Contribute
Register
Is there any difference in the age of the various Apple IDs? With me, my account is much older than my wife's. Wondering if that somehow has anything to do with it.

yes the account for which iMessages does NOT work is about 3 years old, while the account that does work is about 8 years old.

an error occurred during activation.try again.
is there a fix for a imessage and facetime?el capitan 10.11.3

an error occurred during activation.try again.
is there a fix for a imessage and facetime?el capitan 10.11.3
Really? I mean, you're posting in a thread of about 547 pages and counting of fixes for Messages and Facetime. Read post 1 in its entirety. Read it again for good measure. Then follow it. Then post.

Unless you have a specific question after trying things already and I somehow missed that. Not trying to be a jerk here, but c'mon. The original post is extremely detailed and helpful.

I don't know for sure. It seems like some accounts are much more forgiving than others. I was speculating it had to do with whether or not you had ever logged in before they seemingly tightened controls, but maybe not. I, and others, have some accounts that will work on a system, but other accounts on the same system get customer codes that despite calling Apple seemingly can't be resolved.

Have you tried making a totally new iCloud account? Make a new user, and when you open Messages create a new account and see what happens.

That is interesting. I tried it with a newer account and it doesn't work. Is there any potential harm in using my working apple account? I mean, do I need to take any precautionary steps to prevent it from being deactivated or anything? My install of Clover was pretty standard... I just followed a few guides on the forum specific to my mobo.

That is interesting. I tried it with a newer account and it doesn't work. Is there any potential harm in using my working apple account? I mean, do I need to take any precautionary steps to prevent it from being deactivated or anything? My install of Clover was pretty standard... I just followed a few guides on the forum specific to my mobo.
I don't think so, but I honestly don't know. I'm in the same boat, my account works fine. And I have used the same procedure of generating Serial, Board Serial and a unique UUID on a Yosemite laptop that has been working fine for probably a year or so now, with no problems on my Messages there. So based on that limited information I suspect you'll be OK. But maybe at some point in time new accounts had to have more stringent controls on them. IDK. Did you get a customer code on the new account that you tried?

This matters enough that I bought a junker Mac mini off eBay for $30 that I think I can make run Mountain Lion with a little hackery. If I can get that to let my wife in, I'll just clone its MLB and ROM to my hack and hope that's the end of it.

I don't think so, but I honestly don't know. I'm in the same boat, my account works fine. And I have used the same procedure of generating Serial, Board Serial and a unique UUID on a Yosemite laptop that has been working fine for probably a year or so now, with no problems on my Messages there. So based on that limited information I suspect you'll be OK. But maybe at some point in time new accounts had to have more stringent controls on them. IDK. Did you get a customer code on the new account that you tried?

This matters enough that I bought a junker Mac mini off eBay for $30 that I think I can make run Mountain Lion with a little hackery. If I can get that to let my wife in, I'll just clone its MLB and ROM to my hack and hope that's the end of it.

Yeah, the new account gave me a customer code. I wonder if it has something do with the fact that I have signed into my working account on my Macbook Air? Maybe I'll try that out later with the new account. Or, as you've suggested, it could just have to do with the length of time I've had my working account. Either way, I'll probably just keep using the working account. Thanks for the responses. :D

Yeah, the new account gave me a customer code. I wonder if it has something do with the fact that I have signed into my working account on my Macbook Air? Maybe I'll try that out later with the new account. Or, as you've suggested, it could just have to do with the length of time I've had my working account. Either way, I'll probably just keep using the working account. Thanks for the responses. :D
I strongly suspect it will make no difference. I made a new account on a real Mac, no problems of course. Then tried it on my Hack and got customer codes. But you should try, recreate the experiment.

Download a program called MACTracker from the App Store and then you click on my Mac and you can find the system definition of what your system should be. Then Once your config is opened up in clover configurator you mount EFI after that you go to smbios page and click on the magic wand and match up whatever it said so if it said "iMac 14,2" then when you click on magic button you would click on the iMac picture then under definition choose 14,2 then where it has 2 boxes with shake next to them shake them a few times each and then click ok

Thank you jacopers, your post helped me point me in the right direction.
I managed to get iMessage, handoff and continuity working! :)

I had to Google around a bit and ended up following this guide as well.
I guess I'm very much a noob when it comes to this stuff :p but I am happy there's this forum. Definitely helped me a lot, and all the hard work of others in the past have made things so much easier these days to build a Hackintosh.

Hey, I actually got iMessage to work without a problem in a couple of really easy steps. But as soon as iMessage works I have no audio output devices anymore, hence no sound.
If I want to install the audio drivers afterwards, either via Multibeast or manually it says failed to install.
Any ideas?

Hey, I actually got iMessage to work without a problem in a couple of really easy steps. But as soon as iMessage works I have no audio output devices anymore, hence no sound. If I want to install the audio drivers afterwards, either via Multibeast or manually it says failed to install. Any ideas?
can you give me your easy steps on how to get work imessage?thanks in advance.

Back