Contribute
Register
I tried all the steps but iMessage does not work, it says "A problem occured during activation. Please try again". How should I fix it. I tried all the steps in the guide but it does not work.

I tried all the steps but iMessage does not work, it says "A problem occured during activation. Please try again". How should I fix it. I tried all the steps in the guide but it does not work.

@purvaudai

Without any more information its difficult to diagnose ....

The guide covers almost all issues that can cause the error that your seeing, sometimes you need to work through the guide more than once. Try Step 3 and remove all message setup data, make sure your account is verified if not check Step 1. Try upgrading to Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.3.

Cheers
Jay

i followed all the step until n°7 and now it works!!!!

Great guide!!!

Thank you very much!

I have a problem with imessagge and facetime works perfectly even if (it's very strange) when I change my apple id password, sometimes stops working and the only way to reciprocate password is there a way to fix this?

Tried everything by going step by step.

My iMessage and all apple apps were fully working on 10.9.1, but I just performed the 10.9.3 update.

This was successful, and all my other functionality is intact, but I can't use iMessage (Messages), can't get into the App Store (opens, but no content is displayed and it freezes) or Facetime (app will not open).

Messages gives me the following alert when I click on the icon to open it: "Messages Quit Unexpectedly". As stated, I have performed all the steps here, and have triple checked my UUID is correct. This error is the same I have been seeing since updating to 10.9.3. Nothing I've tried has changed it.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Ben

Update: My configuration: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i5 4670K, GTX 770 (2GB)

Tried everything by going step by step.

My iMessage and all apple apps were fully working on 10.9.1, but I just performed the 10.9.3 update.

This was successful, and all my other functionality is intact, but I can't use iMessage (Messages), can't get into the App Store (opens, but no content is displayed and it freezes) or Facetime (app will not open).

Messages gives me the following alert when I click on the icon to open it: "Messages Quit Unexpectedly". As stated, I have performed all the steps here, and have triple checked my UUID is correct. This error is the same I have been seeing since updating to 10.9.3. Nothing I've tried has changed it.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Ben

Update: My configuration: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i5 4670K, GTX 770 (2GB)

@Ben

Sorry to read that things didn't work out with the 10.9.3 update, I've updated six systems to 10.9.3, Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM V1.1.3 and all are working perfect. The error your getting when starting iMessage could indicate some sort of corruption, either with the messages app and/or its supporting processes and/or its configuration data.

If it where me I would perform all of Step 3 and clear all the old configuration data. delete nvram.uuid.plist in /Extra, reboot and load osx with -f and try again.

If that doesn't work and your sure that your UUID/SN .... etc are all ok then try downloading and installing 10.9.3 combo update again, its possible that the corruption occurred during your update.

Good luck
Cheers
Jay

@Ben

Sorry to read that things didn't work out with the 10.9.3 update, I've updated six systems to 10.9.3, Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM V1.1.3 and all are working perfect. The error your getting when starting iMessage could indicate some sort of corruption, either with the messages app and/or its supporting processes and/or its configuration data.

If it where me I would perform all of Step 3 and clear all the old configuration data. delete nvram.uuid.plist in /Extra, reboot and load osx with -f and try again.

If that doesn't work and your sure that your UUID/SN .... etc are all ok then try downloading and installing 10.9.3 combo update again, its possible that the corruption occurred during your update.

Good luck
Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the speedy reply Jay!

I'll give it another go, with your recommendations. Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ben

Working here after a few months without iMessage! My bios had the Sid bug, now it's fixed! Thank you guys :thumbup:

Back