Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! How can I provive you bug report? Maibe with Ioregistryexplorer?

For OC? No!

I need a copy of your BIOS settings and your EFI-Folder. That would help at first place.

For OC? No!

I need a copy of your BIOS settings and your EFI-Folder. That would help at first place.
Sure, here you have :)

BIOS settings:
identical as your guide config, but whit this:
OC Ratio x42
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement: enabled
Above 4G Decoding Note: disabled
CPU SVID Support: Enabled

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
And by the way, I'm trying to change "Unknown" CPU following your instructions (I had to change CPU Type to Unknown with Text Wrangler because CC didn't allow me to write those characters), and it doesn't work for me.
I tried it with this config

Attachments

• config2.plist
    21.8 KB · Views: 142
@kgp If I'm not going to OC, can I still use the configuration in your EFI folder ? Thanks

Sure, here you have :)

BIOS settings:
identical as your guide config, but whit this:
OC Ratio x42
bios-settings-png.334092

Man! Why you post my BIOS recommendations?

Are you able to provide snapshots of YOUR BIOS configuration? o_O

I don’t know when I will find time to look at all this closer anyway.

Can somebody else with working OC help Mr. @alexmenn once he provided al necessary details?

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Last edited:
Man! Why you post my BIOS recommendations?

Are you able to provide snapshots of YOUR BIOS configuration? o_O

I don’t know when I will find time to look at all this closer anyway.

Can somebody else with working OC help Mr. @alexmenn once he provided al necessary details?

Thanks in advance,

KGP
I said that my BIOS config are identical than your BIOS recommendations after Load Optimized Defaults. Is too tidy to take photos of all BIOS settings. And I told you, that I configured to the following:

It's not necessary to take photo of every config in BIOS right now. If you want to help me, when you can, start with EFI folder, because maybe there is something wrong. And if everything in EFI is OK, then I will try to take photos of all BIOS settings.

I said that my BIOS config are identical than your BIOS recommendations after Load Optimized Defaults. Is too tidy to take photos of all BIOS settings. And I told you, that I configured to the following:

It's not necessary to take photo of every config in BIOS right now. If you want to help me, when you can, start with EFI folder, because maybe there is something wrong. And if everything in EFI is OK, then I will try to take photos of all BIOS settings.

You want me to work and dedicate my time, but you are not willing to commit the effort to provide the BIOS snapshots I ask for.

Perfect. Ask somebody else for help.

Good luck, enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

I am off from this discussion..:wave:

My OC works, I am not the one having issues ;)

KGP

Reactions: GDS
You want me to work and dedicate my time, but you are not willing to commit the effort to provide the BIOS snapshots I ask for.

Perfect. Ask somebody else for help.

Good luck, enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

I am off from this discussion..:wave:

My OC works, I am not the one having issues ;)

KGP
I'm sorry if my words has seemed rude. My english is not perfect and sometimes I don't know how to explain some things. What I mean, is that taking snapshot is a tedious task and right now I don't have time. I will be able to make snapshots in few hours. Right now I can't because I'm bussy working. But let me upload them today or tomorrow.

And after this, if you still want to help me, I will be thankful.

@kgp Ok, I didn't know that I could make snapshot directly from BIOS to USB. This is so fast (I thought I had to make photos from phone and upload them...).
Here you have my snapshots and a screenshot of intel power gadget.
Btw, the OC pins are in 2-3, like you said in your guide :)
Thank you again.

Attachments

• screenshots-bios.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back