Contribute
Register
Long story short: I have 4 CustoMacs and I have been using the same serial numbers, apple ID for years for all of them. I had issues during that period Apple blocked iMessage and created all that fuss, however iMessage, except that period, worked perfectly on all rigs. Suddenly, on one of the rigs, after installing El Cap, iMessage refused to work consistently. I was able to log in, even receive messages from other devices - sometimes - however most of the time not able to send. When logging out from iMessage, "An error occurred during authentication" red message would pop up. I have lived with this one rig not having iMessage working until today when I decided to really get to the bottom of it. A note that I have followed the "How to fix iMessage" post numerous times, deleted files and folders, changing system definition, changing even Apple ID password and still didn't work.

Today, after another hour or so of tries and failures, I had the inspiration to use the iCloud.com ID to log in instead of my regular apple ID. And what a surprise: the stupid iMessage started to work again! I have not tried to use the me.com ID, it might work with that as well. To clarify, I am using my regular apple ID to log in everywhere except iMessage: iCloud, FaceTime (yes, it worked always), Apple Store, iTunes. It's just for iMessage I used iCloud.com.

That said, I don't think it's the primary account the issue. Otherwise I wouldn't expect iMessage to work on the the other 3 CustoMacs either. Something is about this rig (and the Apple server?) that just wants the iCloud.com account instead of the primary account. It goes w/o saying that the iCloud and primary account have the same password.

Perhaps this has been discussed somewhere in those over 593 pages but didn't have the patience to read them all :) Hopefully the above will help someone.

EDIT: Well, not so great news. After it worked one day, Mr. iMessage stopped working again. FaceTime still works, as expected. Got excited too soon :(

EDIT2: OK, I am officially puzzled and I am losing it, slowly, slowly. As of today, 27-Jul, the damn thing started working again. Using iMessage as we speak from that questionable rig. Let's see how long will last.

Last edited:
Odd.

I can sign into iMessage and FaceTime with my Apple ID and my wife's Apple ID. But if I try any of my kids Apple ID's, I get the contact customer support message. I can use my kid's Apple ID's on my real MacBook Pro, just not the hackintoshes.

I did call customer support one time and the representative was unable to resolve the issue.

Does this make sense?

I have a problem to fix iMessage, i can't verify the serial number generated by Clover configurator i've tried to shake the 2 variables unsuccessfully since yesterday, anyone has a solution? The message of Apple's website is: "we're sorry but this serial number is not valid."

I have a problem to fix iMessage, i can't verify the serial number generated by Clover configurator i've tried to shake the 2 variables unsuccessfully since yesterday, anyone has a solution? The message of Apple's website is: "we're sorry but this serial number is not valid."

Actually that is the exact response - ("we're sorry but this serial number is not valid.") you should get, it means you're not using a cloned or an actual s/n issued to a real Mac and that one is probably unique to your setup. Hope this info helped.

Actually that is the exact response - ("we're sorry but this serial number is not valid.") you should get, it means you're not using a cloned or an actual s/n issued to a real Mac and that one is probably unique to your setup. Hope this info helped.
Does that mean i can continue through the steps and fix my imessage?

Yes that is exactly it and good luck, report back with your success or failure, if failure we'll try and help you get it working.
Hi again, it worked i can send messages and make calls but i want to synchronize the conversations i had on my iPhone on my Hackintosh, i think this is caused by my iMessage app on OS X 10.11.6 notifying me that i'm offline :/

Sorry for my english i'm not used to talk in this language :oops:.

Hi again, it worked i can send messages and make calls but i want to synchronize the conversations i had on my iPhone on my Hackintosh, i think this is caused by my iMessage app on OS X 10.11.6 notifying me that i'm offline :/

Sorry for my english i'm not used to talk in this language :oops:.

Are you logged into iMessage/F-Time on your Hackintosh? - If you are, see how to enable 'Continuity' on all your iSO devices (iPhone iPad etc etc) and your Hack. When this feature is enabled, your conversations will appear on all your devices.

When i am trying to check my S.L. number
"We're sorry, but this serial number is either invalid or it is for Apple software or accessories. If you are trying to add Apple hardware other than an accessory, please check your information and try again."

I am from India and talked to US support. After giving S.L. he asked where i purchased from. I said India. So he tried to find the SL. 3/4 times and after a long hold He said he not able to verify my S.L. so can't help. I have to call India support and Indian support number not working.

Any help? Should i say perched from US ?

Back