Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know, but thats the only way to achieve Hot Plug isn't it?

Thanks!

To return to Windows after removing the THB_C is the best way and only way to screw up the entire TB System!
Never return to Windows with THB_C removed!

The proper approach is to make your TB adopter work under macOS with the THB_C connected! Once all is set and working properly, remove the THB_C for hot plug functionality and never return to windows with such TB configuration!

It is that simple, man.. ;)

Just wanted to say thank you KGP for your guide! Successfully applied it to my system months ago and have been enjoying it ever since. For those with a system similar to mine, I can post my EFI folder.

Cheers!

Reactions: kgp
Board X99A II, with Nvidia 1060 Ti here. Files I used include your SSDT iMacPro for Nvidia and everything is working great, but there is a problem so far:

USB ports report an error in waking from sleep: the classic message "Disk not ejected properly", is this behaviour expected? Or am I missing something here?

Board X99A II, with Nvidia 1060 Ti here. Files I used include your SSDT iMacPro for Nvidia and everything is working great, but there is a problem so far:

USB ports report an error in waking from sleep: the classic message "Disk not ejected properly", is this behaviour expected? Or am I missing something here?

That's a remaining bug without solution.. if you find any, please let me know..

To return to Windows after removing the THB_C is the best way and only way to screw up the entire TB System!
Never return to Windows with THB_C removed!

The proper approach is to make your TB adopter work under macOS with the THB_C connected! Once all is set and working properly, remove the THB_C for hot plug functionality and never return to windows with such TB configuration!

It is that simple, man.. ;)
I will give this a try, thank you so much, as always!

Thank you very much for your guide, I have succeeded. I have ASUS X99A II (unlocked MSR), gtx1070, I7-5820K. I changed the FakeCPUID using your config, but found that I can't load XCPM, maybe this is the difference between Haswell-E and Broadwell-E. I have tried it for a long time and it didn't work. Finally, I found that using kernelXCPM can load XCPM.Without your extended guide, I can't install it smoothly. thank you very much! ! !

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2018-08-31 下午7.54.31.png
    屏幕快照 2018-08-31 下午7.54.31.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 136
Thank you very much for your guide, I have succeeded. I have ASUS X99A II (unlocked MSR), gtx1070, I7-5820K. I changed the FakeCPUID using your config, but found that I can't load XCPM, maybe this is the difference between Haswell-E and Broadwell-E. I have tried it for a long time and it didn't work. Finally, I found that using kernelXCPM can load XCPM.Without your extended guide, I can't install it smoothly. thank you very much! ! !

@Lai, please add your system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to either your profile or signature ..

All the best,

KGP

Thanks a lot KGP !!! I just managed to install High Sierra 10.13.6 and everything seems fine.
Like Lai i had to use "kernelXCPM" to load XCPM.
I tried OC (manual) from 3.0Ghz to 3.7Ghz and everything stills works.

ASUS X99E-WS
i5960X @ 3.7ghz
Nvidia TITAN X

Attachments

• config.plist
    25 KB · Views: 166
Little Update: I added an Asus Thunderbolt EX3 card to the system (X99A2, Intel i7-6850K, Nvidia 1060 Ti) and I added the SSDT-9---.aml to the Clover folder as per @kgp instructions. I report this:

• if I connect the TH cable to the motherboard, everything goes fine and Thunderbolt 3 seems to work properly but the sleep is broken!
  • if I do NOT connect the TH cable ... Thunderbolt card is not recognised by the system.
Any hints? TIA! :)

PS: of course I carefully implemented the instructions as per E.7 and E.9.3 sections of this guide and the TH3 card is in PCI slot 4. ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back