Contribute
Register
Worked like a dream!:clap:

Jay, many thanks, that worked on Mavericks great! My confusion was that I used 1.1.3 driver first (reading too fast), but it made me to check my ML install and there I found the file with a different size. It turns out it's the same file as in modules attachment and it worked!

Also, appreciate to pointing me out on BSD names, my Ethernet was en1, which I didn't like and fixed that by moving /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration away and reboot. That didn't fix the issue with iMessage. But as I said the file FileNVRAM did. Thank you again!

Thanks for the quick fix

Just wanted to throw this out there for people that are having problems with iMessage and FaceTime still. I just off a two hour phone call with apple support and finally got iMessage working on my Mavericks customac.

After trying every fix I have found and having no results it turned out to be something simple. It turns out that apple has two different types of apple ID accounts. A fully registered account which was registered and activated from a genuine macintosh and ones that are registered through iTunes or iCloud which they call "Light" accounts.

Light accounts do not have a valid apple serial number associated with them as you don't need to own an apple product to use iCloud, or iTunes as was explained to me. And therefore are automatically blocked from using iMessage. Although they can still be used for app store, iCloud, iTunes they are not authorized for use with FaceTime or iMessage.

Since I originally registered my apple ID for iTunes purchases it was considered a light account. When I migrated over to an actual Mac I just used my original apple ID but never used ichat or iMessage as I didn't have an iPhone at the time.

THE FIX:
Link your current apple ID to an iCloud mail account. use the "Your user name [email protected]" as your iMessage ID with your normal apple ID password.

This allowed me to login and have both my standard apple ID email address as well as my iCloud email address and my iPhone number function with iMessage and FaceTime!

Hope this helps some of you folks getting the please contact iMessage support issue!

THE FIX:
Link your current apple ID to an iCloud mail account. use the "Your user name [email protected]" as your iMessage ID with your normal apple ID password.

This allowed me to login and have both my standard apple ID email address as well as my iCloud email address and my iPhone number function with iMessage and FaceTime!

Hope this helps some of you folks getting the please contact iMessage support issue!

Thanks ... this works with your @me.com email as well!

Chris

Thanks tons. Worked for me after deleting the prefs/caches, logging out of iMessage on another Mac, and restarting.

BTW, I couldn't see whether the en(0) issue had been resolved in replies.

I had a problem signing into the Mac App Store, although I got iTunes running pretty quickly. I checked, and somehow I had a en(1) but no en(0). My mobo, a GA-Z87X-UD5H, has two ethernet ports and I was using one. No wifi card.

I unplugged the ethernet cable, deleted networkinterfaces.plist, and then went into the Network pref pane and deleted the existing ethernet connection. Then I restarted, and inserted the ethernet cable. Then added a new ethernet connection. And when I checked it indeed had en(0), and I was able to get the Mac App Store working properly (I seem to recall I had to reenter some info, but nothing drastic). Since then iTunes runs fine, and using this guide (thanks again) Messages works as well.

Rob

Ugh... I dont understand, everything was working fine!, now iMessage nothing (10.8.5)... iCloud, iTunes, App Store, everything works, BUT iMessage. I have read everything, tried it all, nothing. I even booted my backup, and that too would NOT work. I booted into my Mavericks drive, that to o would not work. I wonder if a Flash update changed something, or something else, so frustrating. Thanks anyways for this concise post.

Back