Contribute
Register
So after seeing @iSam2kposts, I tried it and same thing, FaceTime working fully, but iMessage was not sending iMessages. I decided to restart my system, and upon restart and opening up iMessage I got a message to input a number on my iPhone for sms messages to be forwarded to my Hack, and now I am getting sms messages working without a problem, but still no iMessages.

If I a choose someone with an iPhone, it automatically defaults to sms.

FaceTime also still works, but I had the chipmunk voice going on, so I had to go into the Audio Midi setup and change the Logitech camera output from 16000 to 32000 to get rid of it.

Hey, better than nothing. I'll take it!

Proof that Back to Basics Works - With some time to kill and armed with my test drive, I decided to emulate the New iMac 15.1 - Retina 5K, 27 Inch, Late 2014 Model - (Mods/Admin please delete edit or remove if this post has infringe the Rules in anyway).

Considering that the new iMac 15.1 model is neither available in Clover or Chameleon, as yet as far as I know, I got hold of a Darwin Dump of a real 15.1 Model. After studying the serial number of a dozen others or so, I was abled to create one Unique to my Hack - At this stage please let me stress very strongly, absolutely no Cloned values what so ever were used in any of the Values created, With that said here goes -

1. Went on Apple's Self Help and entered the created Serial Number, came back as not registered and without an error, meaning the Format is OK.

2. Made a clean Clover install of Yosemite.

3. Off line I created my SmUUID in 'Terminal' (using the sixth one created just to insure its unique).

4. I used the last 12 characters of the SmUUID for my ROM - The serial number for the iMac 15.1, I added 5 random characters (53CFE6) to make it up to 17 characters for the MLB.

5. Ok slightly different here - In Clover Configurator -> 'SMBIOS' I entered all the new values without shaking the 'Magic Wand' otherwise it would over ride all my values for the iMac 15.1 model.

6. In Clover Configurator -> 'Rt Variables' I added the created ROM and MLB values.

7. Save the all entered values -> Repaired Disk Permissions -> Reboot.

8. Ran iMsg DeBugger between three reboots to insure values are static.

9. Logged straight into iMsg/F-Time, iCloud etc without the need to call Apple.

Foot Note - The only value I had to copy from the real iMac 15.1, was the BIOS Version as its different for this Model, apart from that everything else was Generated.

I have return to using my iMac 14.2, as I said earlier this was just a test (two fold in the end) because its pointless to use the new SMBIOS of the new iMac 15.1 as I would not see the benefits with my present Graphics Card and or Monitor.
Maybe with a future upgrade of my rig - at the moment, not so much.

THANK FOR POSTING THIS AND YOUR PREVIOUS MESSAGE!

After reading it, I did the same thing and I am exactly where you are.

I'll keep playing around with it and see where it gets me.

Thanks again!

I decided to brave updating my ROM and MLB values again after the first spectacular fail on that front. Update worked without a hitch using the MAC address of my ethernet card as the ROM value and S/N + 5 randoms as the MLB. However, this did not immediately appear to give iMessages any additional functionality.

I continued to find it strange that iMessages kept telling me known iPeople were not registered for iMessages. So, I tried a different approach. I identified a few known iPeople who were showing as not registered and messaged them from my phone. Immediately, the messages I sent from my phone showed on the hack and they now show as valid recipients in iMessages. Using this method, I appear to have the ability to text or iMessage both iPeople and non-iPeople if I send a message first from my phone (or iPad I'm assuming). I don't believe this workaround was functional before I updated my ROM and MLB values.

Scratch the above. I turned off text message forwarding from my iPhone to my hackintosh and then re-enabled it. It appears I may be fully functional at this point.

With lastest Chimera
The new security update 2015-003 did break imessage for me. I had to remove the FileNVRAM.dylib from module otherwise my hack would freeze while entering the desktop.

No ideas why :thumbdown: ?
MLB and ROM are now NULL and i'm not able to keep new ones persistent.

Proof that Back to Basics Works - With some time to kill and armed with my test drive, I decided to emulate the New iMac 15.1 - Retina 5K, 27 Inch, Late 2014 Model - I got hold of a Darwin Dump of a real 15.1 Model. After studying the serial number of a dozen others or so, I was abled to create one Unique to my Hack - At this stage please let me stress very strongly, absolutely no Cloned values what so ever were used in any of the Values created,.... Logged straight into iMsg/F-Time, iCloud etc without the need to call Apple.

@esafeddie,

Thanks for the feedback, it's very assuring to know that the tried and tested methods still work even when emulating the very latest iMac if only i could afford a 4K/5k monitor then i'd be there too ....

Cheers
Jay

With lastest Chimera..the new security update 2015-003 did break imessage for me. I had to remove the FileNVRAM.dylib from module otherwise my hack would freeze while entering the desktop.

@migouel,

I don't use FileNVRAM anymore but thanks for posting your feedback, if anyone else can confirm this then please post so we can warn others of the potential issue ... if it proves to be so then we'll look in into it further to try and help the software devs fix FileNVRAM.

MLB and ROM are now NULL and i'm not able to keep new ones persistent.

Without FileNVRAM or Clover NVRAM values will not be saved between reboots ... thus creating 'ghost' device's against your AppleID ... if you can try and stay logged out of any iCloud services until you find a fix.

Are you using the Nvidia Web Drivers ? .... the latest Apple OS X security updates have been proven to break the compatibility of these so this may be your issue ....

Have you looked at Clover yet ? ... if you can it is the way to go and is much more stable and not so suseptable to software and security updates such as this.

I'll update my earlier post with a warning for those using legacy-boot loader and FileNVRAM, please keep us updated on the issue ...

Cheers
Jay

@esafeddie,

Thanks for the feedback, it's very assuring to know that the tried and tested methods still work even when emulating the very latest iMac if only i could afford a 4K/5k monitor then i'd be there too ....

Cheers
Jay

You are welcome jay - Yea the affordability thing with the 4k/5k monitor, I echo your sentiments.

With lastest Chimera
The new security update 2015-003 did break imessage for me. I had to remove the FileNVRAM.dylib from module otherwise my hack would freeze while entering the desktop.

I have Chameleon v2.2svn r2463 (Chimera 4.0.1) and the FileNVRAM 1.1.4; and after the apply update 2015-003 everything keep working OK for me, no changes, IMessage and FT ,Ok.

I'm not able to setup VoicePass anywhere in my AppleID account. I've checked in the Phone Numbers and Personal Details areas of the AppleID site but I just don't see it as an option.

The phone numbers on my account are the ones that I'm going to call Apple from but I just can't seem to find any mention of VoicePass and how to set it on the AppleID pages.

I can generate a Temporary Support PIN though via the AppleID homepage > Personal Details > Passwords & Security. Then a button appears in the lower left corner saying 'Generate Temporary PIN'.

I decided to brave updating my ROM and MLB values again after the first spectacular fail on that front. Update worked without a hitch using the MAC address of my ethernet card as the ROM value and S/N + 5 randoms as the MLB. However, this did not immediately appear to give iMessages any additional functionality.

I continued to find it strange that iMessages kept telling me known iPeople were not registered for iMessages. So, I tried a different approach. I identified a few known iPeople who were showing as not registered and messaged them from my phone. Immediately, the messages I sent from my phone showed on the hack and they now show as valid recipients in iMessages. Using this method, I appear to have the ability to text or iMessage both iPeople and non-iPeople if I send a message first from my phone (or iPad I'm assuming). I don't believe this workaround was functional before I updated my ROM and MLB values.

Scratch the above. I turned off text message forwarding from my iPhone to my hackintosh and then re-enabled it. It appears I may be fully functional at this point.

So I tried your method, but for me it did not work. I think it may have to do something with my SMBios and MLB, etc.

If I iMessage another iPhone (my wife's) from my iPhone, the message does not appear on the Hack. But if I send it from the Hack, the sms message comes through on her iPhone as sms, and does show in my iPhone also as sms.

The other thing I noticed, is that I was gone for a few hours and had put the Hack to sleep before leaving. When I returned, it would not recognize the Logitech camera after waking up. I had to reboot it for the camera to be recognized by FaceTime again, and the image on FaceTime seem to have a lot of "noise", and I have to go and select the camera microphone again. It will automatically default back to Microphone (Pink Rear) since I'm using VooDooHDA.

Gotta keep working on this.

Thanks again!

Back