Contribute
Register
i meant the word SystemId itself. but yeah we are having the same problem. What ever UUID we generated, even though we placed it in chameleon boot plist. That UUID isn't being use to set the SystemId. and since you check your IORegistryExplorer device tree, it doesn't show up there. it confirms it.

another way to confirm that your UUID in chameleon boot plist is correct is…. to check the boot.log file, at the end of that log file it should show that it did inject your generated UUID at boot.

what is the number that shows up in your IORegistry btw?

And by the way i own 3 iPad's, a macbook air and an iphone 5s. All using iMessage flawlessly. So i assume my appleid is not a problem.

@chaoticmayhem65 & @3square

I fear you guys maybe some of the few who are still suffering from a UUID issue despite applying the SID Bug fix.

Here's some ideas/thoughts - please provide feedback.

Since FileNVRAM relies on chameleon/chimera to pass it SystemId (gained automatically via BIOS or direct Injection), I'm thinking that it could be either an issue with the version of chameleon or chimera your using or something specific to the way you are using it ?

What version do you have, I'm using the latest version of Chimera from MultiBeast 6.2.1

Be sure you are using FileNVRAM V 1.1.2

You could try resetting the iMessage plist and config files as per the main guide - step 4, not sure if its necessary or not.

Last Resort

You could try changing the UUID in the filename of nvram.UUID.plist in /Extra to the value you set for SystemId.

I'm not sure you need to mess with the contents of nvram, i think its only important that the correct (SystemId) UUID is in the nvram.UUID.plist filename. I've checked on my systems and none of the keys within nvram.uuid.plist match the SystemId which is what i would expect.

If you want to take a look you can manage the contents of the nvram from terminal:

type 'nvram -x -p' and hit return to see a list of keys and values stored in nvram.
type 'nvarm -?' and hit return for a list of all nvram commands and command syntax.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

@chaoticmayhem65 & @3square

I fear you guys maybe some of the few who are still suffering from a UUID issue despite applying the SID Bug fix.

Here's some ideas/thoughts - please provide feedback.

Since FileNVRAM relies on chameleon/chimera to pass it SystemId (gained automatically via BIOS or direct Injection), I'm thinking that it could be either an issue with the version of chameleon or chimera your using or something specific to the way you are using it ?

What version do you have, I'm using the latest version of Chimera from MultiBeast 6.2.1

Be sure you are using FileNVRAM V 1.1.2

You could try resetting the iMessage plist and config files as per the main guide - step 4, not sure if its necessary or not.

Last Resort

You could try changing the UUID in the filename of nvram.UUID.plist in /Extra to the value you set for SystemId.

I'm not sure you need to mess with the contents of nvram, i think its only important that the correct (SystemId) UUID is in the nvram.UUID.plist filename. I've checked on my systems and none of the keys within nvram.uuid.plist match the SystemId which is what i would expect.

If you want to take a look you can manage the contents of the nvram from terminal:

type 'nvram -x -p' and hit return to see a list of keys and values stored in nvram.
type 'nvarm -?' and hit return for a list of all nvram commands and command syntax.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Well i was using the latest version of Chimera 2.2.1 but trying to fix this iMessage thing i downloaded Chameleon wizard and inadvertently updated it to Chameleon v2.2 r2377 i believe.

And i am using FileNVRAM 1.1.2. Downloaded it an manually placed it in the /StartupDrive/Extra/modules folder. That is an acceptable way of getting it there correct?

I tried Step-4: Remove old iMessage Setup data of the first page of your guide a couple times already with no luck.

And as for renaming the nvram.UUID.plist in /StartupDrive/Extra i've already tried it. Once i reboot and open the Extra folder i now have two nvram.UUID.plist files. The one i renamed with my generated SystemId is still there but FileNVRAM just generates a new one with the old UUID.

As for the command line step you suggested, I'm too much of a newb to be able to decipher what that would be telling me on my own.

The thing is i dont have any problem logging in to imessage. I just cant send or receive with the contact turning red issue.
And the strange thing is all my other devices see that ive logged into imessage because i get the infoumous "Email Addresses Added to XXX's Mac Pro" on all my iPads, iphone and MBA.

i meant the word SystemId itself. but yeah we are having the same problem. What ever UUID we generated, even though we placed it in chameleon boot plist. That UUID isn't being use to set the SystemId. and since you check your IORegistryExplorer device tree, it doesn't show up there. it confirms it.

another way to confirm that your UUID in chameleon boot plist is correct is…. to check the boot.log file, at the end of that log file it should show that it did inject your generated UUID at boot.

what is the number that shows up in your IORegistry btw?

Sorry for the newb question, but where is the boot.log located?
And the system-id number that shows up in IORegistry is a total of 32 numbers in pairs of two with a space dividing each pair of two. Its all numbers and no letters.

Sorry for the newb question, but where is the boot.log located?
And the system-id number that shows up in IORegistry is a total of 32 numbers in pairs of two with a space dividing each pair of two. Its all numbers and no letters.
chaoticmayhem65
Have you tryid to do what i did (post#406) ?
Before i did that i also had a total of 32 numbers (no letters) in pairs of two with a space dividing each pair of two in ioreg
You not only have to rename the nvram.plist to what your Hardware-uuid is in system profiler

Skærmbillede 2014-04-16 kl. 05.04.45.png

You have to open it with Textwrangler and edit this:

Skærmbillede 2014-04-16 kl. 05.33.28.png

After i did that my ioreg

Skærmbillede 2014-04-16 kl. 05.51.25.png

chaoticmayhem65
Before i did that i also had a total of 32 numbers (no letters) in pairs of two with a space dividing each pair of two in ioreg
You not only have to rename the nvram.plist to what your Hardware-uuid is in system profiler

View attachment 89676

View attachment 89675

View attachment 89677

No i didnt do that.
So i just rename the nvram.plist to match my hardware uuid in system profiler and also open the nvram.plist with text wrangler and use the same uuid as found in system profiler? What about the random uuid i manually placed in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to begin with?

No i didnt do that.
So i just rename the nvram.plist to match my hardware uuid in system profiler and also open the nvram.plist with text wrangler and use the same uuid as found in system profiler? What about the random uuid i manually placed in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to begin with?
No No No
In Textwrangler you have to use the values from the random created/equal to the values in SystemId/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

chaoticmayhem65

View attachment 89676

View attachment 89675

View attachment 89677

just did that, NVRAM override it with it's own on restart.

- - - Updated - - -

No i didnt do that.

just try this as well, NVRAM recreate a new one with the default UUID nvram.00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009

If you get the error with the Customer Suport code, then go ahead and tell them to activate iMessage for that device.

i've been trying to get imessage to show that customer service code. unable to. my imessage let me log in fine all the time. can you clarify the steps to get that to show? please?

Back