Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should follow the originating post of this thread, i.e. my new 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide, for the High Sierra PB3/DP4 flash drive generation. The easiest way might be just to perform steps 1) to 6) of my #post 132 !!

Further note that the EFI folder in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip will not boot an old 10.12 macOS Sierra USB Flash Drive installer!!

The previous BIOS settings from my 10.12 Sierra Desktop Guide should be fine, however compare them with those summarized in the originating post of this thread, i.e. my new 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide!

Now please summarize for all others here in this thread your actual BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II! Just comment which of my BIOS settings mentioned in my 10.13 High Sierra Desktop Guide you did apply and which of my BIOS settings you could not apply. I also ask once more all other already successful users to subsequently provide their feedback and comments in case of yet missing important BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II.

Cheers,

KGP

Here are the Bios settings for my 10.13 PB3/DP4 attempts:

Started with Load Optimized defaults.

\AI Tweaker:
Ai Overclock Tuner - Set to Auto, no option for disabled
CPU Core Ratio - Auto

\Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration:

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology - Enabled
CPU C-State - Enabled
Enhanced C1 State - Enabled
CPU C3 Report - Enabled
CPU C6 Report - Enabled
Package C-State Limit - C6(non Rentention) State

\Advanced\USB Configuration:

Intel xHCI Mode - Smart Auto
EHCI Legacy Support - Enabled
xHCI Hand-off - Enabled
EHCI Hand-off - Enabled

\Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration:

SPDIF Out Type - HDMI
PCIEX16_2 Bandwidth - Auto
RGB LED lighting - On
RGB LED lighting effects - Static
RGB LED Lighting color - RED
Serial Port - N/A no serial port on this board

\Boot:
Fast Boot - Disabled
Boot Logo Display - Full Screen
Boot up NumLock State - Disabled
Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
Setup Mode - Advanced Mode

\Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module):

Launch CSM - SDisabled

\Boot\Secure Boot:

OS Type - Other OS

All the rest of the settings are at unity with Optimized Defaults.

@duckgrossberg, please take not about the modification in my reply above!

The easiest way for the High Sierra PB3/DP4 flash drive generation might be just to perform steps 1) to 6) of my #post 132 !!

Further note that the EFI folder in EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip will not boot an old 10.12 macOS Sierra USB Flash Drive installer!!

Cheers,

KPG
Just set EHCI handoff to Disable per step 6.

Trying again

Also disable EIST for the installation...

No go with EIST disabled either.

I get to the +++++ see quick flashes of the light on the thumb drive, then two slow heart beats and lights out. No love yet.

I guess also the Deluxe II has an on board serial port connector. You have to disable the serial port.

Furthermore I miss:
  • AI Tweaker: ASUS Multi-Core Enhancement: Disabled & Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled & also try once to boot with the OC settings...
  • CPU Power Management Configuration: Turbo mode: Enabled & EIST: Disabled
  • On-board Device Configuration: Serial Port: OFF
@Obecny , @GDS , @wayne2401 , any additional BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II ?

@duckgrossberg, just a try! Does it boot if you use a "FakeCPUID" entry with the value "0x406F1" ???

I guess also the Deluxe II has an on board serial port connector. You have to disable the serial port.

Furthermore I miss:
  • AI Tweaker: ASUS Multi-Core Enhancement: Disabled & Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled & also try once to boot with the OC settings...
@Obecny , @GDS , @wayne2401 , any additional BIOS settings for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II ?

AI Tweaker: ASUS Multi-Core Enhancement: Disabled
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled

CPU Power Management Configuration: Turbo mode: Enabled & EIST: Disabled

tried again with these changes, no luck same thing.

There is no onboard serial port on this mobo.

@duckgrossberg, just a try! Does it boot if you use a "FakeCPUID" entry with the value "0x406F1" ???

No luck, with 0x406F1.

I'm watching it boot via 10.13 to clover and at the plusses I get the Q Code 61 on the mobo when it stops, I believe this is an NVRAM error but haven't found much documentation on it.

When booting into sierra installer on the other thumb drive, it reads 61 at the +++++++ but then quickly goes to AA and boots.

AI Tweaker: ASUS Multi-Core Enhancement: Disabled
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled

CPU Power Management Configuration: Turbo mode: Enabled & EIST: Disabled

tried again with these changes, no luck same thing.

There is no onboard serial port on this mobo.

Well lets wait on the reply of @Obecny , @GDS , @wayne2401 .

I cannot help you more at this point.

With the BIOS settings above and EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip, the USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 installer/Updater just works flawless with the ASUS X99-A II and i7-6950X. I just verified it once more by downloading EFI-10.13-TM-040817a.zip and subsequently successfully booting the USB Flash Drive PB3/DP4 Installer/Updater.

You have the TB PCIe card removed, right? And you also just use one graphics card, right? No additional PCIe cards, right?

Cheers,

KGP

Furthermore I miss:

No luck, with 0x406F1.

I'm watching it boot via 10.13 to clover and at the plusses I get the Q Code 61 on the mobo when it stops, I believe this is an NVRAM error but haven't found much documentation on it.

When booting into sierra installer on the other thumb drive, it reads 61 at the +++++++ but then quickly goes to AA and boots.

I have just noticed my bios is older as I have 1601, patched!
I have attached here my bios settings in txt and also a file with asus profile you can load if you have matched bios 1601, keep in mind I have 6900k

Attachments

• osx1_setting.txt
    32.2 KB · Views: 137
  • osx1.CMO.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back