Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess you are trying to overclock without the proper voltage. Turn off "Sync All Cores" and make sure the other settings for "no overclock" are set in the Bios and see if your system is stable then.

Yeah, I forgot to mention I had tried that also.

Anyone trying to get the onboard bluetooth working for the x99 deluxe-ii. Stick BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext into clover/kext/other/. Not sure if it would work for the other x99 boards.

Attachments

• BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 65
It has been my experience that PMDrvr and Cuda do not work well together. If I run without EIST and PMDrvr I do not get random reboots with Cuda enabled programs. Sweetsnap's post #512 also has the same issue.

Hey raptortrax! After further testing the freezing issue is definitely better but not totally gone. Is there anything else that maybe effecting this?

Could I just disable any other type or CPU control. Performance and stability are most important to me and if that mean disabling all eco CPU controls that's fine.

It seems to have narrowed down to just adobe premier or media encoder. I was able to get it to freeze and crash when using redcine-x while decoding footage but that seems to be pretty stable now

Last edited:
I occasionally have to boot into Windows to get my interface to be seen but it's rare. If I'm having trouble, I normally just need to shut down, unplug, and then restart for it to work again. When that happens, I have to do a "reset" on my interface and then it works fine right into OSX no matter what.

You might have to flip your graphics card to a different slot if it's blocking 16_2, I read about some folks having to do that and then they got TB to work.

Hmmm-

I can't get the TBEX3 card working with the Red 8Pre in 10.13 for the life of me. On my setup the 16_2 isn't blocked by the video card (1_1 is). The problem seems to be that 16_2 can only be set as SB in AIC location group, then I can set 16_2 to x4. In this setting the TB light on the 8Pre lights up, but it won't actually play any sounds. In any of the other slots I'm getting errors with any of the Aptiomemfix or Osxaptiomemfix options. I'm tempted to try a Deluxe II, but I need TB to be reliable and not weird (multi op recording/production studio). Would you be able to power cycle your interface and never need to boot windows? Your system is fully stable otherwise? Thanks, I appreciate your time...

Does anyone have TB working in 10.13 with the X99 A II?

Hey raptortrax! After further testing the freezing issue is definitely better but not totally gone. Is there anything else that maybe effecting this?

Could I just disable any other type or CPU control. Performance and stability are most important to me and if that mean disabling all eco CPU controls that's fine.

It seems to have narrowed down to just adobe premier or media encoder. I was able to get it to freeze and crash when using redcine-x while decoding footage but that seems to be pretty stable now
Hi @guysmilez , I am suffering a similar problem as you [https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-screen-will-be-stuck-when-cuda-application-is-running.248535/].

My system will be stuck if any deep learning applications using CUDA is executed. I also try to disable PMDrar.kext, but the issue is still there.

Hi thank you for your most detailed guide for X99 user.
I have x99-A mobo, E5 - 2685 v3 2.6Hz Xeon 2011-3, and EVGA 1070 FTW
I downloaded your EFI-X99-10.13.3-SA-Release-020318.zip and overwrite EFI folder and I changed the value to Hawell to x0a01.
When I booted with Clover it says that
AptioMemoryFix(R15): Starting \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
AMF: Only 128/256 slide values are usable! Booting may fail!
Valie Slides: 128-255

and it doesn't process any further.
Would you please give me some help...

Thank you.

Hi man, I just want to say, thanks for this awesome guide, this guide was the only one that help me to complete my x99 STRIX GAMING, core i7 6850k, GTX 1080 ti dual boot, specially the Nvidia patch to prevent the black screen and the configuration with turbo boost and overclocking, your guide is a complete piece of art, nice work and thanks for helping the community.

Hi @kgp, may I know if you have tried to run some CUDA applications on your x99 hackintosh?

I use Cuda just for Substance Painter which probably isn't as intensive as premiere and I only use it in about 15% of my workflow but it will freeze my rig within a minute with EIST while running smoothly without. I don't really have anything else I can suggest but since there is a new version of SP out I will be working with it heavily this week and will provide any more info I have on the thread that xiaodai created. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-screen-will-be-stuck-when-cuda-application-is-running.248535/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back