Contribute
Register
Sounds similar to me...

Please help me guys,

I am straggling with iMessage-Facetime for some time now following this guide, but with no result.
I get the "contact support" message, and after calling (they register my serial in the system etc.) the problem stays.

My hardware is a Thinkpad T460 with an i7-6600U.
I use a Dell DW1830 (BCM94360) for wifi and bluetooth, both work fine on Sierra 10.12.2 without any custom kexts or hacks.

My steps are:

I create a new set of smbios data in a fresh install. Macbook9.1 the first time, and MacBookPro13.1 the second (both Skylake). I DO NOT own an iphone or any real mac, so i can only go with self-generated values.
I generate a unique and unused serial, identified correctly in everymac, unknown at applecare.
I generate a unique uuid with uuidgen.
I generate an MLB number with simpleMLBserial.sh
I use UseMacAddr0 for ROM, the laptop has both wlan and ethernet, but i connect through wlan (perhaps here is a fault?).
I double check all values with imessagedebug, they stay constant.
My Nvram seems to be working, backlight setting findmymac etc work.
I make sure NO device is associated with my apple-id.
I clear the system of all config files as per this guide.

I reboot, log-in and get the "contact support" message. (I have added a credit-card on my apple-id, iCloud, iTunes, App-Store etc. are working fine).

The problem is even after calling support and waiting for a day or two, i still get the message.

Is there any hope with self-generated values, or am i doing something wrong?
Should i use an older more compatible smbios set despite the skylake cpu?
Is there an issue with my network? (i have UseMacAddr0 as rom, my ethernet is shown as builtin and En0. Wlan is En1).

Thanks...

I don't think anyone knows why some Apple IDs works and others don't even if you've done every thing right on your setup. Before the new iCloud security measures implemented by Apple, logging into iMsg/F-Time was quite straight forward once your setup was done correct. Then a pattern started to emerge where older established Apple IDs had a better success rate where logons were concerned, now it seems even some of these same older IDs are having problems specially on new builds.

All I would advise to all those still having problems even after calling Apple with the Code and you've check your values are correct and static via iMessage DeBugger, reframe from constantly changing Injected Values, Mac S/N and constant logon tries as your only succeeding in bombarding Apple Servers with useless failed attempt data logged against your machine.

As advocated many times, once your rig throws up the 'Call Customer Care' with a given code, there is nothing you are anyone else but Apple can do to solve the problem. Just leave off for a while as some members found that after a month or two they could without explanation log into iMsg/F-Time. It's frustrating I know but I wish there was more constructive advice I could offer.

I hear you, annoying but not the end of the world :)

I don't think anyone knows why some Apple IDs works and others don't even if you've done every thing right on your setup. Before the new iCloud security measures implemented by Apple, logging into iMsg/F-Time was quite straight forward once your setup was done correct. Then a pattern started to emerge where older established Apple IDs had a better success rate where logons were concerned, now it seems even some of these same older IDs are having problems specially on new builds.

All I would advise to all those still having problems even after calling Apple with the Code and you've check your values are correct and static via iMessage DeBugger, reframe from constantly changing Injected Values, Mac S/N and constant logon tries as your only succeeding in bombarding Apple Servers with useless failed attempt data logged against your machine.

As advocated many times, once your rig throws up the 'Call Customer Care' with a given code, there is nothing you are anyone else but Apple can do to solve the problem. Just leave off for a while as some members found that after a month or two they could without explanation log into iMsg/F-Time. It's frustrating I know but I wish there was more constructive advice I could offer.

So apple got back to me today and said there was nothing more they could do their end, they suggested taking the 'iMac' back to an Apple Store to run further tests... I declined the offer ;)

Suddenly my iMessage stop working; I am getting this error down below which part should I try to guide?

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 01.09.10.png

Suddenly my iMessage stop working; I am getting this error down below which part should I try to guide?

View attachment 229605

Run iMessage DeBugger and see if the injected values shows any change or anomalies that may throw up the error or try signing out of iCloud and back in again.

Run iMessage DeBugger and see if the injected values shows any change or anomalies that may throw up the error or try signing out of iCloud and back in again.
Yes.
BoardSerialNumber: Failed
ROM:Failed

I am using this for ROM "UseMacAddr0"

Should I need the ROM on Sierra?

I never used the ROM on El Capitan always leave it empty.

Last edited:
Yes.

I am using this for ROM "UseMacAddr0"

Should I need the ROM on Sierra?

I never used the ROM on El Capitan always leave it empty.
Yes, I'm running into this exact same problem. I have everything working but iMessage. Curiously, if I reset iMessage on my iPhone my ID and password automatically populate iMessage on the Hack but does not work. iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, all work.

I asked before about:

But never received an answer. Is this normal. My working El Capitan build has values for these two items and iMessage works fine. It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have it working. My ID goes back to eWorld, so it's old and has always worked. Thanks for any help.

Config in question: i5 6400, Gigabyte Z170N-wifi, 16 gig ram

If you have this result after running DeBugger then it's inevitable you will either be kicked out of iMessage/F-Time after managing to be logged in or just not getting to logon in the first place. Both sets of GUIDES (Idiot Guide and Fix iMessage) explains in detail how to do this so you both need to do some reading and it's quite easy to do. Good luck

As I've said in numerous post, if you are having problems with iMsg/F-Time, the first thing to do is to run iMessage DeBugger and check your injected values. If you see 'Failed' instead of a value, iMsg/F-Time will not work and must be fixed, if after doing everything correct as per the 'Guide/Guides' and you get the message to call Apple with a given code, then there is nothing you or anyone here can do to fix the problem. One more thing to look for in the DeBugger result, if you have this value 'C02140302D5DMT31M' as the MLB and/or the BoardSerial Number, it is wrong as it is a Generic value thrown up by your Motherboard this will have an adverse effect on the function of iMsg. You must formulate a unique value containing seventeen characters, a good place to start would be your Mac S/N and then add five random characters at the end then inject this new value into your config.plist via Clover Configurator or a Text Editor or try and google a MLB generator, there were a few half decent ones knocking around a while back.

Back