CPU
i7-6900K
Graphics
SLI 2 x GTX 1080
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
hmmm, i waited 15-1 hour in my tries, do you need my bios shots cause i just followed your setting exactly
Here is my bios shots

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here is my bios shots
Looks fine to me.. Can somebody else more experienced on Asus Strix X99 BIOS settings additionally comment on that?

@hossam.sy, please also upload your EFI-Folder..

Motherboard
Asus Strix X99 Gaming - BIOS 1902
CPU
i7-6900K
Graphics
SLI 2 x GTX 1080
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
EFI looks fine too...

Just implemented USB Port Limit patch for 10.13.6 and Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4644...

Please verify that you also use xcpm performance patch and xcpm pkg scope patch for 10.13.6.. Too less time to do it for you, sorry..

Else you can try to check "KernelPM" and/or "KernelXCPM" and see if this makes any difference...

Now one important question! Did you patch your mainboard firmware? If the latter is not the case and your MSR register is locked for Kernel write, you need to check "KernelPM" in any case and also add the xcpm core scope patch to successfully boot your system!!

If nothing helps, I also don't see any possibility to help you further.. In this case you have to continue with your efforts in loosing your knot..

One thing.. What means S2x GTX1080 in your profile? Does this mean that you use 2x GTX1080? You could remove one and see if this helps in installing the macOS system..

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
GTX 970
Classic Mac
Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
Cheers and no bad blood. Again, I really appreciate your guide. To the other user, @lucke77, who clearly has a comprehension problem (read https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.227001/page-217#post-1781443 to see this isn't the first time he spoke out of hand without context), just stop. I'm not an idiot.
Thank you for the nice words...! :clap:
I did not set off any controversy, but simply advise you to carefully read point by point guide to avoid have missed some steps.
It also happened to me to bang my head and then it was just distraction in reading. :banghead:
I never thought remotely you can be an idiot. We are here and everyone in the same boat to help each other.
Exchanging experiences made on tests and trials and tests.... That's all!
But if it makes you more pleasure, then I confirm that I have problems with comprehension...! :crazy:
I wish you Happy Holidays.:headbang:

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6900K
Graphics
SLI 2 x GTX 1080
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
KGP, thank you thank you thank you, xcpm performance patch was there, I added xcpm pkg scope patch, it now boots normally with only these two added and KernelPM and/or KernelXCPM checked, i installed HSierra and everything seems working except the Wifi and Video Web driver delay mentioned below, i disabled apple HDA kext to get the audio card working, you can see my working EFI here, but now i only have two problems, The gIOlockscreenstate delay and wifi not there.

I get like 3 minutes delay before mac apple logo screen shows up and boot the OS, i get stuck at gIOlockscreenstate 3...etc for like 3-5 minutes see attached, before installing Webdrivers it wasn't happening, I added Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts or else i would be getting black screen and also need to wait some time before it boots into os, at the beginning I deleted all Osx web/geforce/nv drivers and reinstalled the webdrivers so it can see the video cards.

Now with that delay i notice something, when i get in system information and choose graphics, it just time out and no info shows, and also i noticed that the video cards are not getting numbers in the nvidia webdriver app, they are the bottom check attached.

it seems that this gIOlockscreenstate is a very common problem and there are unlimited solutions for it that i tried some of it but it didn't change anything, maybe you can check my efi and see if anything can be done regarding that matter, please help me on this last matter.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX THIS IS MY LAST WORKING BOOTING EFI XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrQkwrOe1wCmwVsoSxnqirzF2rF
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks again you are pretty experienced to get me going in one advice, that is insane.

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
KGP, thank you thank you thank you, xcpm performance patch was there, I added xcpm pkg scope patch, it now boots normally with only these two added and KernelPM and/or KernelXCPM checked, i installed HSierra and everything seems working except the Wifi and Video Web driver delay mentioned below, i disabled apple HDA kext to get the audio card working, you can see my working EFI here, but now i only have two problems, The gIOlockscreenstate delay and wifi not there.

I get like 3 minutes delay before mac apple logo screen shows up and boot the OS, i get stuck at gIOlockscreenstate 3...etc for like 3-5 minutes see attached, before installing Webdrivers it wasn't happening, I added Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts or else i would be getting black screen and also need to wait some time before it boots into os, at the beginning I deleted all Osx web/geforce/nv drivers and reinstalled the webdrivers so it can see the video cards.

Now with that delay i notice something, when i get in system information and choose graphics, it just time out and no info shows, and also i noticed that the video cards are not getting numbers in the nvidia webdriver app, they are the bottom check attached.

it seems that this gIOlockscreenstate is a very common problem and there are unlimited solutions for it that i tried some of it but it didn't change anything, maybe you can check my efi and see if anything can be done regarding that matter, please help me on this last matter.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX THIS IS MY LAST WORKING BOOTING EFI XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrQkwrOe1wCmwVsoSxnqirzF2rF
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks again you are pretty experienced to get me going in one advice, that is insane.
I guess you messed up the web driver installation.. Try to perform a macOS clean install and see if this removes your issues.

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6900K
Graphics
SLI 2 x GTX 1080
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I guess you messed up the web driver installation.. Try to perform a macOS clean install and see if this removes your issues.

Good luck,

KGP
Hi KGP, i installed HSierra fresh and it was booting right away with 8MB ram, i installed only Nvidia web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg and started to get the 3 minutes delay, tried to enable and disable stuff, disabled csr to 0x00 then installed the driver and enabled it again to 67 still same thing, please see my boot log attached, specially the last line where it says Custom boot screen not used because entry has unset use graphics, i still don't get any info when i go to system information and click on graphic, just loading gif then it times out with some hanging in the system UI.

What would you recommend at this stage?

thanks

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi KGP, i installed HSierra fresh and it was booting right away with 8MB ram, i installed only Nvidia web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg and started to get the 3 minutes delay, tried to enable and disable stuff, disabled csr to 0x00 then installed the driver and enabled it again to 67 still same thing, please see my boot log attached, specially the last line where it says Custom boot screen not used because entry has unset use graphics, i still don't get any info when i go to system information and click on graphic, just loading gif then it times out with some hanging in the system UI.

What would you recommend at this stage?

thanks
Try to boot with one GPU only. Are you using SLI? Won't work under OSX..

Reactions: GDS
Status
Not open for further replies.