Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Update: I added an Asus Thunderbolt EX3 card to the system (X99A2, Intel i7-6850K, Nvidia 1060 Ti) and I added the SSDT-9---.aml to the Clover folder as per @kgp instructions. I report this:

• if I connect the TH cable to the motherboard, everything goes fine and Thunderbolt 3 seems to work properly but the sleep is broken!
  • if I do NOT connect the TH cable ... Thunderbolt card is not recognised by the system.
Any hints? TIA! :)

Did you return to Windows with the THB_C removed? If so remove and replug adapter, connect THB_C and start from scratch. Never return to Windows with THB_C removed!

Everything works as implemented and described in the guide.

Did you return to Windows with the THB_C removed? If so remove and replug adapter, connect THB_C and start from scratch. Never return to Windows with THB_C removed!

Everything works as implemented and described in the guide.

No, because after Windows Setup everything was working fine ... except sleep/wake... the machine reboots instead of waking up!

No, because after Windows Setup everything was working fine ... except sleep/wake... the machine reboots instead of waking up!

This has nothing to do with TB.. Something else must be odd in your system configuration that prevents sleep/wake.. Here everything is working as expected..

Above you write that with THB_C removed, your TBEX 3 is not recognised by the system. I insist that this only happens after returning to Windows with THB_C removed. In this case you have to apply the procedure described in post #2367.

Good luck,

KGP

This has nothing to do with TB.. Something else must be odd in your system configuration that prevents sleep/wake.. Here everything is working as expected..

Above you write that with THB_C removed, your TBEX 3 is not recognised by the system. I insist that this only happens after returning to Windows with THB_C removed. In this case you have to apply the procedure described in post #2367.

Good luck,

KGP

No no... it's not like as you says! If THB_C cable is ON, sleep/wake is NOT working but the TH3 card is working properly. If THB_C cable is OFF, the card is NOT recognised by system BUT sleep/wake returns to work.

Here it's my IOREG if you wanna give it a try...

Attachments

• X99A2.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 69
No no... it's not like as you says! If THB_C cable is ON, sleep/wake is NOT working but the TH3 card is working properly. If THB_C cable is OFF, the card is NOT recognised by system BUT sleep/wake returns to work.

Here it's my IOREG if you wanna give it a try...

Anyway.. the TBEX 3 MUST be recognised also with THB_C removed! We are talking about the same mainboard, don't we?

Anyway.. the TBEX 3 MUST be recognised also with THB_C removed! We are talking about the same mainboard, don't we?

Yes, we are talking about the same motherboard ... and my experience here is that if you remove THB_C cable not only the TH3 card is not recognised anymore by MacOS neither is by BIOS!

Yes, we are talking about the same motherboard ... and my experience here is that if you remove THB_C cable not only the TH3 card is not recognised anymore by MacOS neither is by BIOS!

Which is simply impossible as everything correctly works on my system.. I cannot reproduce at all your issue, sorry. One only would face such issue after returning to Windows with the THB_C removed.. I cannot permanently provide the same answer.

Which is simply impossible as everything correctly works on my system.. I cannot reproduce at all your issue, sorry. One only would face such issue after returning to Windows with the THB_C removed.. I cannot permanently provide the same answer.

Ok ok... but please have a look to my ioreg...

There is an error in your guide too:

-> E.7) Thunderbolt EX3 PCIe Add-On Implementation <-
here you point out to install Thunderbolt EX3 card in PCI slot 3 which is North Bridge PCI_EX3 in the motherboard nomenclature.
This is what I did.

but then in:
-> E.9.3) Thunderbolt System Implementation <-
you are talking of a PCI slot 4 ... which is South Bridge... very different story!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back