICodec.dylib can cause problems with FileNVRAM, if it exists in your modules folder and you having issues with nvram values staying persistent between reboots try removing it.

Until you can get FileNVRAM working correctly then you wont be able to use iMessage. If non of the above works then you could try using Clover as your boot-loader, although more complex to setup initially than Chimera it does offer the facility to directly inject ROM & MLB at boot time. Please see the Clover specific instructions in Step 5d.

Let me know how you get on
Cheers
Jay

True and i don't want to clone somebodys serial. Thats why i stopped this call. I don't want to harm somebody.

But: you need a serial to pass the automatic part of the phone call. I don't know how it is in the US, but here they ask for a serial immediately.

@McMighty,

I think its safe if you quote the OSX S/N in you SMBIOS (generated by Chameleon Wizard) make sure its 12 digits, if your using Mac Pro 3,1 then you may find that the S/N is 11 digits, i don't why this is. Try using MAC Tracker and find the nearest CPU/Intel Chipset Gen to your hardware, don't worry about video. I tend to use iMac 13,1 for x77 based systems and iMac 14,2 for x87 based systems...

The S/N will not be registered with Apple so most users say that its a second user system ... etc although the Apple Rep may get confused just play dumb, stress that its a Software Issue, keep quoting the iMessage error with the customer code.

Cheers
Jay

I also had the same issue today. What I did to fix it was to run the latest version of MB and changing my computer definition from 3,1 to 6,1. After the reboot, my computer has a new serial number and able to sign in to imessage, facetime and icloud.

I also had the same issue today. What I did to fix it was to run the latest version of MB and changing my computer definition from 3,1 to 6,1. After the reboot, my computer has a new serial number and able to sign in to imessage, facetime and icloud.

@wimpy10,

Thanks for your feedback, i recommend using 6,1 for x79 and x89 or later intel based systems, not sure why Mac Pro 3,1 generates a 11 digit S/N but this now seems to cause issues with iMessage on later generation Intel CPU/Mobo systems.

I've updated Part-1, Step 3 of the guide with this info and added my recommended SMBIOS / System Type settings.

Cheers
Jay

Hi jaymonkey,

I am having an issue with iMessage/face time since yesterday evening...
For a reason I can't explain I was using FaceTime when all of a sudden it asked me for my password, which I entered but nothing happened. Today I wanted to send a msg from the hack and I was signed out of iMessage, when I tried to sign in I got the the dreadful message: your Apple ID cannot be used to setup iMessage at this time. ... To use this Apple ID with iMessage,contact iMessage with the code below.

I followed your guide to the letter and as I mentionned to you earlier in this thread I enabled iMessages maybe 3 times in total due to change of disk or format.

I use the same ID for my iPhone and iPad and fortunately everything still works on these devices.

Could you help me to figure out what went wrong and what action I could try to take in order to resolve this? Thanks a lot :)

Finally, after updating to chimera 3 and changing my system to an Imac 13,1, I was able to have the correct nvram.xxxxxxx.plist file! thanks a lot.

Now I have the message from apple with an error code...so I will call tomorrow applecare and fix the problem!

thanks a lot

Tommo

Back