Contribute
Register
@P1LGRIM, I would PM you regarding this but I don't have the permission so I'll ask here.

The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Any chance I could get a dump from one of your working hacks to look at?
A 'dump' of what ?

I'm just looking for something to compare mine to.
That is, the NVRAM variables, and possibly you clover config? I understand you'll want to censor serials and what not, but I just want to take a look at the rest and see if there's anything there.
Any comparison would be invalid as we do not have the same parts.

Also could you possibly try with a fresh apple id like I suggested above, just to see if you can create and use that with iMessage. That should aid in eliminating some of the differences.
I do not need any more AppleIDs and there is no difference between you creating a new one and me creating a new one.

I have explained with full details in my guide how I set up my systems to access Apple services, if that does not work for you then I am sorry but I know of nothing else that might help you.

@ iamzacharyrs - Don't really want to prolong this thread but if you're absolutely sure you've double checked your settings as per the Guide and is positive nothing is awry, here is an obscure fix one member found that solved his problem. As a last and desperate resort, he dug around and found that his router was not maintaining his Mac address on reboots which of course caused confusion on the Servers. to combat the problem, he boot down the machine and removed the router cable from the hack and also removed the power line from the router forcing a hard reset. Now I am not saying this will cure your problem but at this stage any try is a try.

That's odd. Do you get the customer code error?

'An error occurred during activation' can be a few things i.e Ethernet not registered as (en0) or values not being constant at every boot up. Run iMessageDeBugger and have a look at the values, I am not sure changing the screen to a non Apple screen should have such an impact, the main board yes, the screen I am doubtful.

Hey guys, thanks for your replies.

I don't get a customer error code. Is it safe to post up my iMessageDeBugger values here? I can't make a lot of sense of them.

BTW Ethernet shows as en0.

EDIT: iMessagedebugger values don't change after a reboot. Also, the serial number there matches the one printed on the base of my Macbook.

Last edited:
Do you have an email I can contact you on? I don't think we can PM here.
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Yes I understand that, but I wouldn't expect them to post their serials etc publicly, hence the request for email. I'm not aiming to deprive anyone of a solution, and if it's found I'll post it here. Just want to avoid someone cloning their values.

If this does break the rules, could you suggest an alternate method I may help them without exposing them to the aforementioned issues.
Many people have posted their SMBIOS details here, there is no point in anyone cloning them as they don't work.
Once the user has a fix for their particular problem it is a trivial matter to generate new numbers as it is very often not the numbers that are the root cause.

Their mac is real not a hack, hence why they wouldn't wish to post them publicly. It has and does happen that people clone, and that would really screw them over.
Nobody should post their real Mac values on the Internet.
It is true that you can use cloned real Mac values on a Hack but there has never been a need to do so.

Yes hence why I advised @RealMacbookUser not to post them, and then asked if they had an email for me to try help them directly. Their issue is with a real mac not a hack.
Posts containing email addresses or requests for email addresses will be removed as per the rules.

Posts about real Macs are off topic in this thread.
In a real Mac the values are stored on the MLB and if they were corrupted when he had his screen replaced then they must be restored using the correct Apple software (Blank Board Serialiser if memory serves correctly).

One should never include personal data in a post as pointed out, most members that do include their data is because the values would be most likely to be useless for others to clone. Still useless or not you should reframe from doing so or at least obscure the sensitive parts of it. When it is asked to post a sample of ones iMsgDeBugger readout, it is to see if the words 'null' or 'void' or this '+' symbol follows the values which does impact a successful logon.

Hey guys. I just want to thank iamzacharyrs for helping me resolve my issue. Although he is suspended now, he Teamviewer'd into my PC and solved the issue with a simple keychain reset, something I had overlooked. Really the kind of character forums like this need. BTW I found his contact details by Googling his username.

RealMacbookUser

Back