Contribute
Register
@ ahmed_shiko - A successful iMessage and F/Time setup, the Interfaces should look like this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 01.08.20.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 01.08.20.png
    96 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 01.15.03.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 01.15.03.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 146
I went through that process but imessaegDebug still gave me the failed for both ROM and MLB. I'm having problem with the FileNVRAM.dylib. When I manually add this to my Extra/modules folder I can't boot up. Is it possible to run the sudo commands and not use the a NVRAM file? I currently don't have a NVRAM file on my computer, as far as I can tell.

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 8.41.36 PM.png

Hi - Your values has to remain constant at all times (between reboots) for iMessage/F-Time to work, any change in the values will induce disconnection and/or no connection to the iMsg/F-Time Services. Follow the GUIDE chapter 7.1 on how to inject you values manually without settling for the defaults settings of either Clover or Chimera its not that hard to do - again read the GUIDE.

Before you change anything remember to log out from iCloud, iTune also De-Authorise this mac, and the App Store. Another important practice, disconnect from internet until satisfied all values are constant between reboots.

After manually injecting the values, run iMessage DeBugger between a few reboots to insure the values or unchanged, if all is well, reconnect to the internet and you should be abled to log right in to iMsg/F-Time without the need to call Apple Unless there is a temporary block on your ID if that is the case, then you will have to put in that call to Apple with the code being thrown up - Good Luck.

That's what I'm saying. I manually injected ROM and MLB and they stay consistent every time I restart. I got the Customer Code when trying to sign into iMessage and it was consistent as well. I read the guide and it said if my ROM and MLB are consistent and my Customer Code is consistent, then I should call Apple and it would work, but it didn't. They tried to add my code multiple times. We deleted keychain passwords, deleted preference files. Rebooted. Repaired Disk Permissions.... Still no luck.

Any ideas?

@ kochfoto - Read and follow the instructions in CHAPTER: 3.3 and then CHAPTER:7.1

@johndavidwright - If your values are constant and you've already tried the help of the Apple Techs and you're still having problems, try this if you haven't already. Create a temporary Guest Account and try to log into iMsg and/or F/Time with your ID, see what happens and report back - Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RandomNumber,

The fact that you got that message on your iPhone is a good sign that things are starting to work, and that you hack is communicating correctly with Apples servers ... you will always receive these sorts of messages when a new Apple device is associated with your AppleID.

As long as the Customer Code remains consistent then iMessage should work once MLB & ROM have been added to Apples Database.

You may want to try the Alternate Rom method detailed at the Chapter 7.1 .... ever since Apple relaxed the enhanced MLB verification mid February many users have found that using the Alt Rom method bypasses the need to call Apple - it doesn't work for everyone - it seems to depend on the history of your AppleID but might be worth a go if your apprehensive about contacting Apple.

You would be much better posting that question on the Yosemite/Desktop/Clover sections of the site, hopefully someone with the same hardware will be able to help you. I see know reason why you should not be able to resolve those issues though ...

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay
I'm still struggling to get imessage to work, but I think I am very close. I need a little guidance. All values seem persistent, even the Apple code that comes up each time I try to log in. I think I have discovered a possible problem in need of a fix. My Board serial number from within imessageDebug is 16 characters long. If I've read the guide correctly my MacPro 5,1 with an 11 character serial number should have a 13 character Board serial number. Am I correct that the Board serial number is synonymous with MLB? In any event I have removed the last 3 characters from my Board serial number within Clover Configuator but imessageDebug still shows the same old 16 character Board serial number. How do I correct this?

I wonder if some of my issues are a product of the fact that I use Chimera to boot to my system in Mavericks as a MacPro 3,1 & I use Clover to boot into my Yosemite system as MacPro 5,1. Initially using this guide (before trying Clover) I used several of the Chimera guide suggestions (unsuccessfully) to try to log into imessage. BTW, the 16 character Board serial number is the same 16 character one no matter whether I boot to Mavs or Yosemite. I no longer try to log into Mavs/Chimera only the Clover/Yosemite.

One other clarification. Each time I try and log in, I am presented with the message to "create an app specific id". I follow that procedure and after providing a code sent to my phone, I get the specific imessage/facetime app specific id. It is a bit unclear exactly what I'm to do with that. I have tried to use it in place of my usual Apple ID, and naturally it leads me to the Call Apple support with the persistent code message. However, assuming I ever do get past that point, does that app specific id become my new Apple id or is it just a one time use? Thanks.

@esafeddie
I went in and performed the clean up suggested in 3.3 and after some careful reading in 6.1 it looks as though there is no stable FileNVRAM.dylib for Chimera/Chameleon and Yosemite. I can not tell if this has been resolved yet. The last post is from 01/2015. Another issue possibly is that I do not have a FileNVRAM.kext file in my system/library/extensions folder.

After running the nvram -x -p command in terminal i got 4 <key> lines LocationServicesEnabled <data> AQ==, SystemAudioVolume <data> MA==, SystemAudioVolumeDB <data> 8A==, fmm-computer-name <data> is a alphanumeric numbers

I read the post FileNVRAM Modded for Yosemite
Fix iMessage using Chameleon/Chimera
but without the FileNVRAM.kext file I'm not sure how to proceed.

Should I try moving over to Clover? This is my first hackintosh so I went with the easy method, maybe it's a dead-end trying to get this combination to work.
cheers,

@esafeddie
I went in and performed the clean up suggested in 3.3 and after some careful reading in 6.1 it looks as though there is no stable FileNVRAM.dylib for Chimera/Chameleon and Yosemite. I can not tell if this has been resolved yet. The last post is from 01/2015. Another issue possibly is that I do not have a FileNVRAM.kext file in my system/library/extensions folder.

After running the nvram -x -p command in terminal i got 4 <key> lines LocationServicesEnabled <data> AQ==, SystemAudioVolume <data> MA==, SystemAudioVolumeDB <data> 8A==, fmm-computer-name <data> is a alphanumeric numbers

I read the post FileNVRAM Modded for Yosemite
Fix iMessage using Chameleon/Chimera
but without the FileNVRAM.kext file I'm not sure how to proceed.

Should I try moving over to Clover? This is my first hackintosh so I went with the easy method, maybe it's a dead-end trying to get this combination to work.
cheers,

Jay advocates Clover is the way to go and it really is!!! - Its not as difficult as people thinks, you should consider changing over to Clover to have a greater chance to get a stable and trouble free iMessage and F/Time experience than a Chimera Install.

I moved over to Clover sometime ago and I would say, its definitely the best method by far and if you falter with the installation, there's plenty of help in the forum to put you on the right track. Good Luck.

This is an observation. Been running VMware Fusion and Parallels Desktop on 'real' Macs for years, dozens of OS X virtual machines created and used over the years. I have observed that I can log in to iCloud/iMessage on any of these VMs, using a multitude of different accounts, i.e. it DOES NOT have to be the same account used on the host. This have been very useful for families with only one Mac; for example, husband and wife can have their own separate iCloud accounts as primary, using one physical Mac (normally only one primary is allowed per physical Mac). Anyways, I think this is a key point, because it indicates that Fusion and PD are not simply cloning the host system; if that were the case then I would think a user would only be able to use the same account in the VM as is used on the 'real' host Mac.

Apple appears not have any issue identifying any of these VMs as 1) valid, UNIQUE identifiable Macs, 2) and allowing any AppleID to be used. This very moment, as I write this post, I have two virtual machines running, and of course my host 'real' Mac. I am logged into THREE different iCloud accounts simultaneously, each successfully synching Mail, Contacts, iMessage Support, etc.

I will leave to smarter minds to determine the significance of this, but my layman's view is that either by reverse engineering or assistance from Apple, hidden API's, or whatever, Fusion and PD and have resolved and understand what it takes to seamlessly allow MULTIPLE and ANY iCloud account to be used in any OS X virtual machine, on any host machine. Somehow these products are not only mimicking the necessary hardware 'profile' that Apple is looking for, but each VM is unique, not simply cloning the host.

In fact, I have found i can even run Fusion or PD on a hacintosh and successfully use iCloud/iMessage from within a VM on the hacintosh, even if the host hacintosh itself is not setup, or is having validation issues. That fact alone tells me Fusion and PD are resolving this issue independent of the host (which makes sense). Perhaps they are simply doing what has already been discussed here, their version of injection during boot loading etc, I don't know, i'm not a programmer. These products have also handled generating serials (valid ones), ROMS etc. all unique in each VM.

The smart people out there, if someone hasn't looked at this before, I think there may be something here that is very important. Figure out how Fusion and Parallels are accomplishing this so seamlessly, and it may prove useful in the hackintosh community.

I am currently running clover from a USB test drive. I'm going to run it like this for a day before I install it on my HD. When would be the time to start working on imessage? Can I do that now while booting from USB or should I wait until I have a stable install?
Thanks

This is an observation. Been running VMware Fusion and Parallels Desktop on 'real' Macs for years, dozens of OS X virtual machines created and used over the years. I have observed that I can log in to iCloud/iMessage on any of these VMs, using a multitude of different accounts, i.e. it DOES NOT have to be the same account used on the host.

I will leave to smarter minds to determine the significance of this, but my layman's view is that either by reverse engineering or assistance from Apple, hidden API's, or whatever, Fusion and PD and have resolved and understand what it takes to seamlessly allow MULTIPLE and ANY iCloud account to be used in any OS X virtual machine, on any host machine. Somehow these products are not only mimicking the necessary hardware 'profile' that Apple is looking for, but each VM is unique, not simply cloning the host.

@mcrinsane,

We looked into this last year, from memory i think it was with ElNono ... turns out VM Fusion is a special case, it basically tunnels/passes the VM ID's to the Host OS X, each VM machine creates a virtual set of ID's (check out the S/N !!) but they are mapped/translated to the Host's ID's in the outgoing & incoming iM packets.

At one point both myself and ElNono were looking into how this mechanism worked as a possible means to get iMessage working again, this was not long after the big bump in iMessage authentication mid last year, however since thats no longer an issue i haven't really looked into it any more since January - but it's still an interesting avenue to explore should things change in the future ...

Cheers
Jay

Back