Contribute
Register
I Use clover , install Yosemite 10.10.1 , my system report imessage debug System-ID: failed .... how to repair this fail ? , in clover add Smuuid and appears as Hardware UUID in imessage debug.

In iojones - efi - platform ... I no have system id ....

where is the error?

@All,

iMessage continues to work on all my systems and those that i have set up for friends.

However there does seem to be an ever increasing collection of new posts reporting that after following the guide and getting the contact Apple message with a consistent Customer Code, iMessage is still not working.

In my mind there can only be a few reasons for this ...

As already posted by some it's possible that Apple have modified something on their backend severs which is now causing this issue ... some possibilities may include the use of the MAC address's ....which i think is unlikely given that Apple still have to support for a lot of 3rd party Nic's or implementing further cross-referencing of existing/logged ID's resulting in ID miss-matches which i think is more likely.

I'm still a bit suspicious of Clover new MLB & ROM Injection, were the MLB is derived form the System Board S/N and ROM is the last 6 bytes of the SmUUID. All my systems are still using the RT Variables method of injection for MLB & ROM ... i'm using Clover r2999.

I'd like to get some stats from those of you who believe that everything is correct and have already contacted Apple and removed the lock-out but still can not get iMessage to work, hopefully we can work out some commonality and identify whats going on ...

iMessage setup survey ..

1. Which method of MLB & ROM injection are you using - New or RT Variables ?
2. Are you injecting SmUUID ? via Clover's SMBIOS page ?
3. Is your ROM value a NIC MAC address or other ?
3. How did you generate your OSX S/N - Clover's magic wand or Chameleon Wizard ?
4. Which Macintosh System Type are you using - (Eg MacPro 3,1) ?
5. Do you have 11 or 12 digit S/N ? and/or 16/17 digit MLB ?
6. What revision of Clover are you Using ?

Please keep reply post and answers short and direct so i can consolidate the survey

Cheers
Jay

my system report imessage debug System-ID: failed .... how to repair this fail ? , in clover add Smuuid and appears as Hardware UUID in imessage debug ..... In iojones - efi - platform ... I no have system id ....

@xerox24,

Ensure you enter your System-Id value in the 'SmUUID' field on the SMBIOS page in Clover Configurator and make sure 'Inject System-id' is checked on the System Parameters page and 'Custom UUID' is empty.

Download iMessage Debug V2 attachment from Part-1 of the guide which will show System-Id value - See News on main guide.

Cheers
Jay

I have an old macbook 2,1 (late 2006).

Can I use the ROM and MLB to use it with Clover?

Both iMessage scripts gave me a seg fault, so how can I find out these numbers on my old macbook?

@madman1234,

I would not recommend it, Since GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard will not work with macbook 2,1 which is acent in hardware terms .... your almost certainly going to cause a ID miss-match if you use those ID's with and newer system Type (I use iMac 13,1 with GA-Z77X-UD5H) ...

What System Type are you currently using ?

Cheers
Jay

The system I have problems with is a fresh Yosemite install from this weekend. It was my first successful Clover installation.

I actually did both. Which may be wrong.

Yes. One generated with the command uuidgen.

The MAC address of my Ethernet interface (as shows the Network Utility) is different from the last 12 characters from the SmUUID.

3. How did you generate your OSX S/N - Clover's magic wand or Chameleon Wizard ?

Clover magic wand, with a couple of shakes.

iMac 12,1

S/N is 12 characters long. MLB (Board Serial Number) is actually 16 characters, though I thought it was 17. Maybe I forgot a character. Is it okay if it is just 16 characters long?

I belive it's 3021.

I finally solved cant connect and cant activate with your steps from guide, now I get to contact support message. Thing is that I contacted them yesterday, we were like 2 and a half hours on phone and they still couldnt fix this for me, what could be wrong ? :crazy:
My ROM is my ethernet MAC, my MLB is my S/N+5random letter/numbers.
Yes, got it from terminal with that random id command and replaced last 12 digits with my ROM(my ether mac), so its like 14734537-BDB8-446C-B35E-MAC_DIGITS
Answered below, yes, It is my NIC Mac address.
As Im using clover, I generated it with clovers magic wand and few shakes of those 2 buttons, I checked on apple warranty website and its valid.
iMac13,2
Its 12 digit S/N, and 17 digit MLB.
Im using latest clover 3021.

@tovkal, @allexki,

Thanks guys, perfect answers ...

@All,

If your suffering similar issues to above please see post #2318 and supply feedback.

Cheers
Jay

Mac OS X 10.9.5

both ...

generated using uuidgen in terminal

my Ethernet ports MAC address

Clovers Magic Wand & taken the last 4 digits from OSX S/N suffix list.

iMac 13,2

12 digits s/n & 17 digits MLB

In Parameters CustomUUID field is empty, Inject System ID is selected

I guess is RT Variables, at least I filled these fields in Clover
Yes, generated by uuidgen. I dind't use the NIC MAC as last digits
NIC MAC "<xxxxxxxxxxxx>"
4. How did you generate your OSX S/N - Clover's magic wand or Chameleon Wizard ?
Used clover's magic wand with a few shakes. Checked the generated S/N in apple self care. All good.
5. Which Macintosh System Type are you using - (Eg MacPro 3,1) ?
iMac13,2 as I have a z77 + i5 3570k system
6. Do you have 11 or 12 digit S/N ? and/or 16/17 digit MLB ?
12 digit S/N + 17 digit MLB (last 5 digits random)
7. What revision of Clover are you Using ?
Installer version: v2k r3021 EFI bootloader

I'm getting consistent values on every boot, and same customer code after calling apple 2 times

I am getting the customer code, called apple, they removed the lock but the lock is still there.

@All,

iMessage setup survey ..

New

Yes, generated via uuidgen

the last 6 bytes of the SMUUID

Chameleon Wizard. I am using iMac 12,1 definition and I had to shake it very often, because almost all SN# were official ones...

iMac 13,1

S/N=12 digits
MLB = 17 digits

Jay

Back