Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE="josh-x00, post: 1796094, member: 1881971"]guys, I share my updated EFI (last versions of clover, kext, etc.) for High Sierra 10.13.6: XCPM and OC works.

SMBIOS: iMAC PRO
FAKECPUID: BROADWELL E

my hackintosh: MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING, i7 6850k, NVIDIA Titan XP.

thanks again to @kgp for his precious and priceless support. iMAC PRO wouldn't have been possible without his guide.
I also thanks @metacollin: without his patches, I wouldn't have run 10.13.6 with XCPM.
is there some changes?I will try the latest efi.[/QUOTE]

i tested asus x99-a II * 6800k.
dont works OC... Y_Y

maybe ASUS need something more...

other asus users can be OC 10.13.6 ?
any idea?

@josh-x00.I do not understand this sentence in the link
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-481#post-1687278
Could you help me?:)How do we know the OSXWifi in PCIe Slot 4?The original patch is PC01/BR3D,but now it changed to into PC01/BR1A,and SLOC is changed into SL01.
View attachment 347225
hi @cocoanut. that's an example. @kgp shows what happens when you literally move the "osxwifi" device from slot x to slot y. it is shown how the device path changes.

:wave:

hi @tete002. unfortunately it seems my EFI doesn't work on ASUS. I'm on MSI. but I'm sure master @kgp will find a way for ASUS too :) you should update your mb in your sign. it's shown "hack". :wave:

Hi,@josh-x00. USB work fine?Mine might be have something wrong!

1.png 2.png 3.png

Is XCPM working with overclocks on 10.13.6? Mine doesn’t seem to ramp right up to 4Ghz on 6800K

Is XCPM working with overclocks on 10.13.6? Mine doesn’t seem to ramp right up to 4Ghz on 6800K

Seems you missed my recommendations to stay with 10.13.5, as it seems that you did not read and follow this thread and respective posts..

Major Guide Update to 10.13.6

Against all personal recommendations and upon massive user request, it is here.. the most recent guide update to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, which returns all Broadwell-E/EP, Haswell-E/EP performance flaw issues. No OC on most X99 systems despite a fully working xcpm configuration and the correct 10.13.6 xcpm performance patch!

Guide related changes:
  • Removal of Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8GB and Implementation of Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Vega 64 8GB.
  • Revision of Table of Content, Section A.)- Hardware Configuration, Section C.2) - Error Prevention, Section D.) - macOS Installation, Section E.1) - XNU CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration, Section E.2) - Graphics Configuration, E.3) - Audio Configuration, E.4) - USB Configuration and entire Section E.9) - ASUS X99-A II PCI Device Implementation. Major update of Section E.9.1) - SSDT-ASUS-X99-A-II.aml PCI Device Implementation.
  • Implementation of 2 new system SSDTs separately for Nvidia and ATI GPU users: SSDT-X99-10.13-iMacPro-Vega.aml and SSDT-X99-10.13-iMacPro-Nvidia.aml.
  • New Section E.9.3) - Thunderbolt System Implementation. Implementation of new TB-SSDT: SSDT-9-minimal-hotlug-injector-Asus-X99.aml.
Implementation of new EFI-Folder distribution: EFI-X99-10.13.6-Release-iMacPro1,1-230818.zip.

EFI-Folder related changes:
  • Implementation of Clover_v2.4k_r4657
  • Adding AptioInputFix-64.efi, AppleImageLoader-64.efi and AppleUISupport-64.efi
  • Implementation of Lilu.kext 1.2.6 and AppleALC.kext 1.3.1
  • config.plist implementation of 10.13.6 USB port limit kext patch and required 10.13.6 XCPM kernel patches - No OC with Broadwell-E on Asus X99-A II, despite a full working XCPM configuration and proper xcpm performance patch implementation.
Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.6-Release-iMacPro1,1-230818.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 159
Major Guide Update to 10.13.6
Master @kgp, it is such a joy to finally read an updated post of yours back in this thread.

Thanks again for taking the time to update this build for us then to also update our own. I have two, kind of off-topic, questions.. (although, I'm kind of afraid to ask haha):

1. Why did you switched from Gigabyte Radeon Vega 64 (which seemed like a perfect choice) to Sapphire Nitro+?

2. Who in the world would recommend you not to update X99? (it frightens me just to think you might drop the architecture)

That's all. Hope you're well. Glad to have you back,

Cheers!

Master @kgp, it is such a joy to finally read n updated post of yours back in this thread.

Thanks again for taking the time to update this build for us then to also update our own. I have two, kind of off-toppic, questions.. (altough, I'm kind of afraid to ask haha):

1. Why did you switched from Gigabyte Radeon Vega 64 (which seemed like a perfect choice) to Saphire Nitro+?

2. Who in the world would recommend you not to update X99? (it frightens me just to think you might drop the architecture)

That's all. Hope you're well. Glad to have you back,

Cheers!

1.) I returned the Gigabyte within 14 days after purchase and some testing... In fact I immediately purchased two Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 for both my X299 (water blocked) and x99 (air cooled) rigs. I am quite happy with this decision..

2.) Me myself? :lol:.. I am on 10.13.6 with my X99 rig for the last two month and I still see no way for OC with Broadwell-E on my ASUS X99-A II... Thus, why to advise all of you to abandon 10.13.5 and change to 10.3.6? In any case, there is no way for newbies to further access 10.13.5 from the Appstore, and upon quite frequent user request for 10.3.6, I finally decided to do the final guide update along this thread..

3.) I already changed to Skylake-X/X299 one year ago. I basically maintain my Broadwell-E/X99 build and guide to provide further support for you guys here.. However, indeed there might come a day when the high maintenance costs exceed the benefit and output for the community by far.

I hope this answers your questions.. ;)

Last edited:
I just changed your EFI (by adding also the kext for my NVMe Plextor)
but something VERY GREAT
I just realized that the sound on my 4K screen is working (I didnt want to touch the SSDT) I was happy like that with my duet usb apogee and my headphone
but now with nothing too have to do: IT IS WORKING

for fun: it is 4am in Japan and I just wanted to see something on Youtube (after changing the EFI and rebooting) and before to sleep and I guess I woke up ALL my neighbors with the sound go my 40 inches screen at maximum :D
I thank you but I guess them: not at all
Capture d’écran 2018-08-24 à 04.29.23.png Capture d’écran 2018-08-24 à 04.29.52.png
1.) I returned the Gigabyte within 14 days after purchase and some testing... In fact I immediately purchased two Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 for both my X299 (water blocked) and x99 (air cooled) rigs. I am quite happy with this decision..

2.) Me myself? :lol:.. I am on 10.13.6 with my X99 rig for the last two month and I still see no way for OC with Broadwell-E on my ASUS X99-A II... Thus, why to advise all of you to abandon 10.13.5 and change to 10.3.6? In any case, there is no way for newbies to further access 10.13.5 from the Appstore, and upon quite frequent user request for 10.3.6, I finally decided to do the final guide update in this thread..

I hope this answers your questions.. ;)

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back