Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
KGP, thank you thank you thank you, xcpm performance patch was there, I added xcpm pkg scope patch, it now boots normally with only these two added and KernelPM and/or KernelXCPM checked, i installed HSierra and everything seems working except the Wifi and Video Web driver delay mentioned below, i disabled apple HDA kext to get the audio card working, you can see my working EFI here, but now i only have two problems, The gIOlockscreenstate delay and wifi not there.

I get like 3 minutes delay before mac apple logo screen shows up and boot the OS, i get stuck at gIOlockscreenstate 3...etc for like 3-5 minutes see attached, before installing Webdrivers it wasn't happening, I added Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts or else i would be getting black screen and also need to wait some time before it boots into os, at the beginning I deleted all Osx web/geforce/nv drivers and reinstalled the webdrivers so it can see the video cards.

Now with that delay i notice something, when i get in system information and choose graphics, it just time out and no info shows, and also i noticed that the video cards are not getting numbers in the nvidia webdriver app, they are the bottom check attached.

it seems that this gIOlockscreenstate is a very common problem and there are unlimited solutions for it that i tried some of it but it didn't change anything, maybe you can check my efi and see if anything can be done regarding that matter, please help me on this last matter.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX THIS IS MY LAST WORKING BOOTING EFI XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrQkwrOe1wCmwVsoSxnqirzF2rF
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks again you are pretty experienced to get me going in one advice, that is insane.

I guess you messed up the web driver installation.. Try to perform a macOS clean install and see if this removes your issues.

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
Asus Strix X99 Gaming - BIOS 1902
CPU
i7-6900K
Graphics
SLI 2 x GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I guess you messed up the web driver installation.. Try to perform a macOS clean install and see if this removes your issues.

Good luck,

KGP
Hi KGP, i installed HSierra fresh and it was booting right away with 8MB ram, i installed only Nvidia web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg and started to get the 3 minutes delay, tried to enable and disable stuff, disabled csr to 0x00 then installed the driver and enabled it again to 67 still same thing, please see my boot log attached, specially the last line where it says Custom boot screen not used because entry has unset use graphics, i still don't get any info when i go to system information and click on graphic, just loading gif then it times out with some hanging in the system UI.

What would you recommend at this stage?

thanks

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 80

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi KGP, i installed HSierra fresh and it was booting right away with 8MB ram, i installed only Nvidia web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg and started to get the 3 minutes delay, tried to enable and disable stuff, disabled csr to 0x00 then installed the driver and enabled it again to 67 still same thing, please see my boot log attached, specially the last line where it says Custom boot screen not used because entry has unset use graphics, i still don't get any info when i go to system information and click on graphic, just loading gif then it times out with some hanging in the system UI.

What would you recommend at this stage?

thanks

Try to boot with one GPU only. Are you using SLI? Won't work under OSX..

Reactions: GDS

GDS

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS TRx40 MASTER
CPU
AMD 3970X
Graphics
RADEON VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I agree with Kgp
forget dual graphic cards on high Sierra
on Sierra it was pain in the A*s
but in High Sierra it is clearly IMPOSSIBLE to have a stable rig at all
;)

Try to boot with one GPU only. Are you using SLI? Won't work under OSX..

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I agree with Kgp
forget dual graphic cards on high Sierra
on Sierra it was pain in the A*s
but in High Sierra it is clearly IMPOSSIBLE to have a stable rig at all
;)

Well there a several people successfully running 2x Vega 64 under High Sierra and Mojave, but certainly not in SLI compound!

Reactions: GDS

GDS

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS TRx40 MASTER
CPU
AMD 3970X
Graphics
RADEON VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
AMD could be OK (as the iMac Pro is built on AMD and dont need drivers)
Nvidia: you are right me neither I dont know anyone who did successfully on High Sierra (Pascal or Maxwell)
and as you know I suffered a lot with installing it on Sierra (problem with Nvidia drivers and acceleration, to have it OK I had to not activate the Hyperthreading: never ever understood why)

PS: SLI doesnt exist on Mac, we just call it dual Nvidia, SLI is for gaming on W$, not GPGPU like CUDA does ;)

Well there a several people successfully running 2x Vega 64 under High Sierra and Mojave, but certainly not in SLI compound!

Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
MSI X99A-RAIDER
CPU
Intel 6800k
Graphics
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060-6GD5 X-Gaming OC
I'll try it now...
Hi, @josh-x00. I have installed 10.13.6 successfully with your EFI and BIOS set. The XCPM is working fine. But the CPU idle frequency is high, and the high turbo frequency seems can not arrive at 3.6GHz. Thank you!
1.png1.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Strix X99 Gaming - BIOS 1902
CPU
i7-6900K
Graphics
SLI 2 x GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I removed the Sli link and it sill same delay, is there a way to disable one card without the need to pull out the other card, i have watercooling and it is linked to soft tubing, maybe if there is a way to disable the other card, there is a checkpoint called "single" in the clover, but it seems doing nothing as well..

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 PRO
CPU
i9-9960X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, @josh-x00. I have installed 10.13.6 successfully with your EFI and BIOS set. The XCPM is working fine. But the CPU idle frequency is high, and the high turbo frequency seems can not arrive at 3.6GHz. Thank you!
View attachment 346217View attachment 346225
hi @cocoanut!

so, if XCPM works you should have verified what follows under terminal app, right?
1. sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode (return: 1)
2. kextstat|grep -y x86plat (return 2 lines, means kext is loaded)
3. kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu (return: empty)
4. sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count (return: 1)

Your idle freqs are high, like mine. but that's not so important. take a look at utilisation! it's low. and so should be (CPU) power consumption. it's .59/.6! it's good. btw, your CPU graph touches 3.6 ghz a couple of times and also goes over! that's good too :)

If you want to check your CPU behaviour under stress, download cinebench (https://www.maxon.net/en/products/cinebench/), run "CPU test" and monitor your parameters under load. then upload one or two screenshots!

what kind of cooling do you have? never overclock or stress test if you aren't under appropriate cooling system.

would you upload your bios screenshots? don't forget to share your settings ;)

let us know :wave:

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI X99A-RAIDER
CPU
Intel 6800k
Graphics
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060-6GD5 X-Gaming OC
hi @cocoanut!

so, if XCPM works you should have verified what follows under terminal app, right?
1. sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode (return: 1)
2. kextstat|grep -y x86plat (return 2 lines, means kext is loaded)
3. kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu (return: empty)
4. sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count (return: 1)

Your idle freqs are high, like mine. but that's not so important. take a look at utilisation! it's low. and so should be (CPU) power consumption. it's .59/.6! it's good. btw, your CPU graph touches 3.6 ghz a couple of times and also goes over! that's good too :)

If you want to check your CPU behaviour under stress, download cinebench (https://www.maxon.net/en/products/cinebench/), run "CPU test" and monitor your parameters under load. then upload one or two screenshots!

what kind of cooling do you have? never overclock or stress test if you aren't under appropriate cooling system.

would you upload your bios screenshots? don't forget to share your settings ;)

let us know :wave:
OK,i will try it tonight and share the results,Thank you!
I use air coolling systerm(NOCTUA NH-U12S),only one CPU fan.Can i test the overclock or stress?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.