Contribute
Register
hey what if My SL No. get register to Apple !
So Apple will no thats is hack n will it create issue !

Hey man stop worrying unnecessarily about weather Apple will know if you machine is a real Mac or not, as long as your Hackintosh emulates the characteristics of a real Mac when it connects to the Apple Servers is all that matters. You are creating such a bind for your self with that sort of thinking, maybe you should give up on the idea.

So here's a new one that I haven't read about anywhere so far:
I've followed the guide for the iMessage fix with clover. Followed it all the way through to chapter 8. Called Apple. Here's the interesting part:
On the call with apple care, after entering the code, my original AppleID still did not work. However, the tech asked if I had another appleID I could try. I did so, and that ID WORKED.
All of the guides I've read so far don't suggest anything about this being AppleID specific. Yet, it appears that it is. My other AppleID worked great and signed into iMessage and FaceTime. The original AppleID STILL does not work.

Apple ID 1 that didn't work: iCloud, @me.com address.
Apple ID 2 that did: Apple store only, never used with iCloud; not an @me.com address.

Clearly this doesn't seem to be an MLB or ROM issue, it looks like some kind of block on my ID. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Any thoughts on an approach to resolve?

BOTH AppleIDs work on my other, real apple devices.

Thanks in advance!

Pechspilz: What have you done different, than before?

- Reading, reading, reading.... reading again
- Made sure no values from previous experiments were being re-used
- Unplugged the network cable until I was done
- Checked with iMessageDebug after every reboot until everything seemed in the right place and static after every reboot
- Used a non-registered but valid S/N
- Reset default keychain (maybe not required) to get rid of any Messaged related certificates/entries

Any posts describing or advocating using information from a real Mac that the poster doesn't own to solve this issue will result in the post being removed and a suspension of the poster's account.

hey Reading this gr8 thread again n again i got good understanding how this works :)

Now i can log in but then suddenly Inactive !

In Console:
Server denied registration support !

wats the issue !
1.Apple ID
2.MLB & ROM
3.Need to call Apple

I want to do this without calling Apple like Jay n Esafeddie did.

SUCCESS! I'm posting this because after waiting a couple months before trying to activate iMessage, I finally dedicated a few hours to making this work. I'm using Clover, which helps.

I followed the guide as closely as I could but got hung up trying to reset the iMessage configuration files (chapter 3.3 of the guide)-- I put the files in the trash, but I couldn't empty the trash, and I was unable to log in via single user mode with Clover (startup would hang... any reason why that should happen?). However, I suspected this wasn't the problem, as I hadn't tried to log in to iMessage on this Hackintosh before.

Using MLB and ROM taken from the output of iMessage debug, I wasn't able to log into iMessage. Then I followed esafeddie's suggestions in post #4015 to generate MLB and ROM:

Ok I understand your English is limited hope this will help - This is what I did and what worked for me.
1. I generated my SmUUID in 'Terminal' (see GUID how to do this)
2. I used the last 12 characters from SmUUID for my ROM e.g.4A3E5038-6CBC-49BE-AEBF-7A57AA3C5E85 (ROM=7a57aa3c5e85)
3. I generated my serial N0. in Clover (C02L?????8JC) and after added 5 random characters at the end to make up a 17 character MBL e.g (C02L?????8JC65CF5).

With the above method, I was abled to log straight into iMsg/F-Time. Good Luck.

THAT'S WHAT DID THE TRICK. Never had to call Apple. Not sure if it will stick, but for the time being it's working OK.

Thanks esafeddie and jaymonkey for making this way-too-complicated process reasonably simple.

hey Reading this gr8 thread again n again i got good understanding how this works :)

Now i can log in but then suddenly Inactive !

In Console:
Server denied registration support !

wats the issue !
1.Apple ID
2.MLB & ROM
3.Need to call Apple

I want to do this without calling Apple like Jay n Esafeddie did.

With your present values there is nothing you can do but to put in the call to Apple - There is a remote chance of getting the ability to log straight in without the call but it has the potential of failure or being back where you were. I take no responsibility for this if you decide to go down this route.

1. Remove all previous attempts - delete iMsg/F-Time cache folders etc (see GUIDE) or even consider a reinstallation.
2. Create new Serial and Model iMac close to your Hacks specs.
3. Generate new Values SmUUID, ROM and MLB.
4. Do NOT attempt to log into iMsg/F-Time at this stage, run iMsg Debugger a few times between reboots to insure Values are not
changing.
5. If you are happy with the results, try logging in.

Ok now I will explain, apart from what I mentioned before you could end up back to getting the Code to call Apple, you will have yet another machine registered to your account and there is a limit unless you are running a business.
You can check by logging into 'iCloud Settings' to see how many you have and the only way to get instantly get rid of them is to, create a new Apple account and that is way too much hassle, problems with past App Store purchases etc etc so that option is out.
So as it stands now - Put the call into Apple and try to remove the Block on your ID - Good Luck.

Correction - Whitelist your Hack's MLB and ROM values.

Last edited:
With your present values there is nothing you can do but to put in the call to Apple - There is a remote chance of getting the ability to log straight in without the call but it has the potential of failure or being back where you were. I take no responsibility for this if you decide to go down this route.

1. Remove all previous attempts - delete iMsg/F-Time cache folders etc (see GUIDE) or even consider a reinstallation.
2. Create new Serial and Model iMac close to your Hacks specs.
3. Generate new Values SmUUID, ROM and MLB.
4. Do NOT attempt to log into iMsg/F-Time at this stage, run iMsg Debugger a few times between reboots to insure Values are not
changing.
5. If you are happy with the results, try logging in.

Ok now I will explain, apart from what I mentioned before you could end up back to getting the Code to call Apple, you will have yet another machine registered to your account and there is a limit unless you are running a business.
You can check by logging into 'iCloud Settings' to see how many you have and the only way to get instantly get rid of them is to, create a new Apple account and that is way too much hassle, problems with past App Store purchases etc etc so that option is out.
So as it stands now - Put the call into Apple and try to remove the Block on your ID - Good Luck.

Correction - Whitelist your Hack's MLB and ROM values.

Esafeddie,
I followed the whole step from start before posting the above post !
Made new SMBios 10,1
New Serial, SMUUID, MLB, ROM (ur method)
According to this (Image below), its hardware issue n my Apple ID is fine.
My value r not changing at all.
N I've Reinstalled OS X, but restore USERS from Backup(Coz of my project).
Even My Serial is registered to Apple.
Also I've tried in guest n it logged in but then Inactive :(

Any posts describing or advocating using information from a real Mac that the poster doesn't own to solve this issue will result in the post being removed and a suspension of the poster's account.

Back