Contribute
Register
Is Clover an absolute necessity if running Yosemite to get iMessage to work?

Anything i can do to make it work on a Chimera and Multibeast install?

Honestly the only reason i can run a hack is due to the simplicity that tonymac has out together here. I just dont have the time to start over and tinker with clover. I absolutely love how easy and straight forward it was using recommended hardware.

If iMessage just wont work with Chimera, then iMessage will just live on my phone. Sorry if this has been answered in the thread already, but 4000 posts is a bit much to weed though.

No - that only comes up if I incorrectly inject MLB or ROM.

All I get is:
"Could not sign in to iMessage.
An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Hmmmm - Thats strange, I thought the Code thing meant that you are there with your values but just needs Apple to white list them on their servers to enable you to login.

Before Apple relaxed the security issue, a few months back I dabbled with a supposedly 13 Character (instead of 17) MLB Generator (from the other side) and used my Mac Address as my ROM and was abled to log in without the need to call Apple - I did post about my success a few posts back.

Even though I got it to work (Jay did advocate, people were having more success with 13 a character MLB than the 17) I decided to dabble again to see if I can inject a 17 character MBL with a new Serial Number and get it to work using the what I call the 'Back to Basics Method' and I was abled to without having to call Apple and its what I am using now for the life of this Hack.

Don't know how my experiences will help but if you feel you've exhausted all methods in the Guide, maybe going a different route will be successful - Good Luck.

Honestly the only reason i can run a hack is due to the simplicity that tonymac has out together here. I just dont have the time to start over and tinker with clover. I absolutely love how easy and straight forward it was using recommended hardware.

If iMessage just wont work with Chimera, then iMessage will just live on my phone. Sorry if this has been answered in the thread already, but 4000 posts is a bit much to weed though.

Have a read of the Guide for a good insight why Clover is the way to go to Emulate a real Mac specially for iMsg/F-Time and future Apple updates. The ability to update straight from the App Store like a real Mac without the risk of breaking your install is one of my biggest Plus - Good Luck.

You mentioned that the number changed. That number is a checksum based on your MLB and ROM values. If it changed, then your NVRAM setup is not correct, and iMessage will NOT work. If you are using chimera, consider switching to clover. Calling Apple again will not resolve the issue.
Bro the Number is not changing, its just that
m using same ID but diff domain they all belong to single Apple ID
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

all ID belong to same Apple ID

Password is one(same) for all

Jay n esafeddie now wat !

I've done all as u said :(

Jay n esafeddie now wat !

I've done all as u said :(

Seriously man your problem has me baffled - as a matter of interest, the connection between your p/c and your modem is it wired or wireless? - sorry if I asked you this question before.

Check your P/Mail.

Last edited:
Jay n esafeddie now wat ! ... I've done all as u said :(

@siddsimac,

Does your Apple ID work with iM on anther system ?

Have you tried creating a new OS X user account and trying your existing AppleID with iMessage ?
Have you tried the above with a temporary AppleID ?

If the latter works then it is possible that the issue is with your AppleID and not with your hack ?

I've been keeping an eye on a unfortunate few who seem to be unable to use iM & FT no matter what they do but it works if they use an alternate AppleID on the same system.

I cant really help with this as i've never experienced it myself and the circumstances that have caused the AppleID to become unusable are unknown at this time .... your only real option would be to talk to Apple Support.

I have a theory that it may be caused by AppleID's that have been specifically blocked/flagged ..... maybe they have been seen to be associated with too many Cloned ID's or a massive number of ghost devices. We need more feedback on the problem in order to understand the cause....

Have you tried a clean install using all the same System ID's (ones you know for sure have been white-listed)

Cheers
Jay

I'm not running Clover - using Chimera - and iMessage, etc., works for me. My build Hector has an iMac WiFi/BT4 card and adapter, replacing the Gigabyte combo card that didn't work. That might have helped helped to get iMessage to work, but following the guide here was what I used.

I'm not running Clover - using Chimera - and iMessage, etc., works for me. My build Hector has an iMac WiFi/BT4 card and adapter, replacing the Gigabyte combo card that didn't work. That might have helped helped to get iMessage to work, but following the guide here was what I used.

Stork you may have something there!!! - Although I am running Clover, I did also swopped out my Gigabyte card for a WiFi/BT4 card recommended by jBamford off eBay but like you said the Guide is definitely the place to start.

Seriously man your problem has me baffled - as a matter of interest, the connection between your p/c and your modem is it wired or wireless? - sorry if I asked you this question before.

Check your P/Mail.

I used both Wired n Wireless.

Back