Gq3489ugfi: eeace3073fb78669cd216266de0e286e38
Fyp98tpgj: 99ccbb3f6a0f46e39925fd83912fc6c1a7
kbjfrfpoJU: 56aab88cad3bbdcfa7ceea440490bf929a
oycqAZloTNDm: 5dc552204fd45f4e0eb2bff3475a16678b
abKPld1EcMni: 54734a5ffde8fd806a1309a1759d69d05d

I have this on my iMessage debug file but I'm still getting the "
An error occurred during activation. Try again."
message.
Followed the guide to the letter, even cleared out keychain log and activated 2 factor authentication.
Anyone has any idea what else I can try?
Thank you

This error can occur when your ethernet connection is not registered as en0. See the attached example on how the configuration should appear, then search the forums on how to edit and correct. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 15.24.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 15.24.10.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 130
How do you do that in hackintosh?

On your boot up screen you should have also a 'Recovery Partition' (unless you have it hidden) boot from that partition and choose to install Sierra from the menu - DO NOT FORMAT THE DISK - you will wipe the disk if you do. If you find difficulty in booting from the Recovery Partition, boot from your installation usb drive instead and choose the Recovery Partition, like I mentioned earlier - DO NOT FORMAT THE DISK - just install Sierra over your previous installation which will keep all your files intact but will repair Sierra if necessary. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll do it! I was wondering if in your case Imessage activated without you needing to contact apple support ..? Another question the Imessage is running on your hackintosh high sierra ..?

After I used my id apple from my hackintosh on my iphone .. I can not activate Imessage on my hackintosh anymore .. am I using another id apple on my iphone ..? How to solve this?

This error can occur when your ethernet connection is not registered as en0. See the attached example on how the configuration should appear, then search the forums on how to edit and correct. Good luck.

Yes this is exactly how I have it set up. (see attached screenshot)
Any other ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 1.09.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 1.09.57 PM.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 125
Looking at your screenshot in your post it seems under 'IPv4 Address' is blank unless you omitted the data from the post, if you did not it means your Ethernet or wifi card is not broadcasting or asigned an IP address for iMessage to work. Have another look at my example how it should appear.

@softmatico - High Sierra has a bug in iMessage where you are locked out of your regular OS X installation if you have 'Two Step Verification' setup for iMessage, but to answer your question - yes I can logon to iMessage on High Sierra and I've been fortunate in all my builds never having to call Apple to get iMsg to work on any of them.

Last edited:
Clover entries in Bios may block Imessage activation ..? How to remove Clover entries in Bios ...? Another question update to Bios can activate Imessage ...?

I contacted apple and after telling them the error messages and customer support codes, they are now asking me to capture some data from my hackintosh, I already sent them some screenshots from about my mac.
Can I safely send them those files(which include loaded kexts and system info) or should I ignore it and be left out of iMessage?

I contacted apple and after telling them the error messages and customer support codes, they are now asking me to capture some data from my hackintosh, I already sent them some screenshots from about my mac.
Can I safely send them those files(which include loaded kexts and system info) or should I ignore it and be left out of iMessage?

That's a first! - sometimes they'll ask to screen share, never heard of them asking to send data so I really don't know on that score. Personally I would wait a couple of days and then call again hoping to get a more affable tech person.

Back