Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) Please implement your system specs in either your profile and signature
2.) Please continue working on implementing my system configuration

I've added my system specs to my profile, sorry about that.

I have followed your guide up to creating a installer usb without deviating at all. Something that may be useful as well is that I have been able to use the previous version of your guide in 2017 to successfully hackintosh my machine. I left it on the screen with

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

overnight, but it never moved past that. If there is any other information that would be helpful let me know. I appreciate your guide and suggestions/help. Thank you!

I've added my system specs to my profile, sorry about that.

I have followed your guide up to creating a installer usb without deviating at all. Something that may be useful as well is that I have been able to use the previous version of your guide in 2017 to successfully hackintosh my machine. I left it on the screen with

overnight, but it never moved past that. If there is any other information that would be helpful let me know. I appreciate your guide and suggestions/help. Thank you!

The ++++ means that something in your setup is still wrong. Could be EFI, could be BIOS. Unfortunately I am not a visionary.

In my first attempts i used 0x0306F2 as Fake CPUID because it didnt work with 0x0674. Even though its for Haswell-E - it worked. Then i modified everything till my final build :)

Your 6800K is like my 6850K..

In my first attempts i used 0x0306F2 as Fake CPUID because it didnt work with 0x0674. Even though its for Haswell-E - it worked. Then i modified everything till my final build :)

Your 6800K is like my 6850K..
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that when I get home tonight. Did you end up modifying the Fake CPUID back after installation?

Yes, after installation and removing unnecessary kexts and tuning my BIOS the Fake CPUID 0x040674 worked

Does these log files tell you anything what is wrong with the detection of the CPU? Is this a problem with my combination of i7-5820k and the MSI X99S board? Or is this a bios setting?

Attachments

• IMG_20180607_171717.jpg
    IMG_20180607_171717.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180607_171706.jpg
    IMG_20180607_171706.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Hi mr KGP!

As usual, perfect install / update. No problem whatsoever (just a tiny mistake from my part that resulted in APFS that I didn't want, but no harm done since diskwarrior is APFS support now).

That being said, just a tiny question, again, if you can help...

How to enable AppleUSBPowerController correctly to give iOS device Max power available? (2100mA instead of only 500mA).

Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to be able to do it myself :/

Thanks for your kind support!

Reactions: kgp
Hi mr KGP!

As usual, perfect install / update. No problem whatsoever (just a tiny mistake from my part that resulted in APFS that I didn't want, but no harm done since diskwarrior is APFS support now).

That being said, just a tiny question, again, if you can help...

How to enable AppleUSBPowerController correctly to give iOS device Max power available? (2100mA instead of only 500mA).

Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to be able to do it myself :/

Thanks for your kind support!

Guess @RehabMan published something that solves this issue?

ok from my side, so far so good
planned to take few hours to install everything but 30 mins was enough
@kgp: thank you a lot again

so now, for my little tiny contribution
it is time to check and if problem to modify some points and make some tests for my rig
but for tiny information:
1/ the X99DLXII bios with the splash screen iMac Pro: works PERFECTLY
2/ i have a plextor NVMe which is not recognised BUT I guess it is material: I will see under the bios if something can be managed before to share if there is a problem with this one or not
3/ after installing the Nvidia driver, I had to activate it on the clover menu, automatically it didn't, if someone has this problem: think about it ;)
4/ my 1080Ti fully OC (2100MHz/12900MHz) is fully used and look stable

will let you know concerning the 2699v4 and his behaviour as iMac Pro

i come back after some tiny tests

so concerning the 2696v4, same results than with X.12.3
i am happy of it and best results as you described before was with "sync all cores"
I need to play little bit with others options like EIST but I don't think that I will have much better
for a Broadwell: it is ok :mrgreen:

Capture d’écran 2018-06-08 à 04.17.17.png Capture d’écran 2018-06-08 à 03.55.35.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back