Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kgp..., is there a resolution to the lack of of my GPU properties? Like GPU acceleration... Are you working on that? Thanks.

kgp..., is there a resolution to the lack of of my GPU properties? Like GPU acceleration... Are you working on that? Thanks.

If I would be working on it I would develop a 10.13 Web Driver for Nvidia..:lol: This is definitely not the case :thumbdown GPU acceleration once the Nvidida Wev Driver is released!

Can you help the ++++++++++++++ plus problem guys? Obviously you also did not encounter any problem when installing/updating to PB3/DP4

Thanks,

KGP

If I would be working on it I would develop a 10.13 Web Driver for Nvidia..:lol: This is definitely not the case :thumbdown GPU acceleration once the Nvidida Wev Driver is released!

Can you help the ++++++++++++++ plus problem guys? Obviously you also did not encounter any problem when installing/updating to PB3/DP4

Thanks,

KGP
Check BIOS accordingly with the guide to install macOS Sierra. Those settings work for me and finally check your clover configuration regarding RT Variables. For instant, if I use in CsrActiveConfig a value of 0x3, at that point, clover automatically reboots but if I set it to 0x67 runs just fine. Hope it helps! :)

EDIT: By the way, update your clover to the latest version and install OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64. Also or alternatively, install CsmVideoDxe-64 that is a 64bit video driver for Clover GUI allowing to choose more resolutions. It is based on CSM module in UEFI BIOS and requires CSM to be enabled. That's all I had to cover to get clover working or bypass the boot into installation or to run the OS already installed.

Last edited:
Check BIOS accordingly with the guide to install macOS Sierra. Those settings work for me and finally check your clover configuration regarding RT Variables. For instant, if I use in CsrActiveConfig a value of 0x3, at that point, clover automatically reboots but if I set it to 0x67 runs just fine. Hope it helps! :)

You mean to install macOS High Sierra, right? Did you use a USB 2.0 Flash drive in a USB 3.0 port for the clean install? Or did you update?

Last edited:
You mean to install macOS High Sierra, right? Did you use a USB 2.0 Flash drive in a USB 3.0 port for the clean install? Or did you update?
"Sierra", and I didn't update. It was a clean install using a USB 2.0 flash drive on a 2.0 USB port.
Now, that BIOS config gets my rig to accept the hacks. It was only the config.plist with clover configurator that I had to change to 6.1 SMBIOS to get rid of the black screen in High Sierra.

Last edited:
"Sierra", and I didn't update. It was a clean install using a USB 2.0 flash drive on a 2.0 USB port.
Now, that BIOS config gets my rig to accept the hacks. It was only the config.plist with clover configurator that I had to change to 6.1 SMBIOS to get rid of the black screen in High Sierra.

I don't catch it yet! You talk about the Sierra installation but you solved the black screen issue in High Sierra? I miss the link! How did you switch from Sierra to High Sierra without clean install or update to 10.13?

I don't catch it yet! You talk about the Sierra installation but you solved the black screen issue in High Sierra? I miss the link! How did you switch from Sierra to High Sierra without clean install or update to 10.13?
I meant "Sierra BIOS guide" to bypass the "++++++++++++++++" reboot issue.

I meant "Sierra BIOS guide" to bypass the "++++++++++++++++" reboot issue.

But did you update from 10.12 or did you perform a clean install of 10.13? You mean you used the BIOS settings of my 10.12 Guide instead those mentioned in my 10.13 guide? But they are identical.... :(

The only difference is that in my macOS Sierra 10.12 guide I clearly mention at the beginning:

Intel xHCI Mode: "Enabled" or "Smart Auto", depending on whether an USB3 or USB2 Boot-Stick will be used for MacOs Sierra installation (thanks to @KevinAGI for providing this important information).

"Enabled" for USB3.0 install
"Smart Auto" for USB2.0 install

And that at first place I mention for the install:

d) EHCI Hand-off: "Disabled"

But this might be just crucial for a clean install of 10.13 via USB flash drive but not for an update from 10.12 to 10.13 or 10.13PB2/DP3 to 10.13PB3/DP4 on a NVMe/ SSD/HDD test drive!

Later on for the post-configuration I propose in the USB section to use:

VT-d disabled
XHCI Mode Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-Off Enabled
EHCI Hand-Off Enabled

which is identical to the proposed BIOS configuration in my 10.13 High Sierra Guide

Last edited:
But did you update from 10.12 or did you perform a clean install of 10.13? You mean you used the BIOS settings of my 10.12 Guide instead those mentioned in my 10.13 guide? But they are identical.... :(

The only difference is that in my macOS Sierra 10.12 guide I clearly mention at the beginning:

Intel xHCI Mode: "Enabled" or "Smart Auto", depending on whether an USB3 or USB2 Boot-Stick will be used for MacOs Sierra installation (thanks to @KevinAGI for providing this important information).

"Enabled" for USB3.0 install
"Smart Auto" for USB2.0 install

And that at first place I mention for the install:

d) EHCI Hand-off: "Disabled"

But this might be just crucial for a clean install of 10.13 via USB flash drive but not for an update from 10.12 to 10.13 or 10.13PB2/DP3 to 10.13PB3/DP4 on a NVMe/ SSD/HDD test drive!

Later on for the post-configuration I propose in the USB section to use:

VT-d disabled
XHCI Mode Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-Off Enabled
EHCI Hand-Off Enabled

which is identical to the proposed BIOS configuration in my 10.13 High Sierra Guide

Didn't update from 10.12 but a clean installation of DP4 with this BIOS settings guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

kgp - I'm only speaking about how I solved the ++++++++++++++ reboot issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back