Contribute
Register
Latest OS X Security Update (2015-03)

@All,

Following the previous 2015-02 Security update in February Apple have released yet another Security Update for OS X Yosemite ....

I'm happy to report that iMessage is still working for me after applying the Latest Security Update on all my Hacks so you should be safe to install it. .... However please note that i'm booting via Clover (r3193) .....

Note: There have been a few posts from some legacy Boot-Loader users being effected by this update leaving their system unable to boot, however their are also posts from other users using the same boot configuration that have seen no problems .... I suggest you create a backup before installing it, just in case.

Warning: If you are using the Nvidia Web Drivers then installing the latest Apple Security updates may break the OS X version compatibility so you might want to check on the Nvidia web site before installing this update or wait for Nvidia to release an updated Web Driver, for the latest on this issue please see:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-2015-003-breaks-nvidia-web-driver-again.html

Cheers
Jay

Tried to fix iMessage and now I can't boot into Yosemite

I was following the guide got to a point where it said to reboot and now I can't boot. I just get a black screen and nothing getting me into my USB drive either. So if anyone can get me into Yosemite at least please cause I am done ever trying iMessage again.

Been putting this off for ages but finally got round to it.

I'm happy to announce I managed to do it!

For me, the hardest part was figuring out clover. I used a "test drive" (http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html) as a dry run to make sure it wouldn't kill my system. I then made all the necessary changes to clover on the USB and got iMessages working. I'm yet to install clover with all the necessary changes onto my main drive- that's the next step.

I had a problem after making a few tweaks, causing boot to hang on both USB clover and main drive Chimera for some reason. I resorted back to Chimera boot ignoring caches and then reinstalling multibeast and that fixed it. I put this down to me being relatively inexperienced and messing up some kexts somewhere.

It was fun trying to piece together an MLB from an S/N and visa versa!

I hope it continues to work.

I should also add that when I booted using my final set of S/N ROM and MLB and connected to the internet, I was immediately signed out of iCloud. I had to sign back in, and do all the authentication stuff for keychain. Worked after this.

Huge thanks to all the community who has worked on this!

I'm happy to announce I managed to do it!

For me, the hardest part was figuring out clover. I used a "test drive" (http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html) as a dry run to make sure it wouldn't kill my system. I then made all the necessary changes to clover on the USB and got iMessages working. I'm yet to install clover with all the necessary changes onto my main drive- that's the next step.

I had a problem after making a few tweaks, causing boot to hang on both USB clover and main drive Chimera for some reason. I resorted back to Chimera boot ignoring caches and then reinstalling multibeast and that fixed it. I put this down to me being relatively inexperienced and messing up some kexts somewhere.

It was fun trying to piece together an MLB from an S/N and visa versa!

I hope it continues to work.

@wilson wat changes u made to make it work !

@jay,@esafeddie i think m really close coz i can login then this !

3/22/15 6:11:35.363 PM identityservicesd[262]: [Warning] Broadcasting no devices for account IDSDAccount: 0x7fbc61638520 [Service: IDSDService: 0x7fbc6150cdd0 [Identifier: com.apple.private.alloy.idsremoteurlconnection Display Name: IDSRemoteURLConnection Topic: com.apple.private.alloy.idsremoteurlconnection Service: com.apple.private.alloy.idsremoteurlconnection Protocol: com.apple.private.alloy] Login: [email protected] UniqueID: 7063EFFB-D3EG-4C9C-A$02-FFANDLFJ8E9 Account Type: Apple ID Registration: (null) Registered: YES Linked Accounts: (null)] even though we have some

This alloy thing i dont know wats dat 4 !

I was following the guide got to a point where it said to reboot and now I can't boot. I just get a black screen and nothing getting me into my USB drive either. So if anyone can get me into Yosemite at least please cause I am done ever trying iMessage again.

@jmilone,

Sorry to read you've encountered problems .... the issue is most likely to do with your OS X configuration or boot-loader and nothing to do with iMessage itself. are you using Clover or Legacy based boot-loader ?

As with all things hackingtosh .. nothing is a guaranteed success there are just too many variables, the guide is written to inform and educate if you apply the knowledge you learn from the guide into your next build your more likely to have success.

Cheers
Jay

I'm happy to announce I managed to do it .... It was fun trying to piece together an MLB from an S/N and visa versa!...I hope it continues to work.

I should also add that when I booted using my final set of S/N ROM and MLB and connected to the internet, I was immediately signed out of iCloud. I had to sign back in, and do all the authentication stuff for keychain. Worked after this.

@wilsonwilko,

Thanks for posting your feed-back and good to read your having success, getting iMessage to work is really about understanding how to correctly configure low level ID's within the OS X system running on non-apple hardware. Once you understand all the OS X elements iMessage should work ... as long as Apple don't implement further checks against Hackingtosh systems.

Cheers
Jay

@ jmilone - I think your problem points to a BIOS reset somehow because even if you have a boot problem on your HDD it should not really affect your installation USB drive because you should be able to use that to Boot back into your Yosemite drive - Good Luck.

@wilson wat changes u made to make it work !

@jay,@esafeddie i think m really close coz i can login then this !

@siddsimac,

I really think you need to go back to basics and concentrate on your OS X & Boot-Loader configuration, do you have another drive you can do a clean install on ?, thats what i would do and create all new ID's including SmUUID, MLB, ROM & OS X S/N .... ensure your SMBIOS is correct and concentrate on configuring OS X os for your hardware. I'm not familiar with the 'E' series of Sony laptops but you may get a few tips from my Sony S Yosemite/Clover Guide (see signature for link)

Do not sign into any iCloud systems until your sure all looks correct (confirm using iMessage debug). Try initially with wired network rather than wifi and maybe use a temporary AppleID to begin with.

Try and use the guide as a source knowledge rather than step by step and apply that knowledge to your OS X builds, As long as OS X and your boot-loader is correctly configured iMessage and FT should work as long as Apple are not blocking your system and/or AppleID.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

@ jmilone - I think your problem points to a BIOS reset somehow because even if you have a boot problem on your HDD it should not really affect your installation USB drive because you should be able to use that to Boot back into your Yosemite drive - Good Luck.

@jmilone,

I agree with @esafeddie on this and I've actually suffered from a very similar issue myself a few months back, still not sure to this day what caused the BIOS to become corrupted and not initialise .. luckily it was on my GA-Z77X-UD5H based system which has dual BIOS so was able to switch to the secondary BIOS and get the system back up and running.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Just wanted to throw out an update. BTW, I'm running Yosemite using Clover.

SMS messages actually were going through, but they were only showing up on phones, not iPads.

At some point during the day, iMessages started more or less working (but now SMSes really don't work, it tries to only do iMessages). When I got home, most of the messages I had sent and received throughout the day showed up on my computer. However, some random iMessage users do not work. When starting a new message from iMessages, it says that they are not registered as an iMessage user. I can still message them from my iPhone or iPad. I've done at least 3 restarts and cleared all the caches with no apparent changes in functionality. Weird, but this is still a vast improvement over no iMessages.

THANK FOR POSTING THIS AND YOUR PREVIOUS MESSAGE!

After reading it, I did the same thing and I am exactly where you are.

I'll keep playing around with it and see where it gets me.

Thanks again!

Back