Contribute
Register

[HELP] Error while trying to boot macOS High Sierra installer in Clover, error loading kernel cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a 2006 iMac running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. What do you mean by "where"?

Edit: I tried to reach the installer but it did not work, I still get the error "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)"

• If you had removed the unwanted kexts from CLOVER/kexts/Other as shown in my previous post and still getting the same error as in your original verbose boot image, I Can't help you without reviewing your ENTIRE CLOVER folder uploaded as a zipped file and the list of BIOS option chosen for booting the USB installer.

• All I can say is that the problem is with either your BIOS choices or CLOVER contents including config.plist or shared by both.
  • Your chosen MoBO/CPU/and Graphics are OK for macOS High Sierra Installation.

If you had removed the unwanted kexts from CLOVER/kexts/Other as shown in my previous post and still getting the same error as in your original verbose boot image, I Can't help you without reviewing your ENTIRE CLOVER folder uploaded as a zipped file and the list of BIOS option chosen for booting the USB installer.
I uploaded my CLOVER folder. I'll give you the list of the BIOS options.

Edit: As tonymacx86 suggests it, I set these parameters, after loading optimized defaults:
- Intel Virtualisation Tech: Disbled
- CFG-lock: I don't have it
- Secure boot mode: I don't have it
- MSI Fast Boot: Disabled
- Fast Boot: Disabled
- Windows 8/8.1 feature: Disabled
- Serial (COM) Port0: Disabled
- XHCI Handoff: Enabled

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I uploaded my CLOVER folder. I'll give you the list of the BIOS options.

Edit: As tonymacx86 suggests it, I set these parameters, after loading optimized defaults:
- Intel Virtualisation Tech: Disbled
- CFG-lock: I don't have it
- Secure boot mode: I don't have it
- MSI Fast Boot: Disabled
- Fast Boot: Disabled
- Windows 8/8.1 feature: Disabled
- Serial (COM) Port0: Disabled
- XHCI Handoff: Enabled

• I have reviewed all your posts several times.
  • I have reviewed your current post, listed BIOS options chosen for this boot and the uploaded CLOVER folder.
    • Your Hardware Specs show you have two Graphics , one from your Intel i5 4670K =Intel HD 4600 and the other PCIE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.
      • Your post to this point does not say what Video card you are using to connect your monitor
      • and what ports are connected and
      • what type of Cable is used to connect the ports
    • Your BIOS settings listed say nothing about the choice of Graphics options for this boot.
    • Your BIOS option for this boot says nothing about the Boot Mode chosen to boot your USB installer
      • UEFI or Legacy?
  • CLOVER has too many things wrong in all important sections like /drivers64UEFI, /kexts/Other and several config.plist menus [see uploaded images not annotated with suggested fixes; no time to review MoBo documentation to know the requirement to suggest changes]
  • With your Current BIOS setup and current CLOVER you won't be able to access the Disk Utility with the USB installer.
  • I suggest you search the Forum for any well documented successful High Sierra installation on Intel 8 Series of Motherboard (preferably withIntel HD 4600 Graphics) to know about how to setup BIOS and CLOVER.
  • I suggest you to review (if not already done) your BIOS >Settings>Advanced Menus and Submenus for all the fields keeping in mind the various devices on board like Graphics, Audio, Ethernet, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Ports , PCIE slots etc and that you are going to have two or more boot devices you have to boot on that system using that board preferably in UEFI mode .
    • Initially you have to boot the USB installer until you have Hard disk with macOS High Sierra 10.13.X ( and may be Windows|Linux) and you should know how to make this booting safe and successful with the help of the right BIOS and the Right CLOVER in your macOS High Sierra USB Installer and
    • later a similar CLOVER on your MacOS High Sierra System disk that can boot flawless and let other OSes boot to their respective System Desktops.

Attachments

• 1.:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    1.:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    2.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.config.plist_ACPI ..png
    3.config.plist_ACPI ..png
    144.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.config.plist_Boot.png
    4.config.plist_Boot.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 6.Graphics _Blank.png
    6.Graphics _Blank.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 5.config.plist_GUi.png
    5.config.plist_GUi.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 7.Kernel and Kext Patches .png
    7.Kernel and Kext Patches .png
    143 KB · Views: 105
  • 8.Rt Variables .png
    8.Rt Variables .png
    134.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 9.SMBIO_Blank .png
    9.SMBIO_Blank .png
    168 KB · Views: 95
Your post to this point does not say what Video card you are using to connect your monitor
I am using the GTX 1070 (I selected the "PEG" option) connected in PCIE & HDMI.

Your BIOS option for this boot says nothing about the Boot Mode chosen to boot your USB installer
I chose the UEFI+LEGACY boot option, but I also tried the UEFI boot option but I did not work either.

CLOVER has too many things wrong in all important sections like /drivers64UEFI, /kexts/Other and several config.plist menus [see uploaded images not annotated with suggested fixes; no time to review MoBo documentation to know the requirement to suggest changes]
- The ACPI patches are the defaults ones
- This is the same for the fixes
- I saw in a tutorial that enabling npci=0x3000 fix would fix the error that I get every time
- I don't know what to chose in the Gui, Graphics, Kernel & Kext patches and SMBIOS sections

I chose the UEFI+LEGACY boot option, but I also tried the UEFI boot option but I did not work either.

- The ACPI patches are the defaults ones
- I saw in a tutorial that enabling npci=0x3000 fix would fix the error that I get every time
- I don't know what to chose in the Gui, Graphics, Kernel & Kext patches and SMBIOS sections
  • You should make the initial installation of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on the Hard disk using the Integrated Intel HD 4600 associated with your Intel CPU Intel i5 4670K. Once the System is fully set up with Clover EFI Bootloader and required kexts and even updated to the latest Supplemental update and boots without the need for the USB installer disk, as a second stage you can install your NVIDIA GTX 1070 . Otherwise you won't be able top install the macOS on the hard disk.

• This Motherboard is fit enough to have an OS installed in UEFI mode.
  • Between UEFI and Legacy , preferred mode for current Ones must be UEFI mode
  • If you have a UEFI USB installer with macOS High Sierra, you should change BIOS setup to UEFI Mode ONLY
The ACPI patches are the defaults ones

• Unnecessary patches and fixes cause boot failure.
  • I suggest you read about each of the Patches (Google search) and see if your Motherboard integrated or any add- on cards need any and select that one or more that is applicable and remove unwanted ones by highlight and click (-) from Right end of that section

• You should make the initial installation of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on the Hard disk using the Integrated Intel HD 4600 associated with your Intel CPU Intel i5 4670K. Once the System is fully set up with Clover EFI Bootloader and required kexts and even updated to the latest Supplemental update and boots without the need for the USB installer disk, as a second stage you can install your NVIDIA GTX 1070 . Otherwise you won't be able top install the macOS on the hard disk.

• This Motherboard is fit enough to have an OS installed in UEFI mode.
  • Between UEFI and Legacy , preferred mode for current Ones must be UEFI mode
  • If you have a UEFI USB installer with macOS High Sierra, you should change BIOS setup to UEFI Mode ONLY

• Unnecessary patches and fixes cause boot failure.
  • I suggest you read about each of the Patches (Google search) and see if your Motherboard integrated or any add- on cards need any and select that one or more that is applicable and remove unwanted ones by highlight and click (-) from Right end of that section
I followed all the advices you told me, I also tried the CLOVER folder from someone that have pretty much the same configuration as me except for the MoBo & the GPU, (he has a MSI Z87-G43 and a NVIDIA GTX 760 and the same CPU as me), but his folder didn't work :/ I think I shouldn't use a VM to run the sudo createinstallmedia command to put the Install macOS High Sierra app on the USB drive (I can't use this command on the old iMac I'm using) and to use Clover Configurator (the iMac is too old to use it)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back