give me a day
I will post results and GB scores

i want to transfer everything on my NVME SM961
for comparing the X.12.6 and X.13
it is raw results cause tons of programs dont work on high Sierra right now
:(

Great work, man!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Please summarize your additional modding for e5-2696v4 for all of us! :clap:

And many thanks for reporting success with EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip on your ASUS X99 Deluxe II mobo!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward in seeing your results and GB scores!

Cheers,

KGP :wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: GDS
just used your step by step process
so nothing extraordinary from my side ;)
i just changed the FakeCPUID by: 0x406F1
but with the 0x40674 it works
bu sometimes reboot (dont know why)

I join the PDF of the Xeon and their S-Spec
also for ssdtPRGen.sh
i dont use turbo or else
it is recognized directly

Great work, man!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Please summarize your additional modding for e5-2696v4 for all of us! :clap:

And many thanks for reporting success with EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip on your ASUS X99 Deluxe II mobo!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward in seeing your results and GB scores!

Cheers,

KGP :wave:

Attachments

• xeon-e5-v4-spec-update.pdf
    364 KB · Views: 465
Reactions: kgp
just used your step by step process
so nothing extraordinary from my side ;)
i just changed the FakeCPUID by: 0x406F1
but with the 0x40674 it works
bu sometimes reboot (dont know why)

I join the PDF of the Xeon and their S-Spec
also for ssdtPRGen.sh
i dont use turbo or else
it is recognized directly

But the "Type" entry in the "CPU" section of the Clover Configuration for Haswell-E v.4 is still the standard Haswell-E value of "0x0a01" ?

Summary and USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 Clean Install Proposal

The workgroup composition below should especially help all yet not successful users in contacting and interacting with those users, who already have been able to successfully boot an USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 Clean Installer/Upgrader by means of my distributed EFI folder and by following all instructions contained in my 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide (originating post of this thread).

I propose the following 5 working groups, whose members should interact with posts or private messages (also with me) in order to successfully boot with the respective mobo configurations a USB Flash Drive DP3/DP4 Clean Installer/Upgrader with the EFI folder contained in my EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip once more attached below. Note that I 100% successfully verified this EFI folder with the ASUS X99-A II (bios version 1701) and the i7-6950X (identical hardware configuration with yours) with respect to both PB3/DP4 clean install and PB3/DP4 Update from 10.12.16 and DP3.

Alternatively, one finds below in addition to EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip a simplified config.plist with all apparently critical MatchOS entries removed, just in case that somebody still encounters problems with the config.plist of the EFI folder contained in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip.

Note that all Broadwell-E users should be able to directly apply the EFI folder contained in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip as well as the alternative config.plist configuration without any further modifications. All Haswell-E users have to perform before the "CPU Type", "FakeCPUID" and "XCPM KernelToPatch Entry" changes indicated in the originating post of this thread (10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide). Further note, that the EFI folder already contains the most actual Clover Bootloader Configration (v. 4128)

Before performing the current USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 Clean Installer/Upgrader test and investigation, please check your BIOS settings with respect to those depicted in the originating post of this thread (10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide) and verify also that you posses the latest BIOS firmware version for your respective mobo configuration.

Proposed Workgroup Composition:

1.) ASUS X99-A II, ASUS X99-A

@kgp (i7-6950X) success, @dsm (i7-6950X) success, @ICEVISION (i7-6950X) , @hellowe (e5-2675 v3) , @Moviemaykr (i7-5820K) and @robinqu (i7-6850K) success

2.) ASUS X99 Deluxe II, ASUS X99 Deluxe

@Obecny (i7-6900K) success , @GDS (e5-2696v4) success, @wayne2401 (i7-6900K) sucess, @duckgrossberg (i7-6950X) ,@antagon (i7-6800K) and @dragoonchang (e5-2680v2)

3.) ASUS X99 Rampage V Edition 10

@dnetcrawler (i7-6900K) success and @SmariMo (i7-6950X)​

4.) ASUS X99 Sabertooth

@pete1959 (E5-2690) success and @Pears (i7-6950X)

5.) Gigabyte X99M

@pete1959 (i7-5960X) success

Success Feedback:

@kgp, @dsm - ASUS X99-A II, i7-6950X

@Obecny - #post 175, #post 192 , #post 203 and #post 207 - ASUS X99 Deluxe II, i7-6900K

@GDS - #post 217 , #post 220 and #post 222 - ASUS X99 Deluxe II, e5-2696v4

@wayne2401 - #post 6 - ASUS X99 Deluxe II, i7-6900K

@dnetcrawler - #post 15 - ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, i7-6900K

@robinqu - #post 20 - ASUS X99-A, i7-6850K

@pete1959 - #post 37 - ASUS X99 Sabertooth, e5-2690 & Gigabyte X99M, i7-5960

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking forward in receiving as soon as possible your hopefully positive feedback!

Cheers and a successful and fruitful collaboration in between all of us!

Don't give up or get upset, deceived and depressed if you do not succeed immediately :lol:;):thumbup:

View attachment 270372

@Obecny, @wayne2401

could we start a thread or post here page by page 1701 bios comparisons? I'm absolutely stumped as to what is different in my setup, it has to be something silly and not obvious. I'm on 1701, using the same EFI and config you are you with the same tweaks sans overclocking.

There is definitely something wrong with my setup, I just can not seem to isolate it. I can boot like a champ from the Sierra thumb drives, both USB 2.0, and 3.0 following the @Kgp, and same box never gets passed +++++++
It is maddening!

@Obecny, @wayne2401

could we start a thread or post here page by page 1701 bios comparisons? I'm absolutely stumped as to what is different in my setup, it has to be something silly and not obvious. I'm on 1701, using the same EFI and config you are you with the same tweaks sans overclocking.

There is definitely something wrong with my setup, I just can not seem to isolate it. I can boot like a champ from the Sierra thumb drives, both USB 2.0, and 3.0 following the @Kgp, and same box never gets passed +++++++
It is maddening!

@Obecny (i7-6900K) success , @GDS (e5-2696v4) success, @wayne2401 (i7-6900K) sucess

I forward the help petition of @duckgrossberg to all so far successful people in the ASUS X99 Deluxe II group of my thread (see above). Please provide your help to @duckgrossberg !

@duckgrossberg, could you just summarize here in this thread your BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II? Just comment which of my BIOS settings you did apply and which of my BIOS settings you could not apply. If then there are still important BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II missing, I ask the other already successful users to add their comments and provide their help!

To all yet successful users and @duckgrossberg: I think the principle idea of your support should be the successfully boot of a USB Test Flash Drive with the PB3/DP4 High Sierra Clean Installer/Upgrader and the EFI folder contained in my EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip. Backup your working EFI directories before doing the test with EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip and the USB Test Flash Drive PB3/DP4 High Sierra Clean Installer/Upgrader. Note that just the successful boot is sufficient for this test, nobody has to go through the entire installer/updater process again!!!

@duckgrossberg, what to you mean by "boot from the Sierra thumb drives" ?

Good luck and a fruitful collaboration in between all of you!

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
@Obecny (i7-6900K) success , @GDS (e5-2696v4) success, @wayne2401 (i7-6900K) sucess

I forward the help petition of @duckgrossberg to all so far successful people in the ASUS X99 Deluxe II group of my thread (see above). Please provide your help to @duckgrossberg !

@duckgrossberg, could you just summarize here in this thread your BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II? Just comment which of my BIOS settings you did apply and which of my BIOS settings you could not apply. If then there are still important BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II missing, I ask the other already successful users to add their comments and provide their help!

To all yet successful users and @duckgrossberg: I think the principle idea of your support should be the successfully boot of a USB Test Flash Drive with the PB3/DP4 High Sierra Clean Installer/Upgrader and the EFI folder contained in my EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip. Backup your working EFI directories before doing the test with EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip and the USB Test Flash Drive PB3/DP4 High Sierra Clean Installer/Upgrader. Note that just the successful boot is sufficient for this test, nobody has to go through the entire installer/updater process!!!

@duckgrossberg, what to you mean by "boot from the Sierra thumb drives" ?

Good luck and fruitful collaboration in between all of you!

Cheers,

KGP

The Sierra thumbridves are the two USB thumb drives, one 2.0, one 3.0 that I made following the previous Sierra thread to initially build the system.

I mention them because my BIOS settings still fully support booting off of the sierra installer with the previous set up.

The Sierra thumbridves are the two USB thumb drives, one 2.0, one 3.0 that I made following the previous Sierra thread to initially build the system.

I mention them because my BIOS settings still fully support booting off of the sierra installer with the previous set up.

You should follow the originating post of this thread, i.e. my new 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide, for the High Sierra PB3/DP4 flash drive generation. The easiest way might be just to perform steps 1) to 6) of my #post 132 !!

Further note that the EFI folder in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip will not boot an old 10.12 macOS Sierra USB Flash Drive installer!!

The previous BIOS settings from my 10.12 Sierra Desktop Guide should be fine, however compare them with those summarized in the originating post of this thread, i.e. my new 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide!

Now please summarize for all others here in this thread your actual BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II! Just comment which of my BIOS settings mentioned in my 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide you did apply and which of my BIOS settings you could not apply. I also ask once more all other already successful users to subsequently provide their feedback and comments in case of yet missing important BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II.

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
@duckgrossberg, please take not about the modification in my reply above!

The easiest way for the High Sierra PB3/DP4 flash drive generation might be just to perform steps 1) to 6) of my #post 132 !!

Further note that the EFI folder in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip will not boot an old 10.12 macOS Sierra USB Flash Drive installer!!

Cheers,

KPG

Last edited:
@duckgrossberg , further note that the EFI folder in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip will not boot an old 10.12 macOS Sierra USB Flash Drive installer!! (see update of my two replies above)

@duckgrossberg , further note that the EFI folder in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip will not boot an old 10.12 macOS Sierra USB Flash Drive installer!! (see update of my two replies above)
Understood, the Sierra Drives I have are with the EFI of the Sierra thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back