Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
Hi, I was wondering could you recommend how to approach your method of installing 10.13.5 on a different board?
I have an x99-UD4, i7-5820K, x280 card...
Since there is a lot of information floating around I was hoping you or someone else could point out what the best approach would be to follow your instructions but on different hardware.

Thanks

@kgp
Hi, I was wondering could you recommend how to approach your method of installing 10.13.5 on a different board?
I have an x99-UD4, i7-5820K, x280 card...
Since there is a lot of information floating around I was hoping you or someone else could point out what the best approach would be to follow your instructions but on different hardware.

Thanks

In principle, my recommendations should be valid not only for the X99-A II and are kept on purpose quite general.

However, I am definitely not a visionary and there might be the one or other surprise to be solved by anybody with a deviating hardware configurarion. ;)

In principle, my recommendations should be valid not only for the X99-A II and are kept on purpose quite general.

However, I am definitely not a visionary and there might be the one or other surprise to be solved by anybody with a deviating hardware configurarion. ;)

Thanks for the reply. I just can't seem to find the correct Bios setting for my board in order to have hyper threading/turbo boost work correctly

Thanks for the reply. I just can't seem to find the correct Bios setting for my board in order to have hyper threading/turbo boost work correctly

How do you know that your OC issue is due to your BIOS setting? Anyway as long I don't know which BIOS settings you apply, I also cannot comment or improve the latter..

BTW.. Note that you employ a Haswell-E CPU. Thus the Broadwell-E performance patch included in the config.plist might slightly change for your CPU. Please address your issue and question to @PMheart and ask for her help and support in your issue.

General comments:

My friends, how do you think one should be able to provide support based on the lack information you provide in your posts when asking for help.. This is already the second case only today...

Please provide screen shots of your BIOS settings, provide your EFI-Folder or anything else that would help in investigating your issue!

The other thing is that I cannot spend every single day solely providing help to others. I kindly ask others familiar with the raised issues to also provide their support and help to others.

This is not only a thread of taking, but should be also a thread of giving, and moreover a thread of nice and fruitful collaborations between all of you!

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
How do you know that your OC issue is due to your BIOS setting? Anyway as long I don't know which BIOS settings you apply, I also cannot comment or improve the latter..

BTW.. Note that you employ a Haswell-E CPU. Thus the Broadwell-E performance patch included in the config.plist might slightly change for your CPU. Please address your issue and question to @PMheart and ask for her help and support in your issue.

General comments:

My friends, how do you think one should be able to provide support based on the lack information you provide in your posts when asking for help.. This is already the second case only today...

Please provide screen shots of your BIOS settings, provide your EFI-Folder or anything else that would help in investigating your issue!

The other thing is that I cannot spend every single day solely providing help to others. I kindly ask others familiar with the raised issues to also provide their support and help to others.

This is not only a thread of taking but should be also a thread of giving.

Cheers,

KGP
You were right. Just help me with my OC problem when you have time for that :) And sorry again!

Reactions: kgp
Thanks for the amazing guide!
Just did a fresh install of 10.13.5 today using your latest EFI folder. Following your guide to the letter, everything worked nicely.
2 problems I faced, but they were easy to fix. First one is that early on, the USB installer gets stuck on allocation error no matter what I try. Solution like other MSI Boards owners suggested here, is using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for installation only. Then reverting back to Aptiomemoryfix like your original EFI folder.
Second problem is that Apple Logo takes over a minute on every startup. So, I disabled Trim and now Apple Logo takes 5 to 6 seconds on Startup. No idea what is causing this issue when Trim is enabled. I have 2 drives on my system, both are APFS like you suggested in the guide. Even using only one drive, which has the OS installed, it still causes slow Apple logo when Trim is enabled.

Hi ! Thank you for all this extended guide !!! But I have a problem.
I follow all your instructions, but i'm stuck at this screen, nothing happen...
My configuration is :
Asus - X99-PRO - USB 3.1
Intel i7 6900k
Gtx 1080 FE
Corsair - Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 Low Profile 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 16
thumbnail_IMG_1727.jpg

My configuration is :
Asus - X99-PRO - USB 3.1
Intel i7 6900k
Gtx 1080 FE
View attachment 336526

See post #1964!

My configuration is :
Asus - X99-PRO - USB 3.1
Intel i7 6900k
Gtx 1080 FE
View attachment 336526
I had the same problem with my config with the latest KGP EFI folder. Try with mine :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 86
My first hack, Mac Pro 6,1 is working fine. After this new iMac Pro 1,1 guide, I tried to change Mac Pro6,1 SMBIOS to iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS. Even though I try to get new serial in the web of everymac.com by pressing several times the "Generate New" Button next to serial number text field and looking up, I can not get serial.
Would you help me to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back