Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nmano,

:clap: Amazing and thanks so much :headbang:

Just for fun, I've used your "SSD-X99-All_Sleep.aml" and for the 1st time ever on any of my hackintosh builds, I was able to fully make system goto to deep sleep and then fully back (with PMDrv.kext for EIST & Corsair PSU link + water cooled H110i GTX USBs active) by pressing the power button, even awakening my Apple Mouse(A1296)+Keyboard(A1314)+trackpad(A1339) bluetooth devices!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now the drawback: I've lost my HDMI sound to my Panasonic 4k HDR tv and all my System Information PCI devices that were showing up there, so, I wonder if you (or anyone on this thread) can have a look at my configuration and update it so that I can have all the PCI devices showing in my System Info, plus HDMI sound while maintaining this amazing sleep feature ?

I've tried a couple of times to edit your "SSD-X99-All_Sleep.aml" files with my SSDT files (EFI->CLOVER->ACPI->patched) by looking through IORegistryExplorer info, but always ended up worst than started!!

My current "System Information", PCI section:
View attachment 295856

DPCI Manager Devices detected:
View attachment 295861 View attachment 295860 View attachment 295859 View attachment 295858 View attachment 295857

Finally, I've uploaded my EFI folder and the IORegistryExplorer .ioreg file.
Try it replace EFI.

Attachments

• Архив 2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I am a network engineer for years and although i have followed instructions to the letter, every single time something is not working. Imagine i cant get the devil to even boot properly. I have:

Gigabyte X99 UD4
Nvidia 1080 GTX
Samsung Evo 850 etc.

The damn thing wont boot. Hate it on apple Machines, now i hate it everywhere.

I have downloaded all the PMDrvr.kext versions from the internet. I have 6 versions. With 3 from 6 i cannot boot,it stuck at apple logo. With another 2 i can boot but performance is not very high. It remain 1 version ( which is attached in first post from Kgp ) i can boot, the performace is amazing but i have random reboot every time, so i cannot use it :(.

1)How can i open the PMDrvr.kext versions to check what is different and replace, to sort the random reboot problem ? Hex Editor ?

2) How can i check what cause the reboot in first place ? Console ?

i have attached the shoot with the versions. Folder are named with date and hour that was created the PMDrvr.kext. The blue one is one that is high performance but it has reboots.
The 3 that i cannot but are the newer one. Something has change in their code.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 21.43.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 21.43.13.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi nmano,

:clap: Amazing and thanks so much :headbang:

Just for fun, I've used your "SSD-X99-All_Sleep.aml" and for the 1st time ever on any of my hackintosh builds, I was able to fully make system goto to deep sleep and then fully back (with PMDrv.kext for EIST & Corsair PSU link + water cooled H110i GTX USBs active) by pressing the power button, even awakening my Apple Mouse(A1296)+Keyboard(A1314)+trackpad(A1339) bluetooth devices!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now the drawback: I've lost my HDMI sound to my Panasonic 4k HDR tv and all my System Information PCI devices that were showing up there, so, I wonder if you (or anyone on this thread) can have a look at my configuration and update it so that I can have all the PCI devices showing in my System Info, plus HDMI sound while maintaining this amazing sleep feature ?

I've tried a couple of times to edit your "SSD-X99-All_Sleep.aml" files with my SSDT files (EFI->CLOVER->ACPI->patched) by looking through IORegistryExplorer info, but always ended up worst than started!!

My current "System Information", PCI section:
View attachment 295856

DPCI Manager Devices detected:
View attachment 295861 View attachment 295860 View attachment 295859 View attachment 295858 View attachment 295857

Finally, I've uploaded my EFI folder and the IORegistryExplorer .ioreg file.
Test and report
Enjoy

Attachments

• SSDT-All-Pauio.aml.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 60
I have downloaded all the PMDrvr.kext versions from the internet. I have 6 versions. With 3 from 6 i cannot boot,it stuck at apple logo. With another 2 i can boot but performance is not very high. It remain 1 version ( which is attached in first post from Kgp ) i can boot, the performace is amazing but i have random reboot every time, so i cannot use it :(.

1)How can i open the PMDrvr.kext versions to check what is different and replace, to sort the random reboot problem ? Hex Editor ?

2) How can i check what cause the reboot in first place ? Console ?

i have attached the shoot with the versions. Folder are named with date and hour that was created the PMDrvr.kext. The blue one is one that is high performance but it has reboots.
The 3 that i cannot but are the newer one. Something has change in their code.

Hi cristibest,

I think that KGP updates the latest and greatest files at the end of his guide on page 1. The PMDrvr.kext in there should be the correct one. However, I think your issue might be with your EFI.

I am not an expert on Hackintosh but your screen shots on 1050 and 1052 do not look like correct, specifically the MatchOS in the KerneltoPatch sections. Those seem like they are from an older EFI and have since been removed. (See C.4 in the beginning of the guide.) Also the arguments in the boot section are not anything I have seen before but maybe they pertain to your specific build.

You might want to get someone more experience to confirm before updating.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: kgp
@nmano,

apparently I am not able to change all method implementations to device implementations in my SSDT-ASUS-X99-A.aml. To start with, already the HDEF implementation stops working after the change. I guess the problem is the _ADR addressing... How do I get the correct _ADR entry without a DSDT.aml? IOReg?

As far I understand, the device instead of the method approach is fundamental for properly implementing

Code:
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
        {
            0x6D,
            Zero
        })

Correct?

Last edited:
@nmano,

apparently I am not able to change all method implementations to device implementations in my SSDT-ASUS-X99-A.aml. To start with, already the HDEF implementation stops working after the change. I guess the problem is the _ADR addressing... How do I get the correct _ADR entry without a DSDT.aml? IOReg?

As far I understand, the device instead of the method approach is fundamental for properly implementing

Code:
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
        {
            0x6D,
            Zero
        })

Correct?
Its work with when renaming devices.Look My SSDT only work that parth map.

Its work with when renaming devices.Look My SSDT only work that parth map.

I did but I don't know how to get the correct _ADR entry. Do you understand?

Without your value it does not work..

I did but I don't know how to get the correct _ADR entry. Do you understand?

Without your value it does not work..
Look my SSDT

Attachments

• SSDT-X99-All_Sleep.aml.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back