Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all there,
I finally have my system perfectly working with the help of this guide.
I have a Intel 6850K, X99 Daichi, 2x GTX 1080.

Could anybody post some benchmarks with the same Processor?

Thanks to all

MOD

Can you please correct the motherboard details in your profile? It should read X99 Daichi instead of MacBook Air..

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

Interestingly I had a very recent experience with my OC no longer working with Windows 10, possibly after an update. I've never had this happen before. i7 6800K, X99-A II. I tried everything but it refused to clock above 3.6GHz. The only fix updating the BIOS from 1801 to 1902.

So now the OC is fine in Windows, but broken in macOS and peaks only 3.6GHz after updating to 10.13.6. I wasn't aware of this issue until it was too late. Not a huge deal, as I don't use it very often, but interesting to see if this and what happened in Windows is somewhat related.

I've downgraded my install to 10.13.5 waiting on a fix for OC, hopefully it comes with Mojave. System is running well with your guide @kgp. I've made a DDST now, Haven't quite worked out the USB SSDT, I'll work on this next. thanks!

I've downgraded my install to 10.13.5 waiting on a fix for OC, hopefully it comes with Mojave. System is running well with your guide @kgp. I've made a DDST now, Haven't quite worked out the USB SSDT, I'll work on this next. thanks!
Is there an easy way to downgrade without losing everything? I don't think I ever configured Time Machine.

Is there an easy way to downgrade without losing everything? I don't think I ever configured Time Machine.

Not sure I had a backup install with Carbon Copy Cloner 10.13.4, I copied over the old backup and then followed the steps to upgrade to 10.13.5. I have to do some more testing but it definitely ramps up to 4Ghz on a 6800K, not sure how far it should come down, I think I might need to find some of the old performance patches for 10.13.5 and try a combination of them.

I'll look into Carbon Copy Cloner, thanks, but it looks like I'm in luck anyway for now. I booted into recovery and found one Time Machine backup that was created just before the update. So now I'm back to 10.13.5 and the CPU's peaking 4.4GHz again.

I'll look into Carbon Copy Cloner, thanks, but it looks like I'm in luck anyway for now. I booted into recovery and found one Time Machine backup that was created just before the update. So now I'm back to 10.13.5 and the CPU's peaking 4.4GHz again.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

! Important Update !

! Full X99 Sleep/Wake Functionality reached under macOS High Sierra 10.13 !

Hi kgp!
Sorry, I'm confused. I'm coming from macOS Sierra 10.12 Desktop Guide.
Where's that section ("Sleep/Wake Functionality") or what should i do?

Cheers.

Hi kgp!
Sorry, i'm confused. I'm coming from macOS Sierra 10.12 Desktop Guide.
Where's that section ("Sleep/Wake Functionality") or what should i do?

Cheers.

I guess you missed my recent guide updates.. there is no further need for a dedicated sleep/wake section... everything should work as currently outlined in my guide..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back