Contribute
Register
Thanks for the reply!

It is at en0.

I just restored 2 month old clone and still have the same issue.

Currently trying a fresh install of Sierra to see if this fixes it. Really need iMessage.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

Thanks for that.

Using Sierra 10.12.2 now, and the issue is still there.

Thanks for that.

Using Sierra 10.12.2 now, and the issue is still there.

If you followed the guide completely it will work, if it doesn't your Apple ID is blacklisted.

If you followed the guide completely it will work, if it doesn't your Apple ID is blacklisted.
Thanks, sir. Was able to get it working on a fresh Sierra install. I just wasted 2 days trying to make it work under El Capitan -- I must've botched the install.

Made a new clone of the working system just in case.

This is simply not true. My Apple ID is not blacklisted, everything works fine on my iPhone and Apple watch, and after calling support I was also told that everything seems fine on their side; yet my hackbook still throws a support code and I cannot get iMessage/FT to work. It seems like this guide works only for a fraction of people and why this happens I cannot explain.

This is simply not true. My Apple ID is not blacklisted, everything works fine on my iPhone and Apple watch, and after calling support I was also told that everything seems fine on their side; yet my hackbook still throws a support code and I cannot get iMessage/FT to work. It seems like this guide works only for a fraction of people and why this happens I cannot explain.

What guide did you follow? Follow the ****** guide I linked in previous pages, make sure you follow ALL the steps, including folder deletion.

What guide did you follow? Follow the ****** guide I linked in previous pages, make sure you follow ALL the steps, including folder deletion.

I have followed both the ****** and this guide here, and have followed each one of them more than once actually. To be honest, I find P1LGRIM's guide far superior than the one posted on ******. The way the latter treats MLB and ROM values is wrong; on a real Mac, I'm pretty sure that ROM matches the MAC address of the firewire port, and as for the MLB, it has its own unique syntax, just like S/N does. Neither guide worked for me though.

Post output from iMessageDebug.

Sure, it's attached here.

Attachments

• iMessageDebug.txt
    698 bytes · Views: 125
on a real Mac, I'm pretty sure that ROM matches the MAC address of the firewire port
On a real Mac the Firewire mac address is the same as the Ethernet mac address but with a few additional characters.
It is the Ethernet mac address that is the ROM value.

Your iMessageDebug output looks ok.

I see that you are using a MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS, what hardware do you have ?
IIRC the MacBookPro11,1 has no Ethernet port so the Wireless interface should be en0 and BuiltIn.
Check this with DPCIManager :

DPCIManager.png

On a real Mac the Firewire mac address is the same as the Ethernet mac address but with a few additional characters.
It is the Ethernet mac address that is the ROM value.

Your iMessageDebug output looks ok.

I see that you are using a MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS, what hardware do you have ?
IIRC the MacBookPro11,1 has no Ethernet port so the Wireless interface should be en0 and BuiltIn.
Check this with DPCIManager :

View attachment 228297

It's a Lenovo Y50-70. My ethernet's set to en0, WiFi is en2. Could it be the problem?

I've tried almost everything else by now; have regenerated everything from scratch a couple of times- always following your guide step by step- tried connecting with my older Apple ID (with no luck either), and even reinstalled the OS just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my last configuration.

Back