Contribute
Register
Could I use a NVRAM plist file from another computer?

@muchmore,

Thats guaranteed to cause problems, almost all the info inside NVRAM is encrypted and references many ID's which are unique to your computer, thats the point and forms part of Apples security system ...

I used FileNVRAM and followed thee steps and it worked great. Rebooted, iMessage was working again.

BUT, I had no sound. I went into multi beast to install the proper audio drivers, rebooted, and now I get the red text all over again, but my sound is back. Any idea what's going on/what I should do to get both working?

@Sibi,

Could be to do with the number of '.dynlib' files you have in /Extra/modules, there have been reports that if there are more than three then Chimera has issues, the latest MB installs the HDAenabler in /Extra/modules ... which could explain why it stopped working when you installed the audio drivers ....try removing the keyboard dynlib file .... most people don't need it if using a standard keyboard.

Cheers
Jay

There are only 2 '.dynlib' files, but I could try deleting the keyboard one if you think that would help.

I redid the whole process, the sound is still working, but instead I get "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again." I feel as though I must have messed something up further while trying to fix it.

There are only 2 '.dynlib' files, but I could try deleting the keyboard one if you think that would help.

I redid the whole process, the sound is still working, but instead I get "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again." I feel as though I must have messed something up further while trying to fix it.

do you have nvram-smuuid.plist on extra folder
you try this on terminal

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=PF]6%99%a9

reboot
and make sure after reboot run nvram -p, if the value persist as above, you
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]should login iMessage without problem[/FONT]

do you have nvram-smuuid.plist on extra folder
you try this on terminal

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=PF]6%99%a9

reboot
and make sure after reboot run nvram -p, if the value persist as above, you
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]should login iMessage without problem[/FONT]

really thanks. it's good working.
i just add files to FileNVRAM,Keylayout in module folder

Well my iMessage has not worked since 10.9.3 it was working great. Then stopped and always said the person was not registered with msg. So today i thought id try my onboard lan instead of my wifi card and WOW it worked. My wifi card was set correct en0 and so on. It was working great in 10.9.2 and for some reason stopped in 10.9.3 and above. So i am now on 10.9.4 and its working spot on :). Don't no why the wifi card stopped it i even did a fresh install and turned of my onboard lan in the bios. And wifi still ant working anymore. It was very strange has it let me sign in all the time but said the person was not registered with imsg. Anyway hope this may help some and if anyone can help me understand why the wifi card did work perfect for FaceTime and imsg for along time that would be great. iMessage is working now and my ethernet card is en3 lol i just checked strange.

It worked for me, once I put the SystemId into the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.
But now with the update to 10.9.4 and the Chimera version that comes with the new MultiBeast 6.3.1 package, its broken again. Any hints?

It worked for me, once I put the SystemId into the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.
But now with the update to 10.9.4 and the Chimera version that comes with the new MultiBeast 6.3.1 package, its broken again. Any hints?

change chimera to 2.2.1

Back