Contribute
Register
How is the current state?

1. Do we need a valid serial or can we use a non valid?
2. How do I generate a good MLB? I used simpleMLB before to generate with serial at the end (non valid one).
3. I'm using uuidgen to get SMUIID.
4. I took the rom value from the last part of the uuid.
5. I can't find any valid, but non registered serials.
6. I don't have a supported wifi card.

I tried it before, but I always get iMessage can't be set up on this Mac at this time.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

You have not bothered to read the Guide have you? It's all there.

@esafeddie But i just signed out of iCloud and now it works... untill i sign in again...
You will continue to have problems because like I said that value is the Board's generic default value, you have to create one that is unique and inject it into your config.plist via Clover Configurator. If you don't believe me, just place the value C0214030*****T31M in the search pane or google it and see the results.

Most motherboards will default to that value and you can imagine what would happen security wise if Apple allows multiple builds with the same C0214030*****T31M on their Servers. That will be the same cloning fiasco that happened a while back with multiple builds logging in with the same serial numbers that forced Apple to enforce a lock down with real Macs, Hacks and ID's being black listed. Hope this helps you to understand that you need to read the Guide and do it the correct way - Good luck.

@esafeddie omg i feel stuppid right now...
I followed the tutoral and changed it.

Now i cant sent messages out :eek: I have read the page about MLB like 3 times now

Okay i can sent and recive and sent messages now. will it be safe to login in icloud?
Also a noob question... will it load all my old messages?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-05-05 om 20.29.29.png
    Schermafbeelding 2016-05-05 om 20.29.29.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
@esafeddie omg i feel stuppid right now...
I followed the tutoral and changed it.

Now i cant sent messages out :eek: I have read the page about MLB like 3 times now

Did you follow the Golden Rule to log out of all Apple Services before making the change? I bet you didn't. One thing to try, log out of all services you're logged into especially iCloud, remove your ethernet cable or disable WiFi and stay off line until you finish this task - Run iMsg DeBugger or DarwinDumper, make a note of the generated values now reboot the machine and run iMsg DeBugger and again note the generated values with the first results (do this process at least three times including the reboots) if the values remain constant between the reboots, Go back on line and attempt the logins on all Apple Services.

Did you follow the Golden Rule to log out of all Apple Services before making the change? I bet you didn't. One thing to try, log out of all services you're logged into especially iCloud, remove your ethernet cable or disable WiFi and stay off line until you finish this task - Run iMsg DeBugger or DarwinDumper, make a note of the generated values now reboot the machine and run iMsg DeBugger and again note the generated values with the first results (do this process at least three times including the reboots) if the values remain constant between the reboots, Go back on line and attempt the logins on all Apple Services.

Now it's waiting for my older messages to load :)
Can i buy you a beer? :clap:

You have not bothered to read the Guide have you? It's all there.

I read the guide a couple of times. My problem is, that I can not find any valid serial numbers. I get the following outputs:
1. Real Mac serial number with warranty information
2. Serial number not valid

I never get the message: We are sorry, the number you entered can not be found in our records.
My first question is, can I use a non valid serial according to Apple self solve site?

Also, I'm injecting system-id and SMUUID, even though my board does not have the Sid bug.

Here is my iMessage debug output (non valid serial number):

Code:
Model: MacBookPro11,1
           Board-id: Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC
       SerialNumber: C02L3LQDFGYY
      Hardware UUID: 4F6F5F2F-D730-5BEF-BE3E-3F879E272E2B

System-ID: BFC7D3AC-B380-4BA6-829B-E576C9E6872A
                ROM: e576c9e6872a
  BoardSerialNumber: C02L3LQDFGYYEG9TZ

Gq3489ugfi: 3f6fd35bf8b4ee269fc51eba6466725e19
          Fyp98tpgj: db669cd2d1c6d02be9ca0a1d5e5bb5a4e6
         kbjfrfpoJU: 6e3e6c8c647480542279c122bb71dec7e9
       oycqAZloTNDm: 69eef5bfff1cc7846cdf9f4290f4059a83
       abKPld1EcMni: 5e422d70e9fc71a63e2ab2066f1e6b668d

I used clover configurator to generate the serial. For the MLB I added 5 random characters to my serial number according to the guide. For my uuid, I ran uuidgen a couple of times in the terminal. Rom was taken from the last part of the uuid.
MLB was injected in the RT variables section, not the smbios.

I'm using the MacBookPro11,1 identification, because Clover configurator does not support Broadwell identifiers (MacBookPro12,1). I'm running the Intel Core i5-5200U in my Laptop.

At the end I always get the error message: iMessage can not be set up on this Mac at this time.

I think it has something to do with the serial or the MLB.

Hope you can help me with this.

My iMessage has just kicked me out and saying "An error occurred during activation". Been working fine for months, until today.

I just upgraded to El Capitan and Clover. I had iMessage working in the OS X version before Yosemite but it stopped working in the upgrade to Yosemite. Now, My iMessage works sometimes for sending/receiving with some people and doesn't work with sending/receiving for other people - other times it just tries to send SMSes (I had forwarding turned on but turned it off) - it also syncs to my iPhone sometimes, and sometimes does not. I don't have any problems signing into iMessage on Messages.

Oddly, iMessage worked briefly with no problems after my clean install of El Capitan to a new SSD. I could iMessage people and it would sync to my iPhone. A restart caused it to be intermittent and unreliable.

Since it became unreliable, I've logged out of all iCloud, Generated a SMUUID, deleted all plist configuration files, and no dice. Still intermittent.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Any ideas for a solution? It's concerning to me that it works fully and syncs to my phone with some people, but doesn't work or sync with others. How would that even be possible?

Last edited:
My iMessage has just kicked me out and saying "An error occurred during activation". Been working fine for months, until today.

If you say its been working ok before for months, then obviously something has changed at your end to cause the activation error. Check your injected values has not changed also another area to look at, albeit remote, your modem hasn't changed the mac address and is broadcasting something different (been known to happen). Good luck.

Back