Contribute
Register
Did some of your user profile preference settings get reset to default ?

Hardware ID is generated by System ID so it will change on next reboot but it will still fix iMessage

however

Hardware ID is used to generate the User UUID which is used as a index for some OSX user preferences settings.

Cheers
Jay

all my settings is the same.

Working with UEFI Clover
89443-schermata-2014-04-14-alle-00-10-42.jpg
but not with Chameleon
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>2560x1440x32</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>SystemId</key>
	<string>55ADE930-5FDF-5EC4-8429-15640684C489</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Now the Hardware UUID and Platform UUID are different from 55ADE930-5FDF-5EC4-8429-15640684C489. They both are the same, though
89445-schermata-2014-04-14-alle-00-11-26.png

89444-schermata-2014-04-14-alle-00-11-11.png

Once it was obvious that this was affecting everyone with UP5-TH motherboards (which I own) and not other boards...
This is not just about UP5-TH. I have ASRock Z87E ITX. Good job, anyway! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
@all

I've just checked all six of my hacks, in all cases the Hardware UUID in System Profiler is the same as IOPlatform UUID (ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID)

2 x GA-H77N-WiFi
2 x GA-Z77-UD5H
1 x GA-H87N-WiFi
1 X Sony Monkey Book (HM67)

I've not encountered the SystemId iMessage issue myself on any of my hacks, iMessage has always worked for me.

So it looks possible that on certain mobo's the BIOS is not setting SystemId correctly ...

SystemId is used to generate hardware and platform UUID or maybe they are the same thing and Apple have just got it named different in System Profiler ?

Either way if SystemId is used as a key to generate the hardware and platform UUID, then if its not set right by the BIOS then the number generated by OSX could be invalid ?, as rcork pointed out, his nvram.xxx.plist had a generic UUID.

If this is the case then anybody who apples the fix should delete the existing nvram.xxxxx.plist so that a new one is generated on the next reboot, using the new SystemId/UUID

would make sense .... maybe ?

@rcork - any thoughts ?

Cheers
Jay

How about we call this issue the SID Bug ?

SystemID bug

@all

I've just checked all six of my hacks, in all cases the Hardware UUID in System Profiler is the same as IOPlatform UUID (ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID)

2 x GA-H77N-WiFi
2 x GA-Z77-UD5H
1 x GA-H87N-WiFi
1 X Sony Monkey Book (HM67)

I've not encountered the SystemID iMessage issue iMessage has always worked for me.

So it looks possible that on certain mobo's the BIOS is not setting SystemID correctly

System ID is used to generate hardware and platform UUID or maybe they are the same thing and Apple have just got it named different in System Profiler ?

Either way if SystemID is used as a key to generate the value, if its not set right by the BIOS then the number generated by OSX could be invalid ?

would make sense .... maybe ?

@rcork - any thoughts ?

Cheers
Jay

How about we call this issue the SID Bug ?

SystemID bug

That was my thinking as well. I knew the UP5-TH did not have a SystemID in the bios, hence the generic nvram plist file naming. Once i set it, iMessage starting working again.

Hi guys, I'm confused, while I got it working, i decided to reboot to see if hardware UUID changed in system profiler and it did. I decided to go into terminal and enter

ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID

as per rcorks instructions, but that too has changed to match the hardware UUID in system profiler.

It appears that on reboot both seem to change and match each other?
My iMessage still works even if the number entered in my plist is currently different though...

My theory is it does not matter if the the UUID/System/Platform number changes on every boot. As long as you use the one at the time of registration with Apple servers it will remain 'live' until you sign out of iMessage and in again.

so... my hardwareUUID and my platformUUID are the same. i am logged in, that's the same as registration with apple server?

still not working no my ends. can you advise anything else please?

@all

I found this post by one of the chameleon developers/testers which I think is connected to part of this issue

In a nut shell

"Chameleon's automatic System ID injection (and its manual override) doesn't work for everybody, it's a rare occurence but you're not the first person to report this issue.

Also apparently some PCs have their UUID set as all zeros from the factory. I don't know what Chameleon does with that.

Use this page to generate a random UUID for your override.

Another important thing to remember is that the "Hardware UUID" that you see in System Profiler is generated from the "System ID" you set, or the System ID Chameleon sets for you automatically. They are not and will never be identical"

SystemID must be unique - if the fix hasn't worked for you try using the above to generate a random UUID to use as your SystemID

Cheers
Jay

@all

I found this post which could be connected to this (or part of) issue

In a nut shell

SystemID must be unique - if the fix hasn't worked for you try using the above to generate a random UUID to use as your SystemID

Cheers
Jay

thanks, just try it. not working either.

i create a random UUID from the link, use that as my systemId in chameleon plist. reboot, my hardware/platform ID still unchanged.

thanks, just try it. not working either.

i create a random UUID from the link, use that as my systemId in chameleon plist. reboot, my hardware/platform ID still unchanged.
Can you post your chameleon boot list file

On my machine the hardware UUID and the system UUID were the same.

Plugged that number into chameleon.boot.plist, rebooted and all is well, imessage works good (for some reason no sound when I send messages but that is minor) Works fine. The system has a new UUID now (under profile)...and the hardware UUID matches the new number in terminal if I use the command posted.

Thanks guys!!! :)

Back