Contribute
Register
Please Help.

1. Do i need an original S/N for iMessage to work?

2. if not please help in creating the valid S/N for my desktop. i once called apple to give them a customer code during November 2015 and the assistant said that my serial no. is not valid, please confirm it. Then i wondered if you guys are using real S/N.

3. It wont be fruitful for me to focus on MLB and ROM while the main problem is with authentic S/N.

1. Yes. The guide explains that you need a unique S/N, and how to go to an Apple page to make sure your S/N is unique. If the Apple page matches your S/N to an existing computer, you can't use it. There are two separate messages, one of which is good (valid number that can't be found in their database) and bad (invalid number).

2&3: the guide explains how to generate these numbers. I realize the guide is very long and this process is very time consuming and frustrating. However, it's not as bad as it looks; there are a lot of variables, so not all of it will apply to you. In other words, you can skip some sections.

Unfortunately there's no fast or easy way around reading the guide.

Hi, just followed the guide a couple times after not being successful with activating iMessage. In a nutshell, here is what I did:

• Created a new serial that is specific to my product name and is verified by apple server (recognized, not linked to any osx)
  • Checked that my bios was creating a proper ID, and then generated an SmUUID with the command found on the guide. Pasted on Clover configurator under appropriate segment.
  • restarted, then made sure that ROM and MLB are persistent after reboots with imessage debug. After that, I pasted ROM and MLB under RT Variables under Clover configurator, also pasted the MLB on SMBIOS ("Board Serial Number").
  • after a failed first attempt (i could login and then attempt to send a message, but was told that imessage wasnt logged in, I tried and it sais "failed activation"), I deleted the cache files as advised on the guide, with no luck.
  • Made sure my account was verified (it has a creditcard) and my network devices start from en0 and are sequential (in my case, en0, en1, en2).
I can login to icloud, AppStore without problems. Now after another reboot, I get a fail to activate on the first login screen of Messages app.

What are the further troubleshooting steps? thanks for the guide!

Hi, just followed the guide a couple times ...... After that, I pasted ROM and MLB under RT Variables under Clover configurator, also pasted the MLB on SMBIOS ("Board Serial Number").

@shesmovedon,

See post #3629 - do not specify Board Serial Number on SMBIOS page if injecting self made MLB via RT Variables page.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the info but i have another question,

Do i have to change the last 12 digits of the SmUUID to my en0 MAC Address? I think i have read this somewhere... Also i have always thought that the SmUUID is the Hardware UUID in the System Profiler, but when i leave the Custom UUID in Clover blank it generates a random Hardware UUID and uses the SmUUID as the System ID (IOREG/iMessage Debug). On the other side when i enter a generated UUID as Custom UUID (System Parameters), SmUUID (SMBIOS) becomes the Hardware UUID (Profiler) and Custom UUID (System Parameters) the System ID (IOREG/iMessage Debug).

@quantumproject,

Not really, if you use Clover Configurators ID generator then it will do that but it isn't necessary - as long as SmUUID is unique and follows the correct format you'll be fine - SmUUID is normally burned into your Mobo as the System-ID which is used by all OS's (windows, linux .. etc) as a key to generate a OS or Hardware UUID from.

Best never to inject Hardware UUID via custom UUiD - always let OSX generate it. See Part-2 of the guide for more info on the SmUUID. I aways use uuidgen to generate Smuuid and inject via Clover regardless if the BIOS suffers from the SId bug.

Cheers
Jay

@shesmovedon,

See post #3629 - do not specify Board Serial Number on SMBIOS page if injecting self made MLB via RT Variables page.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Tried same steps but without writing anything on RT Variables page. Have checked Clover config.plist to verify that key has been gone. Still error "unable to activate" without customer code. S/N proper but not registered, account validated (iMessage working long time ago, on different machine), credit card added. Any idea? Blocked account or something?

Tried same steps but without writing anything on RT Variables page. Have checked Clover config.plist to verify that key has been gone. Still error "unable to activate" without customer code. S/N proper but not registered, account validated (iMessage working long time ago, on different machine), credit card added. Any idea? Blocked account or something?

I think me and you are stuck at the same issue.

ERROR.jpg

Attachments

• ERROR.tiff
    242 KB · Views: 126
@Cameron Nicholson
Exactly. That's my error (just using other language version so couldn't give original message).

@Cameron Nicholson
Exactly. That's my error (just using other language version so couldn't give original message).

Hi

I've actually managed to solve my issue. I noticed that the generated MLB was 17 digits long where as my cloned ones were 13. All I did was deleted 4 digits off the end of the generated MLB and rebooted, much to my surprise this actually worked, iMessage logged straight in. I also ran iMessage debug to make sure that in fact I was running the generated / modified values and I am. I actually cannot believe that deleting the 4 values has actually worked without having to call apple. Will it last? Time will tell.

Give it a try. Have a look at how many digits your generated values are.

Cheers

Cameron

You guys will try every shortcut except the way which is clearly laid out.

Walril,

Nuff said.

Back