Contribute
Register
@shesmovedon,

See post #3629 - do not specify Board Serial Number on SMBIOS page if injecting self made MLB via RT Variables page.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thanks for replying, I'm not generating random MLB or ROM, I opened imessage debug and grabbed the values from there (also confirmed with the tool on CloverConfig.), I'm just placing them in RT variables right now and I can login to the messages app but not to imessage ("An error occurred during activation. Try again"). My SmUUID was generated with the console command (I did it a couple times toget better randomization).

Hi

I've actually managed to solve my issue. I noticed that the generated MLB was 17 digits long where as my cloned ones were 13. All I did was deleted 4 digits off the end of the generated MLB and rebooted, much to my surprise this actually worked, iMessage logged straight in. I also ran iMessage debug to make sure that in fact I was running the generated / modified values and I am. I actually cannot believe that deleting the 4 values has actually worked without having to call apple. Will it last? Time will tell.

Give it a try. Have a look at how many digits your generated values are.

Cheers

Cameron

They're 17 digits long. Which device you've selected in SMBIOS? I use MBP 8.1/8.2. I'll try choping characters later today.

Edit. After changing values to shorter ones I got support call error code and info that my account can't be used to activate iMessage. So... It's better :)

Edit2. Tried creating new account. Still getting error code for support. So my values are bad or just need to register S/N.

They're 17 digits long. Which device you've selected in SMBIOS? I use MBP 8.1/8.2. I'll try choping characters later today.
I'm using iMac 13,2

Edit. After changing values to shorter ones I got support call error code and info that my account can't be used to activate iMessage. So... It's better :)
This is ok, you just need to call apple to get the MLB white-listed. They may demand a serial so keep one on standby or use the line I always use "Sorry I'm not actually at home right now" or wait until work hours and say "Sorry I'm actually at work right now and don't get home until after you close." Both of those have worked for me.

Edit2. Tried creating new account. Still getting error code for support. So my values are bad or just need to register S/N.
No, creating a new account doesn't fix that error. The error has nothing to do with the S/N.

Cheers

Cameron

First up, thanks for the guide. After struggling for days and days after re-installing OS X on my notebook and unfortunately not having a backup of my working clover values from before I went back through it today and started over.
- I generated a valid but unused sn for a mbpro 11,1
- I left my smbios as a macbook air 6,2 though cause that works better with my p-states (I hope that's ok?)
- Thinking that I've been trying a lot of different things lately I generated a fresh SmUUID
- My ROM is the MAC of my wireless (which is checked as built in)
- My MLB is the SN with additional digits to make it 17 characters (its a 12 digit SN)
-I've also got the boardSN in there, which is the SN with extra characters as well (should I remove the MLB?)
-Account verified,
-CC data is in

I'm getting the customer code every time I try and log in. Can anyone notice what I missed?

Thanks guys,

First up, thanks for the guide. After struggling for days and days after re-installing OS X on my notebook and unfortunately not having a backup of my working clover values from before I went back through it today and started over.

-I've also got the boardSN in there, which is the SN with extra characters as well

@mssmison,

As already detailed three times in the last two pages, leave 'Board serial No' (on SMBIOS Page) empty if your injecting MLB & ROM via RT Variables page.

I think a lot of people are getting confused between using manually injected MLB & ROM values and Clovers Configurator's ID generator. Do not Specify MLB & ROM if using CC's generator which uses a new method for creating the ID's as detailed towards the end of Step-5d.

My recommendation is to always manually inject MLB & ROM via RT Variables page, I'll try and make this a little clearer in the Version 2.0 of the guide which i'm working on right now and should be released real soon.

Cheers
Jay

Not working for me. I did step 5 and I used a random MLB number and the ROM from my MAC address but iMessage and FaceTime are not working
Captura de pantalla 2015-02-18 13.46.21.png

So after giving up fixing iMessage on my hack i decided today to restart and at least try to make it work again on my hackintosh laptop. After smashing the mouse button to create a totally unique S/N with Clovers Magic Wand i wanted to check if its a registered one or not. I accessed Apple's SelfSolve website through the "About my Mac" Window and what happened was really crazy. Out of the air the S/N of my HP-Hackintosh (not the Laptop one) appeared as registered (well not completely, they still want the date when i bought it to confirm the S/N). Could this happen because i called AppleCare to unlock iMessage using the Code? In fact i gave them the created S/N but now the SelfSolve Website shows that it's registered... Could this mean that i should retry?

For me, iMessage is fixed on the 2 machines.
Both Yosemite clean installed in November with fake S/N (Clover). iMessage never worked (no other problem. AppStore, icloud ok).
Did nothing, except to retry last week (no longer the message box telling to call Apple with a number).

I still have a small problem. When I startup the computers with iMessage open, I get only the last iMessage (or Texto) for each conversation.
After closing down and restarting iMessage, it is showing all the history.

Not a big problem, but if someone know how to fix.
Thanks in advance for your help

I still have a small problem. When I startup the computers with iMessage open, I get only the last iMessage (or Texto) for each conversation.
After closing down and restarting iMessage, it is showing all the history.

Not a big problem, but if someone know how to fix.
Thanks in advance for your help

I guess you can't have everything. :)

Back