Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said I followed it precisely, I have BIOS configuration matching the guide, have a 3.0 flash drive in a 2.0 port just to be safe. I was replying to other poster originally seeing if he had a solution to the same problem, wasn't expecting anything at all

I was booting from a USB3.0 port using a USB 2.0 flash drive. I don't know it that helps.

I will try once more to boot with my usb drive and send you its EFI folder. I cannot do more. I can just provide the guideline. The rest you have to figure out yourself.

Cheers,

KGP

Success Mr. Solar Physics! :clap: The Mac Pro 6.1 SMBIOS did the trick! The GPU is recognised but now we have to work on proper acceleration and transparency, if possible...
You're the man, thanks!

View attachment 269618 :thumbup: :clap:

Perfect man!!!! :clap: You see, everything has an solution. One just has to think an ask the other side as much as possible... :thumbup: There is always some user error if something goes wrong. Do you know how many people tell me every day that they exactly followed my guide and at the end they committed some error at some place and as not able to find the solution for their particular problem.. o_O

As I said I followed it precisely, I have BIOS configuration matching the guide, have a 3.0 flash drive in a 2.0 port just to be safe. I was replying to other poster originally seeing if he had a solution to the same problem, wasn't expecting anything at all

O.k. here is the EFI folder of my USB2.0 Flash Drive. It boots flawless until the 10.13 DP4 installer on a USB3.0 port. I just tried it once more 5 min ago.

Cheers,

KGP

DP4-installer.png

One more question: which SMBIOS do you use? You know that you MUST use Mac Pro 6.1????

Attachments

• EFI-USB-Flash-Drive.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Perfect man!!!! :clap: You see, everything has an solution. One just has to think an ask the other side as much as possible... :thumbup: There is always some user error if something goes wrong. Do you know how many people tell me every day that they exactly followed my guide and at the end they committed some error at some place and as not able to find the solution for their particular problem.. o_O
How many times have you updated the topic... Cheers mate!

How many times have you updated the topic... Cheers mate!

My approach works perfectly. Sometimes there might be still missing some emphasize on things which are important though. I therefore permanently try to improve the clearness and preciseness of my guide thanks to the feedback of users like you! :thumbup:

Although I would have never imagined that someone uses a different SMBIOS when the one which comes with EFI-10.13-TM is complete and just needs to be finished. ;)

Last edited:
Hi KGP
Can you check your DVD Player.app work or not?
thank you.

I have x99 deluxe II used your tutorial to install 10.12 and it was perfect setup, now trying to get clean installation on second ssd drive but stuck on the ++++++++++++++ plus signs at boot from the usb
the latest efi 30.07
thanks

I have x99 deluxe II used your tutorial to install 10.12 and it was perfect setup, now trying to get clean installation on second ssd drive but stuck on the ++++++++++++++ plus signs at boot from the usb
the latest efi 30.07
thanks

I don't know exactly the reason for the problem of ++++++++++++++ plus many users report

For me everything works fine!

Try to install with a USB 2.0 flash drive via a USB 3.0 front port with xHCI set to "Smart Auto"... SMBIOS mut be Mac Pro 6.1!

we have to figure out what is exactly the problem with boards different from the ASUS X99-A II and CPUs different from i7-6950X. I don't think there is any major difference though. I had the same issue at the beginning. Adding the last KernelToPatch entry solved the ++++++++++++++ plus problem on my rig!

I am not able to improve anything further as the EFI settings perfectly work on my rig!

Which processor do you use? I7-6900K?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back