Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nmano,

Absolutely great!! :thumbup:

This is the 1st time that I can see the most devices identified in System Information→HW→PCI and it does put my hackintosh into sleep when I click PAUSE, but it wakes up after 2 seconds, no more cold restarts - almost there !!!! :headbang:

Now my System Information→HW→PCI shows the following:
View attachment 296163
  • I've highlighted above my Asus ThunderboltEX 3 devices detected by DPCI manager - Do you think you can also add them to the SSDT ?
  • The only device not detected (from the new SSDT) is the Broadcom BCM4360 WLAN adapter - the PCI device & vendor are correct though...
I believe that now the only thing missing for a successful sleep & awake process is the addition of the USB devices to the SSDT file, which I think, will also make the WLAN device appear in System Information.

Attached the .ioreg file again.

Thanks for your efforts.

Boa sorte,
Paulo
Run DarwinDumper_3.0
upload your DMI Tables

Hi mimixa,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, the EFI that you've sent crashes at boot up - tried 3 times...

But don't worry, nmano is helping me and just today, for the 1st time, i was able to have a almost successful awake from sleep (unfortunately only lasted 2 seconds), with everything being properly awaken!!

I'll post here the results.

Boa sorte,
Paulo
Augustopaulo,

I'm also in the process of setting up, you can show your EFI.

I'm trying to make Ssdt_all.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    20.3 MB · Views: 105
Run DarwinDumper_3.0
upload your DMI Tables
Hi nmano,

Glad you're still pushing!

Your latest SSDT, in which I think, you've added the SSDT code for the ThunderboltEX3 card made the 2 previous undetected PCI devices (thunderbolt) disappear, see below:
NO Thunderbolt in PCI.jpeg

Also, as requested, I've attached the DMI Tables folder from DarwinDumper3.0.4.

Thanks.

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Attachments

• DMI Tables.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 48
Augustopaulo,

I'm also in the process of setting up, you can show your EFI.

I'm trying to make Ssdt_all.

Hi mimixa,

Sure, here you go!

This is my latest (& supported by nmano), just removed "Firmware.scap" & contents of Themes folder, for smaller file.

Don't forget, it's customised for my HW, ok ? ;)

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 99
Hi mimixa,

Sure, here you go!

This is my latest (& supported by nmano), just removed "Firmware.scap" & contents of Themes folder, for smaller file.

Don't forget, it's customised for my HW, ok ? ;)

Boa sorte,
Paulo
Thank you. We will study.

Hi cristibest,

I think that KGP updates the latest and greatest files at the end of his guide on page 1. The PMDrvr.kext in there should be the correct one. However, I think your issue might be with your EFI.

I am not an expert on Hackintosh but your screen shots on 1050 and 1052 do not look like correct, specifically the MatchOS in the KerneltoPatch sections. Those seem like they are from an older EFI and have since been removed. (See C.4 in the beginning of the guide.) Also the arguments in the boot section are not anything I have seen before but maybe they pertain to your specific build.

You might want to get someone more experience to confirm before updating.

Hope this helps.

Hi. I modified what you said, but i have the same issue, random reboot. Any advice ? Kgp what do you think ?

I attached the clover folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 23.29.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 23.29.02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 23.28.57.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 23.28.57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 23.28.52.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 23.28.52.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • CLOVER.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi nmano,

Glad you're still pushing!

Your latest SSDT, in which I think, you've added the SSDT code for the ThunderboltEX3 card made the 2 previous undetected PCI devices (thunderbolt) disappear, see below:
View attachment 296230

Also, as requested, I've attached the DMI Tables folder from DarwinDumper3.0.4.

Thanks.

Boa sorte,
Paulo
Can you make fresh DMI Table
Remove Patched SSDT or DSDT

Can you make fresh DMI Table
Remove Patched SSDT or DSDT
Hi nmano,

Of course, here you have it.

I've just commented out the "patched" EFI/CLOVER/ACPI folder, run DarwinDumper again and got the DMI tables, with no SSDT in my system.

Also added the ioreg file.

Thanks again.

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Attachments

• DMI Tables.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Paulo’s Mac Pro - no SSDT.ioreg.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 69
Important notification for @ALL Nvidia Users with respect to the recent macOS 10.13.1 Apple Security Updates

Note that there have been two macOS 10.13.1 Security Updates within 48 hours, which did not require any system reboot or further system modification.

Note however, that the former 10.13.1 Nvidia web driver is incompatible with new build 17B1003.

Thus, after one reboot of your updated system, you will find your system in the OS X Default Graphics Driver configuration.

In case that your Nvidia Web Driver Manager does not yet automatically find the updated web driver for build 17B1003 and thus does not perform the web driver update directly either, please manually download and install the updated WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.109.pkg package.

Both Security Update and Web Driver Update work straight forward and absolutely flawless and do not require any additional changes or measurements on your system.

Cheers,

kgp.png

Hi nmano,

Of course, here you have it.

I've just commented out the "patched" EFI/CLOVER/ACPI folder, run DarwinDumper again and got the DMI tables, with no SSDT in my system.

Also added the ioreg file.

Thanks again.

Boa sorte,
Paulo
I fixed slot info
Can you update IOREG test this SSDT
Thank you.

Attachments

• SSDT-All-Pauio.aml.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.