Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you also tried to use the alternative config.plist attached in #post 216, right?

Well lets wait on the reply of @Obecny , @GDS , @wayne2401 .

I cannot help you more at this point.

With the BIOS settings above and EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip, the USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 installer/Updater just works flawless with the ASUS X99-A II and i7-6950X. I just verified it once more by downloading EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip and subsequently successfully booting the USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 Installer/Updater.

You have the TB PCIe card removed, right? And you also just use one graphics card, right? No additional PCIe cards, right?

Cheers,

KGP
Thank you, I really appreciate your help. I do have the thunderbolt card removed, only 1 GPU no other PCI devices, I have the proc, GPU, ram and Samsung NVME SSD Samsung EVO 950 1TiB nothing else. (maybe I get an X99A-II)

I'll keep an eye out for responses

I have just noticed my bios is older as I have 1601, patched!
I have attached here my bios settings in txt and also a file with asus profile you can load if you have matched bios 1601, keep in mind I have 6900k

Wow, your settings are no where near a match to KGP's settings. I'll match to you with 1701, and then see what happens.

I have just noticed my bios is older as I have 1601, patched!
I have attached here my bios settings in txt and also a file with asus profile you can load if you have matched bios 1601, keep in mind I have 6900k

@Obecny, I realized that you have the ASUS Multicore Enhancement: Enabled. Shouldn't it be disabled?
@duckgrossberg , Obecny has CPU C-States [Auto] , EHCI Hand-off [Disabled]. Maybe you find more differences... In any case note that he also has Intel Thunderbolt Technology [Disabled] , which is absolutely correct for the PB3/DP4 clean install.

Cheers,

KGP

Wow, your settings are no where near a match to KGP's settings. I'll match to you with 1701, and then see what happens.

@duckgrossberg, the above comment is absolute nonsense, sorry! @Obecny 's settings are identical with mine except those points mentioned in #post 244 above!

Don't distribute misleading and wrong statements and comments, which just further confuse the reader! :mad:

You are already shaking this thread enough with your particular issues and problems! :crazy:

Cheers,

KGP

@Obecny, I realized that you have the ASUS Multicore Enhancement: Enabled. Shouldn't it be disabled?
@duckgrossberg , Obecny has CPU C-States [Auto] , EHCI Hand-off [Disabled]. Maybe you find more differences... In any case note that he also has Intel Thunderbolt Technology [Disabled] , which is absolutely correct for the PB3/DP4 clean install.

Cheers,

KGP

When the thunderbolt card is not installed you don't have an option to enable or disable it, it just does not show up in the bios.
That is why I do not have the option to enable/disable. It just does not exist to the mobo when the card is not installed.

@Obecny, I can't boot with your bios settings, not even in to the sierra installer on my other thumb drive. com.apple.xpc.launchd gets stuck in a loop and will not allow the core system to mount.

I'm wondering now if something about BIOS v 1701 is the culprit with High Sierra.

@duckgrossberg, the above comment is absolute nonsense, sorry! @Obecny 's settings are identical with mine except those points mentioned in #post 244 above!

Don't distribute misleading and wrong statements and comments, which just further confuse the reader! :mad:

You are already shaking this thread enough with your particular issues and problems! :crazy:

Cheers,

KGP
Wow, not my intention at all. I apologize if I have seem upsetting or misleading.

pointing out there are several differences, you have been very adamant that in order to boot properly we follow your process precisely. Not trying to upset anyone or be difficult here, I am very eager and excited to see this work on the hardware I have.

This whole process is confusing at best to many people, I appreciate the info gathered her and the willingness of the community to share and work together.

Last edited:
Wow, not my intention at all. I apologize if I have seem upsetting or misleading.

Don't worry! :lol: Just be careful with your comments. :thumbup: They are read by everybody :!: The main differences between Obecny's and my settings are the OC and C-State settings :idea:. Obecny seems not to apply overclocking yet.

In any case, compare his settings entry by entry with yours and try to subsequently boot the PB3/DP4 installer. Don't forget and consider that he employs the i7-6900K, opposite to the i7-6950X we use! Before changing all your BIOS settings, save the former settings, in case u need them again for 10.12.6! You can also downgrade to 1601 and directly load his settings from osx1.CMO.zip.

Cheers and good luck, man! You will rock it !:thumbup:

KGP :wave:

P.S.: Don't forget to disable Intel Thunderbolt Technology also in your BIOS - Intel Thunderbolt Technology [Disabled] for the clean install procedure! If enabled and not properly set, it might cause the boot problems you still face at present! You removed the TB PCIe Card already anyway!

Last edited:
When the thunderbolt card is not installed you don't have an option to enable or disable it, it just does not show up in the bios.
That is why I do not have the option to enable/disable. It just does not exist to the mobo when the card is not installed.

@Obecny, I can't boot with your bios settings, not even in to the sierra installer on my other thumb drive. com.apple.xpc.launchd gets stuck in a loop and will not allow the core system to mount.

I'm wondering now if something about BIOS v 1701 is the culprit with High Sierra.

How did you transfer @Obecny ' s BIOS settings to your BIOS? Manually??? For sure your committed several errors by doing so! Also note that you have to account for the different processor and likely change some of his related settings! If in contrary, you loaded his 1601 settings under 1701 by means of osx1.CMO.zip, your settings will be corrupt. For the latter procedure you have the identical BIOS version with him! No culprit speculations concerning BIOS 1701 for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II! For sure BIOS 1701 works fine!

Again, please don't spread always misleading conclusions along this thread, only because your are not able to properly set the things!

Fact is that:

1.) EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip is working flawless
2.) My BIOS settings are working flawless (ASUS X99-A II, i7-6950X)
3.) @Obecny 's BIOS settings are working flawless (ASUS X99 Deluxe II, i7-6900K)
4.) BIOS versions 1601 and 1701 for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II are working flawless.

Don't blame 1) to 4) and try to set things properly, the errors are at your site!

You now have everything to successfully boot the PB3/DP4 installer on your rig. No further misleading speculations, conspiracy theories, chaotic confusions and annoying excuses please!

Cheers,

KGP :thumbup:

Last edited:
I decide to start from the scratch a new installation
With the version of the Apple Store and all the datas that you posted cause between my different modifications and my others stuffs (overclocking, and works I need to do)
I am pretty lost and didn't take notes , I know it is not pro :p
Will take picture of each parameters I have on the bios and what I made tiny different concerning the fact I have 2 graphic cards and a Xeon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back