Contribute
Register
After installation on the second disk I had unique UUID and S/N but iMessage didn't work.
I decided to take files from /Extra on first HDD where iMessage worked. Alas, but iMessage doesn't work.

@Virgo

Ok, well that is odd .... having a totally different UUID & S/N should work on second install .... did you make sure you booted with -f after removing FileNVRAM for /Extra ?

Cheers
Jay

Either way as I posted above, no one here has been rejected by Apple. If they ask you can say its a hackingtosh which does not seem to be an issue (yet?).

Cheers
Jay

My call got rejected, but I made the mistake and said this is for a Hackintosh before providing a S/N to see what happens.
The Apple support engineer in Germany said "Apple does not support Hackintoshes", and that was that. The guy sounded
surprised as well, as if I was the first person with a Hackintosh he ever spoke to.

I'll try again in a couple days and provide a S/N first. I'm not very comfortable having to be sneaky and bending the truth
to get Apple support fixing this issue, though. But I really don't want to spend 5 grand on a Mac pro either ;)

Andrej

My call got rejected, but I made the mistake and said this is for a Hackintosh before providing a S/N to see what happens.
The Apple support engineer in Germany said "Apple does not support Hackintoshes", and that was that. The guy sounded
surprised as well, as if I was the first person with a Hackintosh he ever spoke to.

I'll try again in a couple days and provide a S/N first. I'm not very comfortable having to be sneaky and bending the truth
to get Apple support fixing this issue, though. But I really don't want to spend 5 grand on a Mac pro either ;)

Andrej

@gabara

Thanks for posting your feedback ... sorry to hear you got rejected 1st time round ... thats the first case reported here ....

It makes sense to try and not let on its a hack until you have no choice, only give S/N if your asked for it, hopefully you will have better luck next time .... let us know either way.

Good Luck
Jay

@Virgo

Ok, well that is odd .... having a totally different UUID & S/N should work on second install .... did you make sure you booted with -f after removing FileNVRAM for /Extra ?

Cheers
Jay

I made everything according to part one and part second instruction.
In org.chameleon.Boot.plist UseKernelCache=No. Also I used -f after remove nvram.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx.plist, but not FileNVRAM from modules.
I will experiment still and I won't tire you.
As soon as at me will appear any results, I will surely report.
P.S. Excuse for my English.

Thanks for the How-To !
It was a bit long for me to do this (because i'm not english so i have some difficulties to understand quickly), but it worked well ! This is the first tweak I do on my recent Hackintosh :)
Great thanks ^^

Miles

I tried all the options in this guide but it wouldn't work for me until i did the following:

I was getting the "An error occurred during activation. Try again".

What I did was logged into another Apple ID this seemed to clear that activation error. I then signed out and signed back in with my main iMessage Apple ID. I now got the following error:

"To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below."

I looked online and noticed on Apples support pages it says this error is because "Apple doesn't have all the required information for iMessage on the Apple ID" or something like that.

What I did is logged this account into iTunes and added a debit card number to the account. I then tried to sign in with my Apple ID again in iMessage and it worked fine.

TLDR: Try a different Apple ID and sign back out, make sure you have a Credit/Debit card linked to your Apple ID.

I tried all the options in this guide but it wouldn't work for me until i did the following:

What I did was logged into another Apple ID this seemed to clear that activation error. I then signed out and signed back in with my main iMessage Apple ID. I now got the following error:

What I did is logged this account into iTunes and added a debit card number to the account. I then tried to sign in with my Apple ID again in iMessage and it worked fine.

@haynzee

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad that iMessage is working for you.

Both using an alternative AppleID and adding/updating a Credit Card are covered in the very first step (Step-1) in part 1 of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

@yuchen1211

Is this on your Sony Laptop ?, please post feedback on your call to Apple.

Cheers
Jay

@Jay

Sorry for my late reply for being busy this week. Yes, it's my Sony Laptop.

I just upgraded to Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM.dylib 1.1.3. Then I found my credit card information in App Store was missing(I thought I filled it before and couldn't remember when it was removed). After adding credit card information I tried to login to iMessage service and it work!!

I think the missing credit card information may be the main failure reason of iMessage service in my case. It also seems it may not be necessary to call Apple to remove the lock-out when got a customer code. Just re-check the AppleID account and make sure every necessary information is provided and the account status is verified. Hope my experience can be of some help.

Cheers,
yuchen1211

@Jay

Sorry for my late reply for being busy this week. Yes, it's my Sony Laptop.

I just upgraded to Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM.dylib 1.1.3. Then I found my credit card information in App Store was missing(I thought I filled it before and couldn't remember when it was removed). After adding credit card information I tried to login to iMessage service and it work!!

@yuchen1211

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad everything is working ok for you ....

I also installed all the latest updates this week on my Sony SE2 Monkeybook and everything is working perfect, I've updated the main guide with a link to the update method here:-

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey, you cannot do anything about it, it is a weakness of this forum engine. Even if you copy the link taken from the post number (top right corner of each post) you get a link that depends on the user settings...

That is why I say you should have a full-sized article here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/section/3-guides.html

@rad-we

Thanks again for your feedback, as you may have already noticed, I've been in touch with the forum moderators and they have moved Part-2 of the guide to directly follow Part-1 of the guide on Page 1 which should make things a bit more logical for users of the guide.

As for url links to posts with-in a thread, I've found that you can still use the url link form the post number (top right corner) however when you paste the url you need to remove the hyphen and the page number (eg '-41). Then when you click on the link it will go to the 1st post of the thread and then 'jump' to the correct post number. Hope this tip helps you and others.

Cheers
Jay

Back