Contribute
Register
so… fresh install in the test drive and use the Magic UUID in the fresh install to place that into our current install?

i rather not do a fresh install to my current install at all, that's what i'm trying to see.
Also the above method is without having to call apple support at all?

@3square

Its not really a fresh install, all you doing is ensuring that your system has a unique identity ?

No need for clean install ... ?

@all

Main guide updated with more details on SID bug and link to How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 which i have also updated and tried to make a little clearer, i will make permeant in guide once i know its confirmed working for all cases.

Cheers
Jay

Hey,

sooo, I have managed to muck something up, somehow. I don't know what I did, but I think I put in the wrong numbers between the string and now my machine freezes on boot. I can't . What can I do to at least get back into OSX and fix my mistake? The attached image is of the log right be for it crashes when booted with -v -f. there is a bit after but i cant get an image as it crashes too soon.

thanks!

photo.jpg

Hey,

sooo, I have managed to muck something up, somehow. I don't know what I did, but I think I put in the wrong numbers between the string and now my machine freezes on boot. I can't . What can I do to at least get back into OSX and fix my mistake? The attached image is of the log right be for it crashes when booted with -v -f. there is a bit after but i cant get an image as it crashes too soon.

Try booting from USB UniBeast, quick and easy.

Cheers
Jay

Well Im not quite sure if i done something wrong but i feel like i followed in How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 to a T and still get the red contact with the x.contact is not registered with apple error when trying to send. Seems to login ok, just cant sent or receive.

But i dont get the prompt to re-sign in to icloud or imessage upon reboot so maybe i did do something wrong??

Well Im not quite sure if i done something wrong but i feel like i followed in How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 to a T and still get the red contact with the x.contact is not registered with apple error when trying to send. Seems to login ok, just cant sent or receive.

But i dont get the prompt to re-sign in to icloud or imessage upon reboot so maybe i did do something wrong??

use IORegistryExplorer - IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id and check if that number is the same as the one you generated. That seems to be my problem right now.

use IORegistryExplorer - IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id and check if that number is the same as the one you generated. That seems to be my problem right now.
No it is not the same. How do i fix this?

in chameleon boot plist is your SystemId? note the uppercase… it matters.

if not, then i have no idea. i'm having the same problem too.

When you say "boot plist" i assume you mean org.chameleon.Boot.plist? If so then the SystemId is the one i generated. And i tried both with the default lowercase id it generates and uppercase. Im currently using uppercase.

Back