Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mlross1,

Sub 2 seconds is simply not possible with such an old and low powered Nvidia GPU.
Even the most powerful AMD GPU (Radeon VII) can not do it in less than 6 seconds.

It would suggest that you have background rendering enabled so when you export FCPX is only saving the file not rendering it and then saving.

Go in to FCPX preferences and turn off background rendering as detailed in Step 2 of the instructions in Post #1 :-

Then retest ... I would expect a GT 640 to take at least 24 seconds if not longer.

Cheers
Jay

@mlross1,

Sub 2 seconds is simply not possible with such an old and low powered Nvidia GPU.
Even the most powerful AMD GPU (Radeon VII) can not do it in less than 6 seconds.

It would suggest that you have background rendering enabled so when you export FCPX is only saving the file not rendering it and then saving.

Go in to FCPX preferences and turn off background rendering as detailed in Step 2 of the instructions in Post #1 :-

Then retest ... I would expect a GT 640 to take at least 24 seconds if not longer.

Cheers
Jay

Lol I know how to take the test. I can read.

My test wasn’t 2 seconds as you can read in my post. 1=minutes with 25 being seconds. Not by any means speedy (as stated) just showing that this is a metal supported card and actually increased in speed significantly with the new update. Went from 1:49 to 1:25. I did mention the BruceX timeline being exported being 2 seconds long, but clearly stated my times.

thanks,
Micah

My test wasn’t 2 seconds as you can read in my post. 1=minutes with 25 being seconds. Not by any means speedy (as stated) just showing that this is a metal supported card and actually increased in speed significantly with the new update. Went from 1:49 to 1:25. I did mention the BruceX timeline being exported being 2 seconds long, but clearly stated my times.

@mlross1,

Thanks for the clarification ..... my bad .... might be time for some new glasses :)

Cheers
Jay

I just did a clean install of Catalina on my system (was using Mojave for the last year). Here are my results (which are twice as fast as they were on Mojave).

Result: 8 Seconds
CPU: i7-8700k stock
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.4
FCPX Version: 10.4.8
Smbios: Imac 19.1
Graphics Card: MSI Vega 56 (blower style) + HD 630 (headless)

These are more inline with what I was expecting after moving from an RX 580 to a Vega 56 last year. After the graphics card switch on Mojave I only saw a 2 second speedup. Now on Catalina with the latest FCPX it is more than twice as fast.

Just ran it again in FCPX 10.4.7 on macOS 10.14.6
Ga-z77-ds3h
24GB Corsair Vengance
i5 3570k @4GHz
Sapphire Rx 580 8GB
Sandisk Plus 120GB
2x1TB WD Green drives

To SSD: 11.72s, 11.92s
To HDD: 11.95s

Stopped times when window opened.

Just annihilates my gt 640 2GB, as expected lol

i7-8700
Asus RX 580 8GB+headless Intel 630
SMBIOS iMac 19.2
Catalina 10.15.4, FCPX 10.4.8
Asus H310 m-k board
24gb of RAM
1TB Samsung SSD

BryceX export 12 sec

Automatically Time Your Final Cut Pro X Exports with ChronoX.

@qbe,

Thanks for posting the news on ChronoX ... should help to make BruceX test results more consistent.

Seems to work well on my White Knight video editing rig ( i7 4790K + Vega 64 LC ... full spec in my signature) which clocks in at 8 seconds for the standard 5K BruceX test exported as Pro Res 422.

FCPX-Export.png

Cheers
Jay

@qbe, too bad it doesn't want to work.

nodefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back