Contribute
Register
THANKS FOR THIS GUIDE!!!

(sorry for the caps, but I'm so happy!) :D

System: GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0.
GFX: Radeon R9 290X
Version OS X: 10.9.4.

There's still one thing: iCloud wasn't working and I fixed it with a new serial / UUID combo (I'm on Clover btw). iMessage is still saying that it cannot activate (an error occurred during activation). I have been active in the Hackintosh for a while now (also changed serials quite a bit). I do have an iPhone, but logging out there and back in doesn't seem to make a difference. I injected MLB and ROM as advertised, but no go :(

Is my account blocked from using iMessage? I have another hack which shows me a customer code (I don't have a credit card, so can't connect them).

Help please (if somebody still has some ideas).

Thanks for the guide, it really gives a good insight in how Apple does things (I knew everything else, except for the UUID thingy) :).

Thanks!

P.S. Sometimes I can 'sign in', that means, I get to see my phone number and mail addresses for a few seconds in the Preferences -> Accounts pane of iMessage and after that it gets back to the sign in page, telling me the same error as listed above. Really weird stuff.

P.S.S: If I check nvram (with nvram -p in terminal) I only get to see my Mac's name. is this good or should there also be MLB and ROM variables? I don't have the nvram driver from Clover, maybe that's it?

why? if i use with chimera 2.2.1, i cant store brightness value.

it's work in chimera 3.0.1

there is user reported that on chimera 3.0.1 we can't modify nvram value, you can try it, but after reboot it come back with its own value

there is user reported that on chimera 3.0.1 we can't modify nvram value, you can try it, but after reboot it come back with its own value

okay i try again now

have you already get iMessage worked,
your account doesn't get blocked, but sometimes if we make new installation using clover, it generates new MLB for our hackintosh, thats make we cant sign in iMessage and get error during activation, and the only way to prevent it is by overriding this value in config.plist, and last thing you can't see your MLB and ROM with nvram -p on clover, but you can see it with this program (iMessage_debug)
btw you need inject these value on clover, MLB, ROM and SMUUID,

MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
ROM value =
UEZdNpmp
SmUUID value =
9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9

hope it will help you
My hackintosh uses iMac 12,2..What values (MLB, SmUUID, Rom) can I add on clover? thx for ur support.

just add those value as on picture

Not so good idea. Better to generate a new ones.

1. MLB: it's the Mac serial number, extended with 5 random symbols to 17 symbols total. Generate a new one for your system definition (using Chameleon Wizard or Clover Configurator) and add 5 random symbols at the end.
2. ROM: it's 8 (???) random symbols (small and capital letters and numbers), use your head.
3. SmUUID: open Terminal and issue uuidgen to generate a new, random UUID. The more times you issue it, the more random UUIDs you'll get.

Not so good idea. Better to generate a new ones.

1. MLB: it's the Mac serial number, extended with 5 random symbols to 17 symbols total. Generate a new one for your system definition (using Chameleon Wizard or Clover Configurator) and add 5 random symbols at the end.
2. ROM: it's 8 (???) random symbols (small and capital letters and numbers), use your head.
SmUUID: open Terminal and issue uuidgen to generate a new, random UUID. The more times you issue it, the more random UUIDs you'll get.

Thank you for the clarifications !
It should be put in the first post :)
(for the uuidgen I only do once. If I'd known what you recommend, I would have generate severals ;) But everything works great :))

then i hope you can login iMessage and my theory could be wrong :)

Thank you for the clarifications !
It should be put in the first post :)
(for the uuidgen I only do once. If I'd known what you recommend, I would have generate severals ;) But everything works great :))

@MilesTEG,

I do aim to add @Heryts nvram injection method to the guide at some point however i want to do further testing and see what feedback gets posted from other users who have tried it first.

I am still very apprehensive about using the same ROM & MLB values from a real MAC, with the changes Apple made to its backend servers such as iCloud packet encryption and checking for UUID & S/N miss-matches Its more important than ever to have unique values.

I see this nvram injection method as a work around for those users who after following the guide still can not get a new UUID to stick and work with iMessage for what ever reason ..... ideally i would like to find the real reason for that but it effects a very small percentage of iMessage users so its going to take time to nail the cause down.

Used in combination with newly generated values as stated by @philip_petev in post #771 is the obvious way forward, the methods used are the same as in the main guide.

There are known issues with both versions of FileNVRAM, V1.1.2 does not save some system values like brightness and volume settings where as V1.1.3 works well with Chimera 3.0.1 but can have issues with modifying NVRAM values via the terminal command after the initial plist generation.

Hopefully one day we'll get a version that works for everyone.

Please post feedback either way ...

Cheers
Jay

Back