Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@qbe, too bad it doesn't want to work.

@Namok88,

You must make the "Master File" the default FCPX destination and ensure that it is the second item in the destination list, as you can see in your screen grab, in your case the Master File destination is the fourth item in your list.

The Readme First.pdf that comes with the App makes it clear that it must be the second item in the destination list in order for it to work :-

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 14.08.54.png

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Reactions: qbe
The alert could have mentioned it too :p

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• chronosH264.jpg
    chronosH264.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 89
  • chronosHEVC.jpg
    chronosHEVC.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
MacOS 10.3.2
FCPX 10.4
i5-7400
RX460

30 seconds. Not too shabby for a budget editing build. Worth noting that 10.3.4 constantly crashed on my machine after upgrading to High Sierra. 10.4 fixed it.

Recently upgraded :)

Catalina 10.15.5
i5-9600k not overclocked yet
RX580 8gb
BruceX 5K: 10 seconds 8 seconds using ChronoX

Last edited:
My Hackintosh
with the quad core i7-4790 / 24Gb ram and the sapphire RX5700
on Catalina 10.15.5 and FCP 10.4.8
get the **** done in until 7.5 seconds even thought a slow sata SSD bottleneck my system
I think that's a new record and shows the high potential of the Navi generation

My Hackintosh
with the quad core i7-4790 / 24Gb ram and the sapphire RX5700
on Catalina 10.15.5 and FCP 10.4.8
I think that's a new record and shows the high potential of the Navi generation

I now get 8 seconds with OpenCore and Mojave 10.14.6 and FCP 10.4.6 on a Sapphire RX580 NITRO paired with the headless iGPU.

Rendering times are important, but what really does the trick is forcing the encoding on the dGPU.

Quicksync (iGPU) can be faster on some encoding but the resulting quality is way better when done with an AMD card.

Does anyone use a hackintosh notebook to help me compare?

my is
HP Elitebook 840 g5
i5 8350u
8GB ddr 4 2400mhz
SSD 256gb Samsung Evo 860 m2
UHD 620 1.5Gb
Mac Os Catalina 15.4
FCP 10.4.8

Result is 2.12 minutes ( isn't it too high? )

Does anyone use a hackintosh notebook to help me compare?

Result is 2.12 minutes ( isn't it too high?

@masternathan,

Any laptop or desktop system that is just using a IGPU for metal compute processing is going to be slow running the BruceX export test .... Intel's IGPU's simply do not have the processing power of a dGPU.

Cheers
Jay

@masternathan,

Any laptop or desktop system that is just using a IGPU for metal compute processing is going to be slow running the BruceX export test .... Intel's IGPU's simply do not have the processing power of a dGPU.

Cheers
Jay

I see, this is the first hackintosh I have on a laptop, so I was wondering if it was normal kkkkkk

I see, this is the first hackintosh I have on a laptop, so I was wondering if it was normal

@masternathan,

Yes quite normal, you have to remember that the BruceX export test is a 5K project and there is no source footage so everything has to be rendered on the GPU (or IGPU in the case of a PC based laptop).

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back