Contribute
Register
Hi

Followed the "an idiots guide to iMessage". So far i have done the guide 5 times (triple checked all), with different model numbers of macs, from 2013 models to 2016 iMac, also did a full reinstall of the whole OS X and dit not help. Running a skylake 6500 i5 rig, everything works perfect except iMessage, iCloud and photos etc works fine. My rig should be very similar to an 27 iMac with skylake but that does not help.

Tried with two different apple id, with both i get the error message that i need to call the support to activate iMessage at this computer. I get the same message every time i tried, independent of id. My iMessage id are created during 2014 and 2015. I can se that if i put in wrong password then it does not work, so it is checking my data, and then blocking me actively most obviously from the servers, making a new id does not help neither i could se.

I am connecting with ethernet, e0 is working well.

Please asking for any help or advice. I can only se that most other get this to work?

Unfortunately as often said, once your rig throws up the 'Call Customer Services' there is nothing else you can do regardless of how many times you reinstall, reconfigure or change IDs. Its a very strange situation - the general consensus seems to lean towards Hacks with old and established IDs coupled with solid financial details. It was discussed here on the forum by one individual some posts back that once those details are logged by Apple it seems ROM, MLB and other injected values doesn't matter, at which point I thought they were talking rot. To prove his theory I did a fresh install on a test rig with only a s/n injected and was abled to instantly login to All Apple Services with my ID - iMsg/F-Time, iTunes, iCloud, App Store plus was abled to setup 'Continuity' between the Hack and other devices.

I must admit I had to climb down from my very limited knowledgeable high horse and admit they were right in their findings which completely threw a spanner in the mix of correct and properly injected values as per the 'Fix iMessage' guide which is still the right way to go. In conclusion one can only surmise that established and verified Apple IDs coupled with solid financial details carry more sway on a new hack. Not wanting to sound smug or condescending but now when I am testing new updates or upgrades on a test rig before putting them on my regular day to day rigs, I don't pay much attention to getting and injecting correct values just using the Generic ones and my Apple ID, I can login to all the services without the need to call Apple.
To reiterate again you need to call Apple with the code - see the GUIDE how to conduct the call. Good luck.

Unfortunately as often said, once your rig throws up the 'Call Customer Services' there is nothing else you can do regardless of how many times you reinstall, reconfigure or change IDs. Its a very strange situation - the general consensus seems to lean towards Hacks with old and established IDs coupled with solid financial details. It was discussed here on the forum by one individual some posts back that once those details are logged by Apple it seems ROM, MLB and other injected values doesn't matter, at which point I thought they were talking rot. To prove his theory I did a fresh install on a test rig with only a s/n injected and was abled to instantly login to All Apple Services with my ID - iMsg/F-Time, iTunes, iCloud, App Store plus was abled to setup 'Continuity' between the Hack and other devices.

I must admit I had to climb down from my very limited knowledgeable high horse and admit they were right in their findings which completely threw a spanner in the mix of correct and properly injected values as per the 'Fix iMessage' guide which is still the right way to go. In conclusion one can only surmise that established and verified Apple IDs coupled with solid financial details carry more sway on a new hack. Not wanting to sound smug or condescending but now when I am testing new updates or upgrades on a test rig before putting them on my regular day to day rigs, I don't pay much attention to getting and injecting correct values just using the Generic ones and my Apple ID, I can login to all the services without the need to call Apple.
To reiterate again you need to call Apple with the code - see the GUIDE how to conduct the call. Good luck.

Yes it seems so, the problem being that my Swedish support does not really want to fix this issue, they don't care about he apple support pin or care about the error code, not even giving them my iCloud account they care to check the data so I am a little stumbled on how to go on. I don't think i will have more success calling the us support neither as they will se it is a swedish account. Indeed my user account was used for 2 years, had done some buying (but very few). Last resort would be to try to use an old Mac mini serial number but that seems to be not recommended (and it is a late 2007 model).

Many thanks for your reply however and comments!

Regards

Whilst I am not a big fan of cloning genuine Mac values, you can go that route by way of buying a damaged Mac device and extracting the values i.e MLB, ROM and S/N and inject these values into your hack but first deleting the data in the iMsg/F-Time folders as these may cause conflict - (see GUIDE on which folders and procedure) - also as long as the extracted values will not be shared by anyone else. Good luck.

PS. Don't worry too much about the date of the Mac mini it wouldn't matter.

Last edited:
Though I think someone reported similar situation on this thread in several months ago, just I'd like to share my recent case with people who has still problem on activating iMessage/FaceTime.

I was able to activate iMessage/FaceTime without any problem on my newly created El Capitan rigs (with UEFI Clover) if I use my old enough Apple ID (that was created on more than 4 years ago). But if I used fresh Apple IDs that were recently created (on around 2 weeks ago), 'Call customer service' was always shown, thus I could not activate iMsg/F-Time on the same rig. I confirmed this by using 2 flash Apple IDs on 2 different El Capitan rigs.

My 6th sense is quite sure that "age of Apple ID" must be a key of success.

Though I think someone reported similar situation on this thread in several months ago, just I'd like to share my recent case with people who has still problem on activating iMessage/FaceTime.

I was able to activate iMessage/FaceTime without any problem on my newly created El Capitan rigs (with UEFI Clover) if I use my old enough Apple ID (that was created on more than 4 years ago). But if I used fresh Apple IDs that were recently created (on around 2 weeks ago), 'Call customer service' was always shown, thus I could not activate iMsg/F-Time on the same rig. I confirmed this by using 2 flash Apple IDs on 2 different El Capitan rigs.

My 6th sense is quite sure that "age of Apple ID" must be a key of success.
Hi

I found an apple id from 2005 created when i had some problems of one of my macs and still the same problems unfortunately, instantly got the call mac support. Now maybe my ip is doing something here but more thinking it may be the fact that i m not in US. Anyhow, now having blocked out myself of approx 5 different apple id on my rig makes me don't thinking this will work (and feeling a little incompetent myself :) )!

Last edited:
I am struggling with Messages, since I built my first Hackintosh, a few days ago. I followed the tutorial very closely and have the feeling, that I tried everything to troubleshoot the issue. Since I don't know what else to do from this point onwards, I am kindly asking for help.

Here's my situation:
I installed my machine according to the guide and changed the system definition post installation with Clover Configurator to iMac17,1. I applied the black screen fix, installed the Nvidia Web Drivers etc. and everything ran just fine.
I created a unique serial number with Clover Configurator’s magic wand and tested it against everymac.com, which seemed to be fine
This serial number is for a 27-Inch iMac (Retina 5K, Late 2015). Does yours have a 3.2 GHz Core i5, 3.3 GHz Core i5, or 4.0 GHz Core i7 processor?
and checkcoverage.apple.com.
Unfortunately, I was never able to make the Coverage Website return a
We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again.
message for any of the serials I generated. Instead, I always (I tried at least 40 generated serial numbers) got in return the following message:
We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again.

At a certain point, I thought that Apple must have changed the message text on their Coverage Website and that my serial number would be fine.

I followed the guide and completed all the other configuration bits and bytes, as well as verified them with iMessageDebugv2 (they where stable).

So I tried my luck and was able to successfully log in to Messages, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Music Library, Calendar, the App Store etc. with my Apple ID and it seemed like everything was working as expected. After some testing, I realized that Messages only partly worked. I can see most of my current conversations in Messages, but when I try to actually send a message, it does not go through. First, Messages tries to send the message as an SMS (green bubble), but in the end, it fails and displays "Not Delivered". I can send Messages (blue bubble) to myself and they also show up on my iPhone and MacBook Pro. I could also activate "Text Message Forwarding" from my iPhone to the Hackintosh.

So, it is kind of working, but not entirely. Does anyone have an idea about what I could try, in order to make Messages work?

Maybe it is really only my serial number, that is invalid. But then again, I tried newly generated serials (Clover Configurator 4.3.2) every day now and never got a different "success" message returned from Apple, other than the one stated above.

Thank you for your help in advance! I really tried everything out by myself to fix this issue. :(

I also would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to all of you. I am super happy with my Hackintosh build and this is thanks to everyone of you, who make this place and the tools as great as they in fact are!

This is the link to my build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-z170x-ud5-th-i7-6700k-evga-gtx950-32gb-ddr4.201063/

I am struggling with Messages, since I built my first Hackintosh, a few days ago. I followed the tutorial very closely and have the feeling, that I tried everything to troubleshoot the issue. Since I don't know what else to do from this point onwards, I am kindly asking for help.

Here's my situation:
I installed my machine according to the guide and changed the system definition post installation with Clover Configurator to iMac17,1. I applied the black screen fix, installed the Nvidia Web Drivers etc. and everything ran just fine.
I created a unique serial number with Clover Configurator’s magic wand and tested it against everymac.com, which seemed to be fine

and checkcoverage.apple.com.
Unfortunately, I was never able to make the Coverage Website return a

message for any of the serials I generated. Instead, I always (I tried at least 40 generated serial numbers) got in return the following message:

At a certain point, I thought that Apple must have changed the message text on their Coverage Website and that my serial number would be fine.

I followed the guide and completed all the other configuration bits and bytes, as well as verified them with iMessageDebugv2 (they where stable).

So I tried my luck and was able to successfully log in to Messages, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Music Library, Calendar, the App Store etc. with my Apple ID and it seemed like everything was working as expected. After some testing, I realized that Messages only partly worked. I can see most of my current conversations in Messages, but when I try to actually send a message, it does not go through. First, Messages tries to send the message as an SMS (green bubble), but in the end, it fails and displays "Not Delivered". I can send Messages (blue bubble) to myself and they also show up on my iPhone and MacBook Pro. I could also activate "Text Message Forwarding" from my iPhone to the Hackintosh.

So, it is kind of working, but not entirely. Does anyone have an idea about what I could try, in order to make Messages work?

Maybe it is really only my serial number, that is invalid. But then again, I tried newly generated serials (Clover Configurator 4.3.2) every day now and never got a different "success" message returned from Apple, other than the one stated above.

Thank you for your help in advance! I really tried everything out by myself to fix this issue. :(

I also would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to all of you. I am super happy with my Hackintosh build and this is thanks to everyone of you, who make this place and the tools as great as they in fact are!

This is the link to my build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-z170x-ud5-th-i7-6700k-evga-gtx950-32gb-ddr4.201063/

Hi - First off stop trying different passwords and injecting different values you'll end up with a corrupted configuration making matters worst. The s/n returning the message 'Not Valid' is the correct one, your iMessage setup is correct as far as I can tell from your post it just needs syncing with your iPhone or other devices thats all. The way to synchronise is quite simple - log out of iCloud, Cloud will complain about deleting this and that from your Hack, just go through it all and agree, when done reboot, wait a minute or so and then log back into iCloud and all should be ok.
If that didn't solve the sync problem which it should, you've probably corrupted the data in the iMessage folders, if that is the case have a look in the 'How to Fix iMessage Guide' to see exactly what data in which folders you'll need to delete. Good luck.

Thank you @esafeddie for your help! I just went through the process of completely signing out of all iCloud based services on all of my Apple devices, resetting the configuration files (including Trash deletion in Single User mode) on my Hackintosh twice, but unfortunately the symptoms remain the same. I am logged in but Messages is still not working. Before going through the process I spotted this message in the Console:
Messages[561]: [Warning] (IMAccount: 0x7fd30bcc5260 [ID: ********-****-****-****-************ Service: IMService[iMessage] Login: E:****@****.*** Active: NO LoginStatus: Connected]) - isActive: NO - isOperational: NO - registration status: 1
But now (after going through the reset process) all I see in Console is:
10.09.16 04:22:55.213 apsd[76]: MessageTracer: load_domain_prefix_whitelist:120: Missing default whitelist file: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CrashReporterSupport.framework/Resources/SubmitDiagInfo.default.domains
I don't know if this is of any help to track the issue down.

Thank you @esafeddie for your help! I just went through the process of completely signing out of all iCloud based services on all of my Apple devices, resetting the configuration files (including Trash deletion in Single User mode) on my Hackintosh twice, but unfortunately the symptoms remain the same. I am logged in but Messages is still not working. Before going through the process I spotted this message in the Console:

But now (after going through the reset process) all I see in Console is:

I don't know if this is of any help to track the issue down.

Hi - Have a read of 'Chapter 3.3 - Reset iMessage Configuration Files' - hopefully this will help to resolve the issue, I suggest you perform these steps off line by removing your internet feed until you're done. Good luck.

I went through the process of 3.3 three more times now. Offline, with longer waiting periods before connecting back to the internet etc. Unfortunately, I seem to be unlucky. :( It still does not work correctly. I even see the animated dots (…) when someone is writing me. This is so super strange. I observed the Console for suspicious entries but could not find anything. Maybe I have to give up.

Back