Contribute
Register
@herbie12,
I would suggest the following:-

Logout of all iMessage services and disconnect from the network. Follow all of Chapter 3.3 to reset the iMessage config files including the optional step to reset the security ID services config files .... also check that all your ID's are correct and persistent by running iMessage debug after a a reboot, do this a few times and check all is well .... If all ok re-connect to network and login in to iCloud via launching notes. Then try logging into iMessage.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

I reset my config files and entered Single User mode afterwards to delete the rest of the files but had no activity after entering the commands so I pushed the reset switch and now my Yosemite HD disappeared from Clover bootloader. Any idea how to fix this? or why it was caused?

Jay, et all;

Just wanted to give a heads up.

I have had iMessage working fine on an iMac14,2 SMBIOS build (good S/N, MLB, ROM, etc.) for several weeks. Today, all I did was drop a new SSDT (for my MoBo) in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and rebooted. When I re-logged into Yosemite, I had to re-enter all my passwords for iCloud/iMessage/Facetime and then all my other iOS devices said I had "registered" a new device (same name as before).

I ran iMessage debug and my serial number, MLB, ROM, SmUIDs are still the same. I hadn't written down my hardware id, so I assume that is the one variable that changed (I went ahead and added it in the RTvariable field of Clover Configurator to make sure it does't change with any future 'tweaking').

Therefore, it's safe to say that Apple not only tracks MLB and ROM values for iMessage but Hardware IDs as well.

Therefore, it's safe to say that Apple not only tracks MLB and ROM values for iMessage but Hardware IDs as well.

@Wilky13,

As far as I am aware Apple validate all ID's ... but at different times, some ID's have to pass basic local validations before certain OS X services will even start to attempt to communicate with Apples iCloud systems.

All iCloud services validate S/N and Hardware UUID (derived from SmUUID) during login/authentication when run as native apps on OS X or IOS .... iCloud services that use end to end encryption such as iMessage and Facetime use MLB & ROM to generate a session crypto key which forms part of the security token.

Cheers
Jay

I reset my config files and entered Single User mode afterwards to delete the rest of the files but had no activity after entering the commands so I pushed the reset switch and now my Yosemite HD disappeared from Clover bootloader. Any idea how to fix this? or why it was caused?

@tloc623,

Sorry to read that you ran into problems, pushing the reset switch during a disk write/update operation will always carry a high risk even when the OS supports a Journaled file system. I suspect the file system catalogue has got corrupted .... as to what caused the system to stall is anyones guess.

First thing I would try is to boot with a OS X USB Installer (any version will do) and run Disk Utility from the 'Utilities' menu and try using the 'Repair Disk' feature ... if that doesn't work you could try a 3rd party Disk repair utility such as Disk Warrior.

As detailed in multiple places in the guide I always recommend that you ensure you have an up to date Timemachine or CCC backup before applying any procedure that alters the configuration files .... things can go wrong for no apparent reason no matter how good the system is... Apple's Timemachine is about as user friendly as an incremental backup system can be made and there is no reason why everyone should not use it. I know it easy to say that in hindsight but external high capacity USB drives are cheep and in cases such as this offer a quick and easy method to restore your system back to operational status in less than 30 mins ....

Let me know how you get on
Cheers
Jay

@rcolem87,

Those sort of issues tend to be related to MLB & ROM what are you using for MLB (Generator or based on OSX S/N + extra random digits)

The way i do it is to disconnect from network and remove MLB from clover configuration (keep everything else such as SmUUID, S/N, ROM .. etc. reboot and let Clover generate a MLB for you ..... use iMessage debug to get new MLB value and copy/paste it back into RT Variables pages in CC .... save and shut down .... reboot and check that new MLB is persistent .. if ok connect to network and try again.

I thought Clover Configurator is what gave me the MLB originally. I checked it last night and after I deleted it from clover, I rebooted, then opened iMessageDebug and it was showing me the same one as before. I rebooted and it stayed persistent too. What else would you suggest I try? How do I generate a new one - I think thats where I'm confused. I don't have to mess with FileNVRAM since I'm on clover and Yosemite, right?

How do I generate a new one - I think thats where I'm confused. I don't have to mess with FileNVRAM since I'm on clover and Yosemite, right?

@rcolem87,

Either use the method detailed in the guide Chapter 7.1 (OSX S/N + Random extra digits) or use Clover Configurator's Generator/Calculator on the RT Variables page. If manually creating/specifying MLB then do not use the CC calculator and leave Board Serial number blank on SMBIOS page.

Alternatively you can try using Hanger1's MLB generator but if you do its best to work through the results to ensure that the final result is valid. Read the IM Thread for more info on MLB formatting/make up.

13 digit MLB is easer to get working than 17 digit ..

Cheers
Jay

Generated MLB, ROM, SmUUID as per guide and everything worked on first try. Perfect. I thought. Realized a little later, that my genuine MacBook Pro stopped receiving iMessages. Never cloned any IDs from it. Was always working and just stopped. Nothing helped to far to get it back to work. All other iCloud services work fine though. Someone experiencing the same?

Can someone help me in getting a good MacBook Pro 10,1 Serial No. !

Back