Contribute
Register
The "FileNVRAM-1.1.3" definitely DID NOT work for me, on a GA-EX58-UD3R MB (running on ML 10.8.5). However, once I replaced it with the FileNVRAM.dylib with the version 1.1.2 from "FileNVRAM-1.1.2.zip", that was my final successful attempt. I know I'm just re-iterating, the original post, but placing "emphasis" here on how important it is to avoid that 1.1.3 version (unless that's your last resort). I've NOT attempted Mavericks, so maybe 1.1.3 works for Mavericks (but only surmising here, as to that what that version's purpose or existence is useful for...besides a great waste of time).

Before I ran across jaymonkey's post, which was very helpful, I had spent most of my Thanksgiving Holiday on trial/error attempts via information strewn all over the web about iMessage problems and solutions. jaymonkey's posting, out of hundred's of so called "solutions", is what immediately worked. Particularly, for my hack, coming from being upgrades going all the way back to 10.6.8, I probably had a lot antiquated digital polution, hanging around the system. So following jaymonkey's "Step 3" I think was pretty important. After doing those deletions, I firing Message.app back up, it hung on login, so I killed it, and 2nd time around it had recreated all those files again, with the successful ingredients needed to get a login.

Here's big Kudo to you, jaymonkey, and also the developers who gave us FileNVRAM.dylib as well as the Chameleon support for iMessage. (and of course the pioneers doing the Clover EFI boot-loader...whom worked out initial problems with iMessage).

I just wanted to show my appreciation! This fix with the original "FileNVRAM.dylib" from the "Modules.zip" fixed my iMessage.

Alienware m14x R2

i7 3820QM
16 GB RAM
256 mSata SSD
750 GB hybrid SSD/HDD
Intel HD 4000/Nvidia GT 650m

Dual Booting OS X Mavericks Retail (primary) and Windows 7 (secondary)

Working:
Audio = VoodooHDA-v2.8.2.x64.ML.pkg
Built in Ethernet = Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Intel HD4000 w/1024 MB full QE/CI 1600x900 (Haven't Tried HDMI or miniD out yet)
Trackpad (with limited gestures) 2 Finger scrolling
CD/DVD
USB 2.0 not sure about USB 3.0, but all ports work.

Not working:
Nvidia GT 650m (most likely will never work)
wifi/bluetooth
VGA Out

Almost Fully Functional thanks to Mavericks and the Hackintosh Community! Didn't have much luck with ML, L, or SL.

UPDATE:

So this is a good thing! I just got home and wanted to figure out how I'm going to get iMessage to work with a USB WIFI Dongle, specifically my USB Zonet ZEW2546 which is powered by Realtek. Before I started searching around the forums and Google again (emphasis on again), I said what the heck. Plugged in the adapter and lo and behold iMessage still works!! The BSD name shows my RTL8191S WLAN Adapter as "en2"!? Not sure how it's still working with this setup but wanted to report back my findings.

Success!!!
Worked for me using Mavericks
Thanks,
RC :thumbup:

So this is a good thing! I just got home and wanted to figure out how I'm going to get iMessage to work with a USB WIFI Dongle, specifically my USB Zonet ZEW2546 which is powered by Realtek. Before I started searching around the forums and Google again (emphasis on again), I said what the heck. Plugged in the adapter and lo and behold iMessage still works!! The BSD name shows my RTL8191S WLAN Adapter as "en2"!? Not sure how it's still working with this setup but wanted to report back my findings.

Hi

Glad the guide helped you out.....

I believe that if your internet connection is via ethernet it must be en0 or en1, wifi and usb network adapters can be other values. I think this is the case but it is an assumption that i've come to based on my findings, I could be completely wrong.

Whilst the main guide seems to work for the majority of users, some are still having problems but thanks to other members we are slowly figuring things out. It would seem that this area of OSX is the most flakey when it comes to hackingtosh systems. Thanks to everyone for posting their findings and solutions for when the main guide hasn't worked.

Cheers
Jay

I had to try this a couple times but for some reason its working now. Thanks alot!

Fixed it, thank You!

EDIT nevermind fixed please delete.

I tried everything here without luck on my Mavericks upgrade. What previously worked with Mountain Lion was not being recognized in Mavericks.

Luckily, the tip in this post worked. :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/117896-new-messages-fix.html

I imagine its only really viable for when there have been changes in the serial number(s) between the ML and Mavericks operating systems. I'm not sure offhand if a new serial number is given with how Multibeast works or not. This was the case for me, as I was able to pull up the old ML file from a Time Machine backup and compare it to the current one. I pasted the old SMBIOS file pasted into Extras and all is well with the world. :) Well, the system has lost the ability to properly wake from sleep with Mavericks, but that is another issue for another thread. ;-)

Thank you for sharing all those helpful info. I couldn't have done it myself.

I've been following the guides listed in this thread as well as others. I've had so many <palm on the face>... I finally found the issue. My issue is none of the FileNVRAM.dylib (all three versions) created that nvram.***.plist after boot up. Well, somehow my credit card on file has the incorrect security code value. Once I fixed that, I rolled back to FileNVRAM version 1.1.1 (deleted 1.1.3/reboot/then add 1.1.1/reboot), finally I saw it created the plist file!!! I was able to finally log into iMessage and send a message without any issue.

There is some truth to making sure you have a credit card on file, as well as making sure it's valid info. Otherwise, it won't activate it from the server side.

Thank you. Both FileNVRAM 1.1.1 fix and a fix to my credit card are what I needed.

Now on to the flaky Bluetooth issue...

Hi man.

I did not understand what you mentioned by section 2, on both notes about Raid users?
Can you be a little more specific? Or tell me where can I find this information?

I am running a z87n, i7 3771, 2x ssd raid 0, asus gtx650ti.

Thanks in advance....

Back