Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe try the following config, worked for me for installation and first boot.

What are your kexts / efi files? CFG Lock disabled? (Bios - OC - CPU Features - CFG Lock)

Thank you so much for that config.plist. I have no clue what was wrong with mine. I did a reset of my bios, and only set CFG lock to disable, VT-D Disable and Above 4G decoding to on. It looks alright now :)

Only thing I miss is that the "About this Mac" still shows Processor: 3,3 GHz Unknown. Should I make this change in the config.plist?

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/01/13/how-to-modify-about-this-mac-hackintosh/

Scroll down - you'll find something to change unknown CPU.

Only use this if XCPM is working! Otherwise you have a problem with your config.plist / Bios

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-10 um 12.53.52.png

You can do something like this :)

just tiny info, for users of 2 screens with iMac pro definition...
and sorry if someone described already (I didn't find of the 1st page of the topic)

SO I have 2 screens Philipps 4K@60fps with display port 1.2

and I had the super bad idea to unclic the "full screen" on the preference system then after one of my screen was on 1440p with night shift and the other was totally crappy (sometimes 2,5k or 1080p)

I guess it was about the fact iMac Pro 1.1 has the screen included and how @kgp described that only a screen rig can use the "night shift"
so just maybe a dumb action from my side, but if anyone has the idea to do it: do not :p :p :p

Capture d’écran 2018-06-11 à 01.37.51.png

Last edited:
So after compiling and loading the AppleIntelInfo kext, I found some weird results that I'm guessing are why my OC doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I'll also attach the full output of that kext.

MSR_IA32_PERF_STATUS.............(0x198) : 0x265200002400

------------------------------------------

- Current Performance State Value...... : 0x2400 (3600 MHz)

MSR_IA32_PERF_CONTROL............(0x199) : 0xFF00

------------------------------------------

- Target performance State Value....... : 0xFF00 (25500 MHz)

- Intel Dynamic Acceleration........... : 0 (IDA engaged)

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo.dat.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 125
Anothers questions

1/ concerning E.9.1) ACPI DSDT Replacement Implementation
part: f.) The 48 CPxx -> PRxx replacements

My 2696v4 has those informations (screen joined) on the config.plist (ACPI part) they are disabled
Do I need to activate all of them on the config.list? (as it is not a 6950X I don't know if it will be ok)

2/ concerning E.9.2.2) GFX0, HDAU - Nvidia Graphics Card and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation

I downloaded the SSDT-X99-imacpro.aml
but doesn't understand so much:

a/ why I have PCI 4 as my 1080Ti is only on PCI 1
(the PCI 6 is the NVMe water-cooled that I have)

b/ how to implement this

thank you

Capture d’écran 2018-06-11 à 03.31.35.pngCapture d’écran 2018-06-11 à 03.44.17.png

Anothers questions

1/ concerning E.9.1) ACPI DSDT Replacement Implementation
part: f.) The 48 CPxx -> PRxx replacements

My 2696v4 has those informations (screen joined) on the config.plist (ACPI part) they are disabled
Do I need to activate all of them on the config.list? (as it is not a 6950X I don't know if it will be ok)

2/ concerning E.9.2.2) GFX0, HDAU - Nvidia Graphics Card and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation

I downloaded the SSDT-X99-imacpro.aml
but doesn't understand so much:

a/ why I have PCI 4 as my 1080Ti is only on PCI 1
(the PCI 6 is the NVMe water-cooled that I have)

b/ how to implement this

thank you

View attachment 335311View attachment 335312

Ouch !!!!

@GDS, don't use the i7-6950X core reorder and renaming ACPI replacements!

If you want to implement Xeon 2696 v4 core reorder and renaming ACPI replacements, you have to start from scratch based on your original IOREG picture.

Concerning your SSDT GPU implementation! Your GPU will properly show up in Slot-1 as soon the rest of your SSDT is adequately implemented. Once more remember that if any SSDT PCI device implementation fails, the entire SSDT PCI device implementation will fail. Start with a minimalistic SSDT just implementing HDEF. Once the first device works, add another one until your SSDT is complete and works as a whole.

Good luck,

KGP

Reactions: GDS
New EFI-Folder implemented in and attached to originating post of this thread (guide)

EFI-Folder related changes:
  • Implementation of Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4522
  • Adding patched apsf.efi v.10.13.5
  • Adding SMCHelper-64.efi
  • Adding VBoxHfs-64.efi
Adding SMCHelper-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ solved the issue with the USB macOS Installer partition being invisible in the Clover Boot Loader Menu.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the previous EFI-Folder distribution.

The new EFI-Folder distribution is once more attached below.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X99-10.13.5-Release-iMacPro1,1-100618.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 149
thank you
ok so for the CPU: does it mean that reordering and rearranging everything:
"the result in a proper CPU core reordering as well as in a iMac Pro specific CPU core variable naming."
so does it mean that it increases, for example the Geekbench or, stability?
i am pretty lost on this part and the interest (sorry)
My problem is where to find the infos to rearrange everything on the ADSL

as you can see on the screen the CP00@0 shows this
and i understood that rearranging means from CP00 to the last one
but the references in hex. from "find" to "replace" where can find them?

meaning so that at the end by replacing the "find" and "replace" in the config.plist
it will show: CP00 -> PR00 find: XXXXX replace: YYYYYY ?

Capture d’écran 2018-06-11 à 04.49.21.png

for the GPU, hummmmm more complicated :D
so as I don't need audio (I use a DUET2), is there any problem of stability IF I don't implement your method?
cause pretty afraid of making bad change

PS: concerning the "ouch", which complets the fact that I should read better your 1st topic (#1905)
sorry for all my questions which can look "dumb"
my non activity on the forum during a while is due to a strong burn-out, as Dr-Eng (it can happen too
and pretty difficult to come back to normal) sorry

Ouch !!!!

@GDS, don't use the i7-6950X core reorder and renaming ACPI replacements!

If you want to implement Xeon 2696 v4 core reorder and renaming ACPI replacements, you have to start from scratch based on your original IOREG picture.

Concerning your SSDT GPU implementation! Your GPU will properly show up in Slot-1 as soon the rest of your SSDT is adequately implemented. Once more remember that if any SSDT PCI device implementation fails, the entire SSDT PCI device implementation will fail. Start with a minimalistic SSDT just implementing HDEF. Once the first device works, add another one until your SSDT is complete and works as a whole.

Good luck,

KGP

thank you
ok so for the CPU: does it mean that reordering and rearranging everything:
"the result in a proper CPU core reordering as well as in a iMac Pro specific CPU core variable naming."
so does it mean that it increases, for example the Geekbench or, stability?
i am pretty lost on this part and the interest (sorry)
My problem is where to find the infos to rearrange everything on the ADSL

as you can see on the screen the CP00@0 shows this
and i understood that rearranging means from CP00 to the last one
but the references in hex. from "find" to "replace" where can find them?

meaning so that at the end by replacing the "find" and "replace" in the config.plist
it will show: CP00 -> PR00 find: XXXXX replace: YYYYYY ?

View attachment 335330

for the GPU, hummmmm more complicated :D
so as I don't need audio (I use a DUET2), is there any problem of stability IF I don't implement your method?
cause pretty afraid of making bad change

PS: concerning the "ouch", which complets the fact that I should read better your 1st topic (#1905)
sorry for all my questions which can look "dumb"
my non activity on the forum during a while is due to a strong burn-out, as Dr-Eng (it can happen too
and pretty difficult to come back to normal) sorry

With respect to burnout I can share your feelings and know quite well what it means to feel like this. Fortunately my burnout is not Hackintosh world related .... I hope your's neither, thus... let's keep on rocking here at least.. ;)

The CPU core reordering and renaming is mainly cosmetic. Thus, if you see it impossible to reorder and rename your CPU cores by means of ACPI replacements, you can also skip that part.

However, you should not skip the HDEF implementation, as long you also aim at HDAU implementation. I also see no reason for not implementing your onboard sound chip, even if you don't use it and you select analogue audio output via a different device.

By not implementing HDEF in the SSDT, also your GPU and HDAU SSDT implementation will fail. That's why you see your GPU in Slot-4 instead of Slot-1. The latter fact however does not exclude that any other PCI device implementation in your current SSDT fails in addition.

Either you properly adopt the SSDT to your system and slot configuration or you skip the SSDT entirely. It might be better not to use any SSDT instead of using an erroneous one.

Clear enough? ;)

Cheers,

KGP

Reactions: GDS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back