Contribute
Register

Big Sur on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I change nothing. I use the EFI File made by deeveedee and I only made changes on the file usbports.kext
Try this file attached. In this file all the ports were present. You use an Intel M.2 WiFi card ?
I've tried that (and I can see the difference as well in comparison) but the Bluetooth is completely not showing up in system info.
The board I have is a Broadcom Bcm94360Cs2, it's natively supported and it works fine with my previous Clover EFI, but that had issues (no USB3 ports at all). I've tried as well with the USBPorts deeveedee had in his/her Catalina, same issue.

I can't understand what else to do o_O

@bexem If your Bcm94360Cs2 doesn't work after you try again, please post your sanitized EFI with you next request for help (by "sanitized," I mean to post your EFI without your PlatformInfo>Generic>MLB,ROM,SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUI). We have enough help in this thread that someone will figure out what's wrong.

@bexem If your Bcm94360Cs2 doesn't work after you try again, please post your sanitized EFI with you next request for help (by "sanitized," I mean to post your EFI without your PlatformInfo>Generic>MLB,ROM,SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUI). We have enough help in this thread that someone will figure out what's wrong.
Thank you for the support!
I have tried:
  • Deleting the front USB C completely as well but the Bluetooth;
  • The USBPorts kext by NeoNero;
Still no Bluetooth showing up.
The sleep doesn't work properly, it does go to sleep but blank screen on waking up. (1 HDMI and 2 DP. The monitor is connected to the DP directly).
The BIOS is set as in your guide.

Everything else seems to work fine!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 64
@bexem Here are my observations
  1. You will need to create your own graphics device properties. The config.plist you post has no graphics device properties.
  2. You deleted more logical USB ports than necessary. Just need to make sure the total number of logical ports is 15.
  3. Remove RTCMemoryFixup.kext from your config.plist and Kexts folder. Remove rtcfx_exclude boot-arg. Read Known Issues to learn why.
  4. I think that your Brcm Bluetooth is natively supported. Try each of the following (one at a time) and report your findings for each:
    1. Disable BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
    2. With #1, disable BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
    3. Enable BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. Change the Kext load order to the following:
      1. BrcmFirmwareData.kext
      2. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
      3. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

EDIT: @bexem If none of my suggestions fix Bluetooth, could this be the problem (and solution)?

Last edited:
@bexem Here are my observations
  1. You will need to create your own graphics device properties. The config.plist you post has no graphics device properties.
  2. You deleted more logical USB ports than necessary. Just need to make sure the total number of logical ports is 15.
  3. Remove RTCMemoryFixup.kext from your config.plist and Kexts folder. Remove rtcfx_exclude boot-arg. Read Known Issues to learn why.
  4. I think that your Brcm Bluetooth is natively supported. Try each of the following (one at a time) and report your findings for each:
    1. Disable BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
    2. With #1, disable BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
    3. Enable BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. Change the Kext load order to the following:
      1. BrcmFirmwareData.kext
      2. BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
      3. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  1. I've tried with and without (after the post I attempted again), it didn't make any different. The ports are all recognized, working and the GPU shows as supposed.
  2. Same thing, I did say I tried in different ways, I've attempted with all the ports enabled, with only the USB C removed, with the one(s) posted on the topic. I've tried even with xhci on.
  3. Cool, I've done that. I added the kext because it was giving me the error and it fixed it. It seems to work fine without anything at all as you advised. Thank you!
  4. It is natively supported, theoretically I don't even need any of the BRCM kexts, I started using them because I found out they give more stability with the connected devices for some weird reason. But yes, I have tried with disabling and ordering, no luck.
The system is more than usable as it is, even without the sleep (I was already used to not have it with Catalina/Clover, it never worked with me) and the Bluetooth. It would just be nice to have a fully functional "MacMini". And it is thanks to you in the grand part!

It is natively supported, theoretically I don't even need any of the BRCM kexts, I started using them because I found out they give more stability with the connected devices for some weird reason. But yes, I have tried with disabling and ordering, no luck.

This!!! You probably killed your BT card by doing this. The BRCMBTinjector overwrites the FW on the BT nvram card because the non Apple cards do not have a FW and need a driver (on windows) to inject it. The apple cards do not need this and will get "bricked" if you inject a FW not designed for these cards. I tested this and bricked the BT part of a card a few months ago. I seriously doubt that your devices can possibly have a more stable connection with the FW injector. More than likely that it first failed the injection and you were still running on the Apple firmware and then at some point it succeeded and killed the card.

Hopefully I am wrong but... if it is and Apple card, chances are that it bricked.
I also have not been able to get into a situation where the BT device doesn't show up at all unless it is bricked... It sometimes doesn't work right, doesn't connect with the wrong firmware injected, but it is always detected. The only time it failed to detect was when it got bricked.

Last edited:
I don't think it's bricked. I think Google is going to be your friend. Search for hackintosh Bcm94360Cs2

You'll find links like this
  1. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-no-handoff-and-no-apple-watch-unlock.294582/
  2. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fi-and-airdrop-works-but-bt-not.275112/page-2
Looking forward to hearing how you got it working.

EDIT: A couple of notes about thhe Brcm kexts:
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext: I think this injects an Apple-compatible device id (if your card isn't natively recognized). Probably not necessary if you have a card that's recognized OOB, but I don't think it hurts either. If kext order is important, try loading this last (although I've seen others who load it first).
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext: Firmware packages for various brcm cards
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext: uses the Windows firmware update model to update firmware on a Windows-compatible Brcm card. Updates the card using firmware in BrcmFirmwareData.kext

This!!! You probably killed your BT card by doing this. The BRCMBTinjector overwrites the FW on the BT nvram card because the non Apple cards do not have a FW and need a driver (on windows) to inject it. The apple cards do not need this and will get "bricked" if you inject a FW not designed for these cards. I tested this and bricked the BT part of a card a few months ago. I seriously doubt that your devices can possibly have a more stable connection with the FW injector. More than likely that it first failed the injection and you were still running on the Apple firmware and then at some point it succeeded and killed the card.

Hopefully I am wrong but... if it is and Apple card, chances are that it bricked.
I also have not been able to get into a situation where the BT device doesn't show up at all unless it is bricked... It sometimes doesn't work right, doesn't connect with the wrong firmware injected, but it is always detected. The only time it failed to detect was when it got bricked.
Uhm...That is interesting, I never considered this but it isn't my case as if I use my previous Clover install, the card still works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back