Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems you missed my recommendations to stay with 10.13.5, as it seems that you did not read and follow this thread and respective posts..

I didn’t read it in your post, sorry must of missed that. What’s the reason for no overclock KGP? Is there a chance it might return with 10.13.7? If it is final release?

And is Overclock back on Mojave betas (I haven’t even started looking at those threads)

I didn’t read it in your post, sorry must of missed that. What’s the reason for no overclock KGP? Is there a chance it might return with 10.13.7? If it is final release?

And is Overclock back on Mojave betas (I haven’t even started looking at those threads)

1.) 10.13.6 is High Sierra final release.. up to my knowledge, there will not be any 10.13.7 in the future...

2.) If I would know what is the reason for no-OC, there might be a solution.. although my suspicion is the X99-A II BIOS firmware, as OC seems to work with some of the MSI mainboards..

3.) no-OC also with 10.14 PB7

4.) If you face issues with OC, stay with 10.13.5 for now..

Just updated one of my older rigs (Haswell-E i7-5820K, X99-A II unlocked MSR).

Everything is working so far.
XCPM looks good (machdep.mode and machdep.loaded_vectors_count), but CPU frequencies are jumping around in idle.
Tried all kernel patches in different combinations, best result for me at the moment with all Pike patches disabled.
Is PMhearts updated performance patch also valid for Haswell-E or only Broadwell-E?

I had to fix a couple of PCI implementations.
E.g. graphic card in slot 1 is on BR3A not BR3C.
Don't understand how this can be with exactly the same mainboard and BIOS firmware, but ok...
Maybe the CPU makes the difference.

Just updated one of my older rigs (Haswell-E i7-5820K, X99-A II unlocked MSR).

Everything is working so far.
XCPM looks good (machdep.mode and machdep.loaded_vectors_count), but CPU frequencies are jumping around in idle.
Tried all kernel patches in different combinations, best result for me at the moment with all Pike patches disabled.
Is PMhearts updated performance patch also valid for Haswell-E or only Broadwell-E?

I had to fix a couple of PCI implementations.
E.g. graphic card in slot 1 is on BR3A not BR3C.
Don't understand how this can be with exactly the same mainboard and BIOS firmware, but ok...
Maybe the CPU makes the difference.

1.) performance patch is CPU independent
2.) I need pkg_scope to boot my system... all other XCPM kernel patches are disabled on my X99 system
3.) BR3A is assigned to the bottom-most PCIe slot (Slot-6), while BR3C is assigned to the upper-most PCIe slot (Slot-1).. The assignment cannot be different for one and the same mainboard.

1.) performance patch is CPU independent
2.) I need pkg_scope to boot my system... all other XCPM kernel patches are disabled on my X99 system
3.) BR3A is assigned to the bottom-most PCIe slot (Slot-6), while BR3C is assigned to the upper-most PCIe slot (Slot-1).. The assignment cannot be different for one and the same mainboard.
1.) ok, thanks...
2.) I don't need this patch. Maybe because I got only 6 cores...
3.) But it is different. Slot-1 (upper-most) is BR3A on my mainboard. See screenshot.

Do you have stable idle frequencies with your CPU?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-24 um 14.34.42.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-24 um 14.34.42.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 94
Hello All

i am coming back to try to understand the PCI implementations
but so far it is pretty strange, and maybe I miss something that I cannot find on the 1st post
I should have the GFX0 as IOREG entry somewhere but I cannot find it
the unique BRxx speaking about NVIDIA and fitting to the PCI where the 1080Ti is, it is the BR3A
I only have H000 and H001 also
(no GFX0 normally; If I see screens of others users and the fact that geforce sensors are linked to it)

also for informations:
the slot 6 (bottom slot) has a PCIe NVMe samsung 960 Pro (recognized as BR1A)
the NVMe slot on the mobo has a plextor Px-1TM8PeG (recognized as BR2D)
the slot 1 has the 1080Ti (recognized as BR3A)

so sorry for my question,
but in my case and to let it working well,

I need to:
1/ open the SSDT-XT99-nvidia joined on the 1st post
2/ sync all the datas from my IOService to the SSDT-X99-nvidia used a reference
so the unique one to modify is for graphic card, I need to delete BR3C on the SSDT empty
and then copy paste all infos from the 1st topic (concerning Nvidia graphic card to the BR3A), but I dont have the GFX0 so is I a real problem?
3/ every implementation written as "purely cosmetic" I dont focus on it at all and erasing them,
my 2 NVMe are not important to implement too as proposed on the 1st post

when it is ok,
then I inject the SSDT modified, compiled and saved, in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
without changing the name of it

I reboot and it is ok?

thank you

Capture d’écran 2018-08-25 à 05.23.10.png

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-08-25 à 05.12.43.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-08-25 à 05.12.43.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 73
Hi all there,
I finally have my system perfectly working with the help of this guide.
I have a Intel 6850K, X99 Daichi, 2x GTX 1080.

Could anybody post some benchmarks with the same Processor?

Thanks to all

MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back