Contribute
Register
seems to be related to Apples servers.

Got iMessage working for a long time. Got locked out on my Hackintosh in September after updating my iPad to iOS 8. iMessage kept working on my iPad and iPhone. I ensured MLB, ROM and so on stayed the same on my Hack after rebooting. Called Apple, gave them the code and they unblocked me. iMessage kept working on my Hack until I updated my iPhone to iOS 8 in October. So I got the same message in iMessage I got in September again (call Apple and the same code while iPad and iPhone where still able to use iMessage). I did not call them because I wanted to ensure no iOS-updates were incoming for some time (because they lock me out on my Hack after updating for some reason; at least major iOS releases). Now after upgrading to 10.10.1 (and iOS 8.1.1) I wanted to call them but I do not get the message with the code anymore. I just get the "error during activation. Try again."-message. I noted the code in the past because it stayed the same anyway but since they do not seem to be able to unblock anyone right now I assume it is related to their servers. iMessage still works on my iPhone and iPad. I am coming from Germany, use Clover, iCloud/Appstore/iTunes works flawless on my Hack and the S/N was generated a long time ago if it matters...

Using the info from my MBP on my iMac 14,2 setup worked. I had to inject the ROM in RT Variables since it differed from the last digits of the SmUUID. I also injected the MLB for good measure.

@All,

To those of you that are experiencing login/authentication issues even after applying all the fixes, you have persistent MLB, ROM and valid OSX S/N and SmUUID.

I've been looking in to this by following the route one use used to get to the contact customer code ...

In this particular case, the user had multiple attempts at fixing each issue, i think it possible that one or more of the ID's have been black-listed whist the other are ok

Example ..

After going through the guide It possible that some users had valid MLB & ROM values .... but the OSX S/N is not valid (either black-listed or incorrect for system type) ... Subsequently the user discovers issue with OSX S/N and generate new ... this time they get Contact Apple Message.

After Activation iMessage works until new logout/login ...

On next login the ROM and/or MLB value have been to found to match more than one S/N ... so MLB & ROM are flagged or black-listed.

It's only a theory but i think it's quite possible....

Let me know if this works ... and i'll expand the method a bit and put it in the guide ..

Cheers
Jay

I will try it this evening. I am using an older h55 with a iMac12,1 S/N- I think that is what may be causing my issues. I will create a totally new ID. The apple rep stated that it looked like it should be working on her end, So I think this may work.

Using the info from my MBP on my iMac 14,2 setup worked. I had to inject the ROM in RT Variables since it differed from the last digits of the SmUUID. I also injected the MLB for good measure.

Besides the security issues mentioned in the guide, what problems can arise from using the values from an owned device on the hack? Any issue with the System Type mismatch? Or using both of them at the same time?

Besides the security issues mentioned in the guide, what problems can arise from using the values from an owned device on the hack? Any issue with the System Type mismatch? Or using both of them at the same time?

@tovkal,

It's not recommended for the reasons out-lined in the guide, some users who have used their own Real MAC's S/N have managed to get the S/N black-listed .. so be careful and yes Apple do seem to be cross referencing the OS X S/N prefix & suffix with the System Type looking for miss-matched ID's.

Cheers
Jay

@tovkal,

It's not recommended for the reasons out-lined in the guide, some users who have used their own Real MAC's S/N have managed to get the S/N black-listed .. so be careful and yes Apple do seem to be cross referencing the OS X S/N prefix & suffix with the System Type looking for miss-matched ID's.

Cheers
Jay

On the plus side, if I have an issue, I completely own the system. So I won't have any problems calling about it. :)

I also don't rely on that for iMessage. It's mostly on my work machine that I really have a need for it. It takes up a lot of time to have to switch to my phone in order to reply to text messages while I'm working.

I tried this, and unfortunately it did not work. A few things:

1.) I continued to get the "Try again." message with the values provided by Clover Configurator. The only way to get an actual customer support code was to replace my MLB with my serial number + a few random characters to get a 17-character value. The error then changed to the "Contact Apple" message.

2.) I've called Apple multiple times, but iMessage gives the same error (with the same code) each time, no matter how many times they try to active it on their end.

Thanks, I was stuck on "An error occured during activation. Try again." message.
My MLB was generated by clover configurator. Changed mine as you did and I have now "Contact Apple" message.
But no sure I will call them, looks like the phone call doesn't fix the iMessage problem anymore :(

But now what shall I do since I get the same code each time I try to log in? I'm puzzled.

Should I get new values again?

ROM: what about this value? I used the MAC address of my network card, but I guess that even if I reinstall this value will remain the same and therefore I will not be able to use it, correct? what alternative do I have?

euhhh help? :)

You may be on to something with ROM. I've been looking at various stable configurations (persists through upgrade to 10.10.1) and reinstalls and have found something interesting. It appears that the stable ROM values are all derived from the last segment of the SmUUID (12 digits, 6 bytes). The ROM being Hex utilizes lower case letters, where the SmUUID would be all capitals.

It is also possible that the Hardware UUID may hold some checksums that are mathematically not compatible with the Model and/or Serial Number. I know a lot of folks think that their system should be a MacPro, but if its based upon LGA1150 architecture, Apple may be seeing this incompatibility from within the Hardware ID or another mechanism. Any of which could be the culprit in this case.

So the closest you can match your Hacks architecture to an existing Mac Model, the better. Utilize the serial guidelines designated for that Mac Model from Jay's guide , and when generating a new ROM value, utilize the last segment of your newly generated SmUUID (12 digits).

As always Jay truly is the author of note when it comes to iMessage functionality on Hacks. So I would wait for him to peruse through this thought before proceeding.

Regards,

P.S. If you continue to have to make phone calls to Apple, utilize the Apple Support Care Case Number that was provided you when you first started your conversation. If you don't have a case number, have one assigned. This way you will not have to provide lots of the back story over and over again.

P.S.S. The ROM value being equivalent to the last 12 digits of the SmUUID, is Clover's new mechanism for injection.

Last edited:
Add me to that count, I fixed all the issues and finally decided to get Apple to unblock my ID but they haven't been able to. They are going to call me back tomorrow to do more troubleshooting. Not sure what I can do on my end but they haven't been able to fix it.

Same here...

Back